Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67475 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2009, 02:25:06 am »

I still say Forsaken needs to die.

If you aren't accusing me of anything, why did you post this? I'd like to know exactly what I did to deserve such blatant hostility.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2009, 02:32:41 am »

If you aren't accusing me of anything, why did you post this? I'd like to know exactly what I did to deserve such blatant hostility.

I was far more certain earlier than I am now. If my top suspects (Josh [confirmed], Toony, and BloodBeard) are all scum, that means there's one left; if you're the 4th scum, that means every scum is an active poster and I sincerely doubt the scumteam wouldn't have at least one member trying to lay relatively low, posting enough to be noticed but not enough to be seen.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2009, 02:39:35 am »

Alright, I agree with your list there as its pretty close to my own list of suspects. Toony is hard to get a read on, if he is scum then the whole exchange between him and CJ was beautifully done I must say. I still don't know what to think about you and blood, but I'm fairly sure ONE of you is scum. Just not sure which. I also am far less certain than I was before, and for now I will actually Unvote you and await further development. Sorry for my suspicions, a lot of accusations were flying around and I DO NOT want to see us lynch a townie by mistake. We're 1 ahead for now with that dopp day kill, lets maintain this advantage.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2009, 02:41:43 am »

I was far more certain earlier than I am now. If my top suspects (Josh [confirmed], Toony, and BloodBeard) are all scum, that means there's one left; if you're the 4th scum, that means every scum is an active poster and I sincerely doubt the scumteam wouldn't have at least one member trying to lay relatively low, posting enough to be noticed but not enough to be seen.

Aren't there five doppelgangers? They could still have one laying low even if all of your suspects were correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2009, 02:47:50 am »

Wait, are there 5?

Hmmm. That changes things a little, but not much. Regardless of number of Doppelgangers, I'll decide what I think of people when Toony's out because I'm pretty much certain he's scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2009, 02:49:11 am »

Wait, are there 5?

Hmmm. That changes things a little, but not much. Regardless of number of Doppelgangers, I'll decide what I think of people when Toony's out because I'm pretty much certain he's scum.

What has you convinced about Toony, aside from his crazy. I ask because I have my own suspicions and I could be convinced, I'm just unsure as yet.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2009, 03:48:31 am »

Sir Josh is scum.  WE MUST LYNCH HIM.

Day 1, Scum either refuses to vote for each other ever (nublets) or throws a vote or two at each other before trying to push a townie death (non-nublets). I can definitely believe Toony knows enough to do that. Mr.Person agreed, stating that if Toony was scum Josh probably was too.

Then, these posts:
It's a 29.4% chance he's a dopp!  I can't really calculate aliens though, they're not always the same.
Let's cut all the talky talk and just run with math this round.
Quote from: forsaken1111 link=topic=40671.msg724470#msg724470
But you're right. I'll Unvote for now and await the facts. Its a bit premature to vote for anyone.

So, maybe I'm a bit confused here, but is the first day largely spent waiting for night information in Paranormal?  It seems to me that this is the random voting phase, so it is not premature to vote for anyone.

Someone more experienced, please enlighten me.

I suppose it depends on each person's individual preference. I prefer to watch for suspicious behavior rather than vote randomly, but others (as you've seen) enjoy laying votes about with no rhyme or reason.

The reason is probability!

Led to this:
ToonyMan for pretending his statistics mean anything....

Then:
ToonyMan's How To Find  Scum Guide:

Mr.Person - NOT SCUM
ToonyMan - NOT SCUM
webadict - NO FREAKIN' CLUE
JanusTwoFace - POSTS INFO, COULD BE EITHER
BloodBeard - SCUM IF WEBADICT IS TOWN
Sir Josh - SCUM
RedWarrior0 - PROBABLY NOT SCUM, COULD BE
Xegeth - QUESTIONS
Cheeetar - DON'T KNOW YET
Pandarsenic - NOT SCUM/WELL.....ALIEN PROBABLY
Frelock - HMMM, CAN'T FIND POSTS SORRY
Kashyyk - QUIET AS EVER
NUKE9.13 - NO FREAKIN' CLUE
Org - PROBABLY SCUM
Vector - QUESTIONS!
Rysith - TOUGH COOKIE
A_Fey_Dwarf - CURSE YOU WEBADICT
forsaken1111 - SCUM

Ah, I love screwing with the dopps and seeing how they react.

Josh was confirmed scum, and forsaken, I still find you unusually suspicious. BloodBeard is listed as "Scum if webadict is town," implying if we were to trust him we could determine the alignment of BB by wiping out a potentially awesomesauce town asset.

It seems like a stretch, and I don't find it likely, but it's POSSIBLE that the team is Toony, Josh, BloodBeard, Org, Forsaken1111 - after all, if we lynch Toony, he wouldn't name all 4 of his partners day 1 would he? Exactly. Toony loves Refuge In Audacity. I could believe they orchestrated their enormous argument.

