Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67471 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »

It doesn't seem like anyone is convinced enough to vote webadict right now, so rather then waste my time and contribute to this huge tie i'm unvoting and voting for my 2nd choice for scum, Pandar. In addition to my belief that web was trying to inavertingly protect him, his vague posts such as:

He's trying to make me look like BloodBeard did when he refused to answer webadict's questions, making vague non-accusations against me, possibly hoping to draw me out into an argument so he can say I got defensive over nothing or some such bullshit.

Honestly, I don't know what he's pulling, but I think I have the right to know what I'm accused of and be given a chance to respond to it properly, but if he's going to post nonsense about his daily schedule or whatever instead of giving me something to work with, I'm going to lose patience.

And this half-assed plan that holds no logic:
I still say Forsaken needs to die.

BloodBeard, that's a scummy thing to say, honestly. If it makes you feel better, how about if we lynch you, and if you come up townie, Toony will block webface (if he's really a town Warden)?

Seem too suspicious to me. It's my understanding that Pandar is an experienced player and you'd think he would be able to see the failed logic of his plan.

I'd prefer to wait untill day 2 to deal with Toony. If he is what he says he is then surely he will be a target for scum. If we lynch him and he is what he says he is then they'll have no choice but to kill an unidentified townie (or org, which wouldn't be much of a loss since he used his ability). I'd suggest that someone investigate him but there's the possibility that he'll be night killed and the investigation be wasted. We could always hope that there is a human guardian or something to protect him.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:02 pm »

Otherwise, Forsaken1111's actions regarding chaoticjosh, as well as BloodBeard's and ToonyMan's will continue to guide my votes.

And what actions were those? I pointed out that he may be dopp or town, and discussed the ramification of each possibility. I did not claim that he was one or the other, and in the end I sided with the majority and voted in. You will now likely say "Oh you only voted because he was already being lynched! He must be scum!" but had I not voted you'd be saying "Oh but he didn't vote! He must be scum!"

Pandar, every post you make seems to be deflecting attention to me or blood or toony and you continue to act suspiciously.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:36 pm »

Stating that he's going to stand back and not be involved just adds to that.

That was me correcting a grammar error in my previous post. Hence the *

:D

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2009, 11:26:09 pm »

I've got something to say about the reasons for people suspecting me and I hope that you don't take this as scummy behaviour because i'm serious. Many people have been voting me and suspecting me purely on my style of playing the game. You got to remember that i'm pretty new at this and the amount of game-time i've played (minus the para 8 fiasco after the watcher claim) hasn't really given people a good idea on what is "normal" for me (this is, if you believe me). This applies to all new players and it's pretty illogical to base suspicions on people like me based on feelings rather then facts. I'd like to ask those who have voted for me/might vote for me and take a second to think about whether you're voting for me because of what I say or how/how much I say it. I rather not be lynched, of course, but if I am I'd rather that it's because of something I said. At least untill you get to know my style of play more.

Yes, Rysith's post made me post this. I feel that it's unfair for him to make a judgement like that without (admittingly) being able to pick out a suspicious post of mine considering that he doesn't know what is normal behaviour for me. I've been having bad experiences so far in my mafia games and I'd really not like these kind of conclusions to give me another one.

I just wanted to say this before we get too far into the game.

(i'd also like to say that I would accept this post as a reason for people suspecting me. At least it would be based on a specific thing then feelings.)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:16 am »

Okay, BloodBeard, Toony, and Forsaken.

What is suspicious about me other than that I'm suspicious of you, honestly?

Forsaken: Josh was obvscum and you defended him

My plan:
Mr.Person, it's a fine idea because I'm certain BloodBeard is going to flip Doppelganger, making it irrelevant.

Toony:
OK, you guys can lynch me to prove a point!  Just makes my words stronger.
Scummy words.

BloodBeard, I still think you're scum, but since I'm going based on your playstyle (which I haven't seen much of at all) I'll keep my vote on Toony and give you another day to perhaps prove yourself.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2009, 12:15:31 am »

What's suspicious about you is your deflection, time and again, every time you post.

