Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67475 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2009, 03:04:16 pm »

If I had voted for panda straight out, I would have been accused as being scummy for bandwagoning/ adding needless votes to a person who's obviously going to be lynched.  If I had refrained from voting, I would have been scummy for that too.

And switchers are only scum if Toony comes up town  ;).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2009, 03:14:59 pm »

If I had voted for panda straight out, I would have been accused as being scummy for bandwagoning/ adding needless votes to a person who's obviously going to be lynched.  If I had refrained from voting, I would have been scummy for that too.

And switchers are only scum if Toony comes up town  ;).
Only scum worries about that... And since you were the Mad Scientist, nobody would've cared. I think you might actually be a Dopp Mad Scientist that used your Assassin Bot to "prove" yourself by killing chaoticjosh, as well as cause a Town lynch instead of a Dopp lynch, so that a townie dies instead, so that there are two town deaths today instead of only 1, since you knew that chaoticjosh was going.

The only flaw is that I suppose you could've killed a townie with it instead. But, that means you couldn't prove yourself, since if you were found to be a Mad Scientist, you would've been blamed for sure. So, I'm just throwing that out there, because it makes sense in a sort of way.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2009, 03:17:27 pm »

Potentially true, but rereading your behavior in Beginner's Mafia (all I have to go on) you were much calmer and more reasoned in your posts, even when under suspicion. Of course, you died N1, but we're still D1 here. I'm not going to be able to post again before the day ends, and I don't suspect anyone else enough to vote for them instead.

When free beer (scum) attacked me with that wall of text I reacted the same way I did to web. Provided we are both alive on day two, i'd like to know what you find unreasonable (or less reasonable then before) about what i've posted.

Now, webadicts push to lynch pandar combined with NUKE's insight into webs playing style has changed up my suspicions a bit. I still believe pandar is scum, and if he is then my suspicions of web will be shortened to a "maybe it was just a misunderstanding".

Xegeth, after Pandars wall of text you took his side and voted Toony, then after Webs wall of text you took his side and voted Pandar. I'd really like to give more reasons and do some analysis of yourself rather then changing your vote whenever you see an arguement you like.

By the way, where did Frelock claim Mad scientist?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2009, 03:30:08 pm »

Here:
Since I've done my part, and people are still very suspicious of me, I'm claiming.  I am the mad scientist who killed Josh. 

However, I happen to have the perfect compliment to Org's role, and thus will Unvote Webadict and Vote for a day extension.

Notice how I voted for a day extension before the kill (it was at that time that I sent meph the PM), and how I had the "perfect complement to Org's role."  What would be the perfect complement to a disciple of truth, who finds out someone's role during the day?  Why, a day-killer to take out the scum that is found, of course.  Why did I kill josh, who obviously was going to be lynched?  To allow the town to get a "free day" as it were, to hopefully lynch another scum before they even get a chance to kill.  It also confirms or defeats some suspicions that the town had during the previous "day."  For example, we now know that forsaken was "defending" scum, and that Org correctly identified scum.

In light of recent events, however, I'm somewhat split between Bloodbeard and Forsaken.  Webadict is just acting as he always does.

In my book, Frelock gained some points on the trust scale by killing CJ and claiming to it.  I'm not sure that it makes as much sense if both Frelock and CJ were scum.  It's a risky move at best.  Same kind of thinking with Org.  If either is telling the truth, then they are both Townies now.  Both DoT and MS have only one shot abilities.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what to think about his voting Toony just to bring the votes closer to being tied.  While all well and good in theory, I just don't think that would have / will work to bring scum out of the woodwork to save their scum buddy.  They'd be losing (at least) two scum instead of just one.

So I think that Frelock and Toony (and Org for that matter, although he's wondered off again (probably to school)) are both a bit more likely to be town then average.  For now...

Actually Org, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter when you get back.  Do you agree with me about Frelock / Toony or do you disagree?  And why / why not?  Also, who do you think is scummy.  You hit CJ head on, so you're lucky at the very least.

To everyone that is lurking... Stop lurking!  We only have 3.5 hours until today's lynch and then days after that.  Chime in, what do you think?  (Oh, and I have a list, don't make me come over there and hunt you down! ;D)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »

At the moment, I believe that at least one of forsaken, ToonyMan and Pandarsenic is scum but I've not really got any ideas about which of them it is at the moment. I changed my vote from forsaken because it seemed a bit pointless voting for him when most of the votes were on ToonyMan and Pandarsenic, because it gives the mafia a bit more control over which of them gets lynched, but I probably didn't put enough thought into my vote for ToonyMan. The fact that he has claimed Psychic Warden does make him more useful though, so that's why I changed my vote. I just haven't noticed anything useful that hasn't already been pointed out but I'll hopefully be able to do more useful analysis once we have the information from the lynch.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2009, 03:33:26 pm »

Hey everyone again. Im not sure of anyone but Toony might be one to look at.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2009, 03:45:50 pm »

To answer JanusTwoFace's question: Yes, anyone who is role-blocked is told about it, regardless of whether or not they have a role that can be blocked.

Also, a rules note because this is kind of new and I don't want people to get too confused about it:

The Heroic Guard, Observant Guard, and Vengeful Guard are all Bodyguard Variants. There can only be two bodyguards per side, regardless of type. The Guardian is the 'Doc' role that doesn't die when protecting someone, and can also have 2 per side.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2009, 04:14:57 pm »

Redwarrior, why would the scum kill you, please? You haven't done anything.