Another possibility is that Toony is non-Dopp scum - the exterminator. It is, then, in his interest to kill Dopps, but he doesn't have to watch particularly closely for townies, the Dopps would be against him (possibly thinking him to be a townie), and he would be giving his scum tells.

Supporting my current theory, the two-dopp, is this post:
Additional suspicion
The first time, that pyramid was jokingly suspicious.  But it does make me a little suspicious of ToonyMan and RedWarrior0.  They've voted each other back and forth a bit much for my tastes.

Well, um, I never voted RedWarrior0.  I think you might of mixed me up.   :P

FAKE EDIT:

@ToonyMan / @chaoticjosh
Unvote.  My interrogation with Sir Josh is done.
That's kind of abrupt.  Care to explain?

Now, I want to know how Cheeetar thinks about our argument.

I'm pretty sure Chaotic is scum, actually. He overreacted way too much, and tried to divert suspicion to me (which seems to have worked?). I'm going to vote for ChaoticJosh, because I don't think this is just one big misunderstanding.

I was expecting that to happen....don't vote Sir Josh this day.  I'm pretty damn sure he is Town now.

Toony realizes he's done too well and tries to back off.

Fine.  I have a proposal.  Lynch me instead of Sir Josh.  When I come up Town, Sir Josh will be CLEARED.  Someone protect him over the night of course.  Mmmkay?

Toony realizes his role is less important than Josh-the-Guardian's and tries to take the hit.

Heh.  This is weird.  So I must base all my knowledge on random.org!  HHAH.

I'M TOONY AND I'M SILLY. He was at the point where he couldn't save Josh and didn't know what to do; Josh is almost certainly about to be lynched, regardless.

I think that's about it. Toony's activity has tapered off since, concluding in his "go ahead and lynch me" message.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2009, 03:58:39 am »

I'm going to unvote and change my vote to ToonyMan. I still believe that forsaken is a doppelganger but Pandarsenic's analysis has convinced me about how much more suspicious ToonyMan is.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2009, 04:27:21 am »

Excellent analysis Pandar, I agree with your logic and will vote Toonyman as well. You still have not said why you suspect me, in fact noone has provided a good reason for suspecting me, but that isn't terribly important right now as we all seem to suspect each other regardless. Let's see how this goes, and whichever way Toony flips will tell us a lot.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 27, 2009, 04:32:27 am »

Wait wait wait.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is the situation.

Now then. Panda's latest post is interesting indeed. Infact, I think that for now I shall vote ToonyMan until something better comes up.

Webadict... well, I dunno. As I mentioned, Webadict tends not to tell why regardless, or at least not in a way that mortals can understand, so the fact that the precise reason for calling bloodbeard scum is (in my eyes) not quite clear is no reason not to believe him. One thing though, you say you were 'pushing for josh's lynch', but I see only two posts of an accusatory nature against josh before org claimed. Not exactly pushing, in my mind.

Bloodbeard could quite certainly be scum. Or he could be what he claims, a newish player who is scared of the relentless scum accusations. If we had no better targets, I would probably lynch him. If there was me, webadict, and bloodbeard, I would lynch bloodbeard. But as it stands, I don't know. To be fair, if it was me that webadict was -seemingly without reason- calling scum again and again, I might be a little flustered.

Redwarrior, why would the scum kill you, please? You haven't done anything.

Panda, if you were scum, and knew that both webadict and bloodbeard were town, who would you side with?

Forsaken, based on this
What has you convinced about Toony, aside from his crazy. I ask because I have my own suspicions and I could be convinced, I'm just unsure as yet.
Is just a guy who likes defending people, I guess.

PREPOST EDIT: When I started writing this panda's post was the latest post. Apparent bandwagoning is accidental.
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #370 on: August 27, 2009, 04:36:23 am »

Forsaken, based on this
Is just a guy who likes defending people, I guess.

Just a guy who likes to work out all of the alternatives rather than jumping to any conclusion prematurely. I like to hear what others think. I'm not sure how you interpret the post you quoted as defense though. In fact I haven't defended anyone as far as I can tell, aside from myself, whereas toony out and out said "Josh is town!" etc repeatedly. THAT is defense. :)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2009, 04:51:12 am »

Woah, first post in a while... Haven't checked this board since two day's ago and over 250 replies in that space of time.... Just finished reading the 250 replies and while I agree on Forsaken being suspicious. I do not agree with you webadict or you pandarsenic that Bloodbeard and Toonyman are scum. The way in which Toonyman baited josh and then changed his mind on the reveal, seemed very real. And no offense toonyman, I don't see you pulling it off as scum.
Even if Toonyman were to attempt something like that. What reason would he have? All it does is draw attention to himself and josh, him or his scumbuddy will likely be the target of investigationings as we saw. And eventually the end result is a fail. Very risky.