You say you suspect me because I defended CJ when he was obviously scum. I saw no such obviousness, so in effect you're saying that I am suspect because my opinion differed from yours. As for my defense of hime, show me where that happened... any post where I came out and said "CJ is not scum and I stand by him".

I discussed the possible ramifications of him being scum or not, and I remarked on how everyone fell neatly in line with Org even though his roleclaim could have been a lie or deception. Forgive me for thinking for myself, rather than blindly following the majority.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2009, 12:17:57 am »

I think we should look into Vector some more as he has been very quiet lately.

I'm really sorry about that, but things have been kind of crazy.  This is the first day of some extremely difficult classes for me, and I've been plowing through a textbook for most of the afternoon (the rest of it was spent trying to buy the textbook).

I'm going to try to post some more, but right now the main thing on my mind is my courses.  So, with luck, I'll be able to say something tomorrow morning.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2009, 12:22:48 am »

I've got something to say about the reasons for people suspecting me and I hope that you don't take this as scummy behaviour because i'm serious. Many people have been voting me and suspecting me purely on my style of playing the game.
[snip]
Yes, Rysith's post made me post this. I feel that it's unfair for him to make a judgement like that without (admittingly) being able to pick out a suspicious post of mine considering that he doesn't know what is normal behaviour for me. I've been having bad experiences so far in my mafia games and I'd really not like these kind of conclusions to give me another one.

It's that it's not a specific thing from your posts that I can pull out in a quote that is making me suspect you. It's the tone of the posts themselves. You're posting rapidly and at length, with a lot of extra verbiage and explanation. It seems panicky, and like you feel trapped in a corner. If you were town, you'd be pointing out other people, analyzing, and so on so that even if you were lynched your contributions could be used after your death to help out.

Instead, you're focused on defending yourself, explaining your actions, and mostly arguing against your lynch. Your post voting Pandar was good, I liked that. It gave something that will be useful if you're lynched and flip town. But for the moment, it doesn't counteract the earlier trapped behavior.

Compare it to chaoticjosh's behavior when he was accused by Toony and Org. There wasn't anything in particular that could be drawn out, but he sounded cornered.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2009, 12:24:05 am »

OK, you guys can lynch me to prove a point!  Just makes my words stronger.
This. Suspicious as hell. 'Well if you want to lynch me lynch me, I'm a townie and won't defend myself'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2009, 12:28:08 am »

I think we should look into Vector some more as he has been very quiet lately.

I'm really sorry about that, but things have been kind of crazy.  This is the first day of some extremely difficult classes for me, and I've been plowing through a textbook for most of the afternoon (the rest of it was spent trying to buy the textbook).

I'm going to try to post some more, but right now the main thing on my mind is my courses.  So, with luck, I'll be able to say something tomorrow morning.

Ahh alright, sorry to point fingers but we have to keep people active and we can't afford to let people slide just because they're lurking. Good luck with your classes!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2009, 12:42:42 am »

What's suspicious about you is your deflection, time and again, every time you post.

You say you suspect me because I defended CJ when he was obviously scum. I saw no such obviousness, so in effect you're saying that I am suspect because my opinion differed from yours. As for my defense of hime, show me where that happened... any post where I came out and said "CJ is not scum and I stand by him".

I discussed the possible ramifications of him being scum or not, and I remarked on how everyone fell neatly in line with Org even though his roleclaim could have been a lie or deception. Forgive me for thinking for myself, rather than blindly following the majority.

The deflections: Deflections of what? I've had nothing to deflect because nobody will make a solid accusation against me.

The rest: Fair enough. I'll be watching you, but hell, I'm watching everyone. Speaking of which, there are only a small number of people posting, relatively speaking....

Suffice it to say, though, my vote rests on Toony on account of that last bit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2009, 12:45:06 am »

That's the kind of thing that i'm talking about Rysith. I'm a very calculated person and alot of the time I like to overexplain things. I post more frequently when i'm excited because i'm very sure of what i'm saying. I'm not asking you to believe me, but it's these kinds of things that i'm talking about.