Nothing in the thread, of course. Two roleclaims by PM, and I might as well claim publicly. I am a Heroic Guard. My thoughts in the first claim, to Toony, were:

- If he's not dopp, they try to kill him for his possibly useful roleclaim (as I am fairly new to mafia, I might have overestimated it), but I prevent it.
- If he's any kind of scum, he knows for certain one potentially valuable role, and kills me.
Aye, you'll be safe now.

Anywho, it's not ToonyMan. He's clearly town and that whole exchange... Do you really think that ToonyMan and chaoticjosh would do that? Honestly, if chaoticjosh was going to argue with someone, he'd choose... NUKE or an equivalent townie because he COULD argue with him. No, I really doubt it.

You guys do realize that you're killing the Warden, a very useful town tool, right? All of you notice that? Becuase I think you guys are lynching ToonyMan for the fun of it. I'm 93% sure he's not scum.

If you guys want to lynch someone, lynch Bloodbeard or even forsaken, but I'd much rather have ToonyMan alive than dead, especially since he's a power role.

I'll vote Pandarsenic, because I'm not going to let ToonyMan die. Maybe you guys are not getting it.

Fine, if that's how it's going to be.

I'm also a Psychic Warden. -.- That means if we can get a third warden claim, I'll be sure Toony is scum.

Really, guys? What are you even doing? Web says, NINETY THREE PERCENT AND A PSYCHIC WARDEN and suddenly I have 6 votes on me.

FoS Webadict.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2009, 04:16:32 pm »

Hey everyone again. Im not sure of anyone but Toony might be one to look at.

Yes please, can someone inspect me if I live today?  I can role-block anybody, I can prove it.  I'll just need protection too probably.   :P

FAKE-EDIT:

Redwarrior, why would the scum kill you, please? You haven't done anything.

Nothing in the thread, of course. Two roleclaims by PM, and I might as well claim publicly. I am a Heroic Guard. My thoughts in the first claim, to Toony, were:

- If he's not dopp, they try to kill him for his possibly useful roleclaim (as I am fairly new to mafia, I might have overestimated it), but I prevent it.
- If he's any kind of scum, he knows for certain one potentially valuable role, and kills me.
Aye, you'll be safe now.

Anywho, it's not ToonyMan. He's clearly town and that whole exchange... Do you really think that ToonyMan and chaoticjosh would do that? Honestly, if chaoticjosh was going to argue with someone, he'd choose... NUKE or an equivalent townie because he COULD argue with him. No, I really doubt it.

You guys do realize that you're killing the Warden, a very useful town tool, right? All of you notice that? Becuase I think you guys are lynching ToonyMan for the fun of it. I'm 93% sure he's not scum.

If you guys want to lynch someone, lynch Bloodbeard or even forsaken, but I'd much rather have ToonyMan alive than dead, especially since he's a power role.

I'll vote Pandarsenic, because I'm not going to let ToonyMan die. Maybe you guys are not getting it.

Fine, if that's how it's going to be.

I'm also a Psychic Warden. -.- That means if we can get a third warden claim, I'll be sure Toony is scum.

Really, guys? What are you even doing? Web says, NINETY THREE PERCENT AND A PSYCHIC WARDEN and suddenly I have 6 votes on me.

FoS Webadict.

=-O  You liar.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:10 pm »

Funny thought.

Meph, what would happen if Toony and I roleblocked each other?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 27, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »

Hmmm...I guess I've never had a situation where two role-blockers got involved. So, new ruling:

If two role-blockers block each other, both role-blocks get canceled out. So, nothing much happens. Flavor-wise, you'd probably have a neat psychic battle between the two and both would go to bed with headaches or something.

If a role-blocker blocks another role-blocker who is targeting someone else, then the block of a Role-blocker happens instead of the block of a non-role-blocker.

Example: Player A (Warden) role-blocks Player B (Warden) who role-blocks Player C (Telepath). Player B is blocked, Player C is not.

Does that make sense to people? Basically, I'm going to resolve all role-blocks of role-blockers before looking to see what other players might be blocked.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 27, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »

Makes sense to me!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 27, 2009, 04:39:50 pm »

Web, town worries about appearing town too; nobody wants to be lynched.  Of course, if you insist on my lynching I don't mind as you'd only be lynching a townie rather than a power role (as I've used my ability for the game), though it would allow the dopps to live another day.

As to Panda's claim, it's quite possible that we have 2 town PW's.  However, it's also possible that Panda is scum, and also a psychic warden, attempting to throw us off with his role claim, as the lynch of Toony was thrown off (somewhat).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 27, 2009, 04:52:07 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Rysith
Pandarsenic: A_Fey_Dwarf, BloodBeard, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, webadict, Xegeth
ToonyMan: Cheeetar, forsaken1111, Frelock, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic
webadict: Vector

Day ends in ~2 hours
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 27, 2009, 05:01:53 pm »

Does nobody else understand how stupid the town is being? I'm pretty damn sure the Doppelgangers are guiding their votes such that I'll be butchered by a small margin.

Honestly, people. I haven't seen any actual arguments that I'm being scum, no citations of posts, just everyone following webadict blindly. There is no excuse for you letting the Doppelgangers get away with this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52