The whole thing with org investigating chaoticjosh made it very obvious he was scum. Org of all people, would not fake claim as disciple of truth to target a townie who already has a vote bandwagon against him. Saying someone is scum via inspection with the end result of them being lynched as not scum, will quickly get you lynched. It would be fruitless for scum to do that.
Thus FoSing all those who tried to defend CJ and were suspicious of Org.
Unvote
Right, interesting turn of events.

I have to say I'm actually suspicious of Org and ToonyMan more than CJ, but for some reason I have always liked Josh, so I dunno...

Anyway, does anyone have one of those 'If you were [role] who would you [action] and why?' for me?
FoS: Kashyyk
I'm not trying to be a 'voice of reason' nor am I accusing you or anyone else. My entire point is that this situation is more complex than it seems. You, for example, have reacted suspiciously several times and seem to constantly deflect to others any time someone hints that you may be accused, even if they don't actually accuse you of anything.

As for FoS due to my not voting CJ, that doesn't even make sense. It's hardly a foregone conclusion because a few people have decided to trust Org. Are you saying we should blindly follow any roleclaim that pops up? If Org is to be trusted then CJ's on roleclaim to toony was false, and that by itself makes me suspect the entire mess.

Either way, CJ may be guilty and he may not. I'm not ready to weigh in against him, but I have not decided he is town. I'm not sure I really understand your second post, as I'm in no danger of being lynched currently so what would be my motivation?
FoS: Foresaken1111

Now to move on with the scum hunt. At this point there must be a scum in the mix of all these accusations. With the main finger pointers being Pandarsenic, Webadict, Foresaken1111, Bloodbeard and toonyman. As I said before I don't believe it is Toonyman.
My current position on Webadict and Bloodbeard stands as both are townies and are going at each others throats while the scum stand back and watch. Bloodbeards newness to the game seems to fit his playing style, and I feel we are too eager to jump on him. Webadict has an inflated ego, just because he was successful in picking chaoticjosh as scum and his previous lucky choices in previous games. I don't understand webadict's choice this time, it is almost as if he picked someone random, gunned for them to get lynched. If he were lucky and picked scum, he would gain even more scum picking kudos and everyone would continue to fawn over him as the scum-huntmaster. If he choose wrong, oh well, sometimes mistakes are made, webadict is still an awesome huntress.
This being said, although I don't like webadicts play still I don't think he is scum. He is just a glory hunter. Pandarsenic and forsaken however, I do think are scum. Pandarsenic went after forsaken after the lynch of CJ and what it revealed. This was a preemptive strike at him, so that if a bandwagon would form, nobody would consider him busing. However when a bandwagon never formed, (I don't know why, forsaken deserved a bandwagon for how he defending CJ), pandarsenic backed off his scum buddy. Saying this:

Also adding to the scummyness is the halfhearted argument between pandarsenic and foresaken1111. They are attacking each other, but attacking without any real argument.

Therefore I am going to vote Pandarsenic, and tomorrow if I am right we can take out forsaken1111.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2009, 05:07:01 am »

Lurking for 250 replies without even an explanation? Someone trying to avoid notice there?

I don't see how the first post of mine you quoted is suspicious. I say very clearly that I am unsure what Josh is, but that he could be either scum or town. I wasn't defending him or siding with him. Certainly it's obvious now that he was Scum, but at the time we didn't know. You're right that a fake roleclaim would have been suicide on Org's part, but I did explain why I was unsure about Org's roleclaim just a few posts above that. If Org had faked the roleclaim and gotten a town guardian lynched, dopps could have killed without fearing a guardian and Org would have been killed the next day. If he had a role like witch he'd have taken yet another townie down with him.

In that case the dopps would have lost 1 of theirs for 3 townies.

In any case, it was just a scenario and I was saying that I hadn't made up my mind. I didn't defend him and I'm glad he was taken out. The argument between myself and pandar was halfhearted because he never had a good case against me in the first place. I still don't really know what started him on that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2009, 05:40:06 am »

When I die, just make sure to lynch Forsaken1111 and Cheeetar.  Simple.   ;D

Because what I've been doing is 100% Town.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2009, 09:27:38 am »

That's the kind of thing that i'm talking about Rysith. I'm a very calculated person and alot of the time I like to overexplain things. I post more frequently when i'm excited because i'm very sure of what i'm saying. I'm not asking you to believe me, but it's these kinds of things that i'm talking about.

Potentially true, but rereading your behavior in Beginner's Mafia (all I have to go on) you were much calmer and more reasoned in your posts, even when under suspicion. Of course, you died N1, but we're still D1 here. I'm not going to be able to post again before the day ends, and I don't suspect anyone else enough to vote for them instead.

I will, however, say that if Bloodbeard is lynched, and does flip town, Pandarsenic suddenly becomes extremely scummy-looking in my eyes, for his pushing of Bloodbeard as scum. Webadict as well, though I think to a lesser degree.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52