Okay, BloodBeard, Toony, and Forsaken.

What is suspicious about me other than that I'm suspicious of you, honestly?

My basic premise for thinking that you're scum is posted here. Alot of my suspicion is from my believing that Web was inadvertingly protecting you (by going with my accusation that he is trying to tell people what to do and subsequently telling you what to think in an effort to disquise your connection), but the rest is in that post. I as said in a post before I never made an effort to hide that I was interested in why you choose the people that you did and you didn't take notice. Instead you tried to make it look like I was being vague and imply that I was up to no good.

The biggest one so far is that plan of yours to lynch me and have Toony role block Web, which wouldn't do anything but determine my role. You should know that my turning up towny would do nothing to cast suspicions on Web. Given my suspicions that you and web are scum, it would seem that you would say any unreasonable thing to lynch me instead of Web.

These are the reasons why i'm voting you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:53 am »

Sorry for not being clear, by deflection I mean deflection of suspicion. Many of your posts have consistently cast baseless suspicion on myself and others without ever making a solid point. You say that nobody will make a solid accusation against you while you do the same thing to me.

This whole thing is a mess so far, at least we got one dopp down though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2009, 12:49:29 am »

FYI my post above was a reply to Pandar, but bloodbeard posted while I was typing so it looks strange. :P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2009, 02:21:18 am »

Sorry for not being clear, by deflection I mean deflection of suspicion. Many of your posts have consistently cast baseless suspicion on myself and others without ever making a solid point. You say that nobody will make a solid accusation against you while you do the same thing to me.

This whole thing is a mess so far, at least we got one dopp down though.

I'm not accusing you. I'm saying I find you suspicious. The only person I'm presently accusing is Toony, whom I've voted for.

It doesn't seem like anyone is convinced enough to vote webadict right now, so rather then waste my time and contribute to this huge tie i'm unvoting and voting for my 2nd choice for scum, Pandar. In addition to my belief that web was trying to inavertingly protect him, his vague posts such as:

He's trying to make me look like BloodBeard did when he refused to answer webadict's questions, making vague non-accusations against me, possibly hoping to draw me out into an argument so he can say I got defensive over nothing or some such bullshit.

Honestly, I don't know what he's pulling, but I think I have the right to know what I'm accused of and be given a chance to respond to it properly, but if he's going to post nonsense about his daily schedule or whatever instead of giving me something to work with, I'm going to lose patience.

And this half-assed plan that holds no logic:
I still say Forsaken needs to die.

BloodBeard, that's a scummy thing to say, honestly. If it makes you feel better, how about if we lynch you, and if you come up townie, Toony will block webface (if he's really a town Warden)?

Seem too suspicious to me. It's my understanding that Pandar is an experienced player and you'd think he would be able to see the failed logic of his plan.

I'd prefer to wait untill day 2 to deal with Toony. If he is what he says he is then surely he will be a target for scum. If we lynch him and he is what he says he is then they'll have no choice but to kill an unidentified townie (or org, which wouldn't be much of a loss since he used his ability). I'd suggest that someone investigate him but there's the possibility that he'll be night killed and the investigation be wasted. We could always hope that there is a human guardian or something to protect him.

The "plan" was addressed already.

Waiting to hit Toony means if he's a townie, the Dopps can hit someone else and we'll probably lynch him tomorrow instead. Unless we don't. It's huge WIFOM either way.

The post you consider "vague" is mostly a system of antecedent failures. I'm saying that Org's nonaccusations against me were, perhaps, intended to make me look confused (a scumtell) whether I was or was not actually scum. It was clearly an act he intended merely to frustrate me, and webadict likes to jump on players who act confused or simply frustrated (as do I, to some degree; scum deals with more information, plotting, and communication than townies).

Regardless, while I'm a little more suspicious of BloodBeard and Forsaken1111 than I am of the rest of the players, Toony is the only one I have any degree of certainty is scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52