Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67262 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 6 tightens the noose
« Reply #720 on: September 18, 2009, 04:44:47 pm »

Xegeth made an honest mistake in checking Rysith twice and I didn't actually read the message (oops) that I was passing along from webadict.  So yes, it does look kind of funny, but it is the truth.

Xegeth is town because he died and flipped town.
Xegeth checked Rysith (twice) and came up human (Frelock can confirm this).
Rysith got a kill result on A_Fey_Dwarf and muchenik.
Lynch muchenik today and A_Fey_Dwarf tomorrow and we win; do anything else and we lose.

I got this from Xegeth to prove that I am actually in contact with him and that he really did make a mistake.  Frelock, can you verify that the inner message was sent to you?

It looks like I've caused problems by accidentally checking the same person twice so here's my first message to Frelock. This should hopefully confirm that you aren't lying about me but I can give more if needed. I hope my messages are enough proof.

Since you have claimed that you did kill chaoticjosh and no one has opposed that claim, I'm assuming that you're pretty much confirmed. Maybe I should have given some more reasons for my vote, to avoid doppelganger attention, but I am the agent and I did check forsaken.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 18, 2009, 05:38:51 pm »

I never doubted that you were the medium, Janus.

However, muchenik's post was less than satisfying.  If he had said "of course he got a kill result on me, I'm the PWV!" I would have been far more suspicious of you, Janus.  However, his defense was non-existent.  Therefore, I return to my former state of:
vote Muchenik
Vote for a day shortening
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 19, 2009, 12:58:40 pm »

The Whiteboard
muchenik: A_Fey_Dwarf, forsaken1111, Frelock, JanusTwoface, Rysith

The verdict is clear, muchenik must die. Frelock grabs the gun a points it at muchenik. The condemned turns to flee, but Frelock plugs a few rounds into his back.

He drops to the ground, twitching. After a few moments he lies still, and his body begins to change. He goes from being a flawless looking human to a horrible doppelganger. You suspect, given his skill at acting perfectly human, that he was the Doppelganger Leader.

Sorry, I meant to get this up yesterday. Night 6 is up, send in your actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 7 will decide everything
« Reply #723 on: September 21, 2009, 12:18:28 pm »

Town

Only three of you left today. Frelock is missing, and you glumly head over to his house. There you find his head mounted on the top of some strange robot on his front steps. Gruesome. Looks like he was a Mad Scientist like he'd claimed, though.

You exchange glances as you head back to the courthouse. This ends today, one way or another.

Surviving players:

A_Fey_Dwarf
JanusTwoFace
Rysith

Ok, game ends once all votes are in!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #724 on: September 21, 2009, 12:37:20 pm »

I'm kind of curious why Frelock was killed.

Anyways, vote A_Fey_Dwarf.

Rysith! Please come and vote!  If we end up losing because of a tie-no-lynch, I will be sad.

(Or, alternatively, A_Fey_Dwarf can not vote.  That would work too.)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 21, 2009, 10:31:55 pm »

Vote A_Fey_Dwarf.

And I think you can give me a bit longer than 15 minutes to come and post in the thread before we're in danger of no-lynching  ;)
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #726 on: September 21, 2009, 10:39:59 pm »

Agreed.  Just wanted to make sure...

;D

Vote for ending the day / game.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 21, 2009, 11:52:17 pm »

The votes are cast and Rysith picks up the pistol. A_Fey_Dwarf looks up and gives you a mute look. As the pistol blast rings out and the condemned falls backwards Rysith feels a sinking feeling in his stomach.
Have I made a mistake? Have I just doomed myself?

But A_Fey_Dwarf's body shifts and changed, and after a bit you see a doppelganger lying on the floor. Rysith and Janus exchange relieved glances and head off for home.

The next day, however, JanusTwoFace discovers that Rysith is missing. Worriedly, he heads over to his house. Much to his sorrow, Rysith is found dead in his bathtub. Apparently his radio fell in during his bath and electrocuted him.

Walking outside, JanusTwoFace looks over the deserted town. He's alive, but at what cost?

Well, I don't think we've ever had a victory quite this close. Good game everyone, I had a blast watching it!
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over
« Reply #728 on: September 22, 2009, 12:03:50 am »

Whoo, we/I won...
I think?

You know, when I started the game as a Medium, I didn't realize that the role would be necessary to communicate with anyone by the end.

;D

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 22, 2009, 12:06:55 am »

Well, it's not QUITE as bad as it would seem. I'm not dead, after all. Neither is... whoever I grabbed, I can't remember, it's been so long.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #730 on: September 22, 2009, 12:25:23 am »

I think we did alright this round (as dopps I mean) we just got hit with some unlucky breaks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 22, 2009, 12:33:01 am »

This may be hard to say, but I think Org is the largest contributor to the town's victory, what with him putting the dopps to such a bad start. Webadict was determined to nail me, but I had Toony convinced of my towniness, and I was MORE than confident I could defeat any argument Webby would put up. The risky day 1 start was about to pay off huge until Org threw a wrench into my plan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 22, 2009, 01:43:08 am »

This may be hard to say, but I think Org is the largest contributor to the town's victory, what with him putting the dopps to such a bad start. Webadict was determined to nail me, but I had Toony convinced of my towniness, and I was MORE than confident I could defeat any argument Webby would put up. The risky day 1 start was about to pay off huge until Org threw a wrench into my plan.
Go Team Webadict!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 22, 2009, 01:59:41 am »

Oh, yeah, sure. Ignore the exterminator. Typical.
I was ONE LYNCH away from victory, people!
If I had hit redwarrior (or some else entirely), or you folks had fallen for the whole 'oh you need me to win' lark, I would* be dancing around in your guts right now!

*almost certainly
Long Live United Forenia!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 22, 2009, 02:02:37 am »

Grrr! You....!

I have to say, I felt so embarrassed when you gleaned the identity of another dopp from the PM I gave Toony, which was supposed to be part of a very elaborate bus that I was planning.

When I found out you did, I was like "AGH! Why didn't I think of that?! I was so careless!".

And nobody ever falls for that malarky Nuke, you should have blamed you misreading your PM or not understanding the rules or just made up a better lie, cause... geez.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 52