Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67339 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2009, 07:57:41 pm »

Damn it, I misread it again. Scratch what I just said.

The reason I assume you'd give about you voting josh is that he cracked under the pressure and lashed out at Toony. You claim to have voted me for the same reason.

For this to make sense, I would of had to lash out at you. Did I not clearly state in my post that I believe you were mearly trying to gauge my reaction (like you did to vector)? I never called you scum, voted you scum or told people to vote for you, all I wanted was an explanation for your continuing "You're scum!" without giving a reason. My belief was that you were trying to gauge my reaction and by continuing to do so it was making other people blindly follow you and suspect me for no reason.

My vote for you was because of your outlash of defense when I wasn't even accusing you.

^That part is still true.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #331 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:20 pm »

So as of now, BloodBeard, forsaken, Pandar, Toony, and web would all have been multi-lynched.  That is, if multi-lynches were still available.  Not exactly a terribly pleasant idea.

If you don't feel like reading the rest of this post, here is a summary:
- I think BloodBeard is acting scummy
- I think Toony is slightly less likely to be scum than average
- I think that forsaken needs some looking in to.

On the scumminess of BloodBeard
Reading through the past 50 posts or so, I have to say that web looks mildly suspicious and Bloodbeard looks more suspicious.  I'm mainly going off of how BloodBeard has been reacting to webadict, but I will admit that I haven't read enough of BloodBeard's play style to be sure.

Whatever Josh says, when he gets angry the chance of his being scum goes up.  I don't know if BloodBeard is the same.

Also, BloodBeard's series of posts at 5:35, 5:45, and 5:55 (all EST) sound mildly scummy to me.  He posts this crazy long wall of text and then 10 minutes later is expecting web to respond immediately.  And then 10 minutes later, waiting for everyone else to post.  Something about that just doesn't feel quite right.

On the the lesser scumminess of ToonyMan
Yes, it is entirely possible that Toony and Josh cooked up that crazy thing together, but I'm not quite sure I believe that.  It sounds like a great plan, but I'm not sure if Toony and Josh would work together to do that.  Not that they couldn't, just that I think they wouldn't.  So, far now, I think that we can trust Toony just a little bit more than the average person.  (So basically not at all, but a little ;D)

On the potential scumminess of forsaken1111
There have bee some accusations flying around about forsaken's potential scumminess and I think they merit some looking in to.  Again, I don't have a strong read on him yet, but some of his posts about 50 or so ago (a page for me) were a little off.  Just a feeling, but that's still a large part of what we have to go on now.

(OOC: Does anyone know how to get the un-HTML-ified posts out of the server?  Like the quotes, but without all the nastiness of getting them?  I'm looking to script some of my keeping track of things and that would make it much easier.  Yes, I could just look it up myself, but if anyone has already done it, it would save me some time.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 26, 2009, 08:38:52 pm »

And what, dare-say, would be so bad about that? The fact a scum-buddy or two are in that mess? I'd bet my teeth at least one of the people with 2 votes right now is scum, probably either Pandarsenic or Webadict, judging by how they've been attacking people and ignoring everybody else. Then again, nobody else is talking, so moot point, I guess.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #333 on: August 26, 2009, 09:03:20 pm »

That's a lot of people to end up dead over not so very much information.  But really, the worse part about it is (as I understand it), there would be no lynch under the present rules.  I believe we did away with multi-lynches, yes?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 26, 2009, 09:08:40 pm »

That's a lot of people to end up dead over not so very much information.  But really, the worse part about it is (as I understand it), there would be no lynch under the present rules.  I believe we did away with multi-lynches, yes?

Well yes, but stricly speaking, every single player should be happy if all the other players die. After all, that leaves you with a win. Having them all die in one night or 12 doesn't mean anything.

But yes, you're right. There are no more double lynches, meaning we need more people to vote.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #335 on: August 26, 2009, 09:09:46 pm »

On the potential scumminess of forsaken1111
There have bee some accusations flying around about forsaken's potential scumminess and I think they merit some looking in to.  Again, I don't have a strong read on him yet, but some of his posts about 50 or so ago (a page for me) were a little off.  Just a feeling, but that's still a large part of what we have to go on now.

Could you be any more specific? It's hard to defend myself against a vague "Well I don't think he smells right".

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #336 on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »

No hard evidence.  It's mostly just a felling, but here's what I have.  You don't really have to defend yourself to me yet, I'm more suspicious of BloodBeard right now.  But if you want to, go for it.

I'm not trying to be a 'voice of reason' nor am I accusing you or anyone else. My entire point is that this situation is more complex than it seems. You, for example, have reacted suspiciously several times and seem to constantly deflect to others any time someone hints that you may be accused, even if they don't actually accuse you of anything.

As for FoS due to my not voting CJ, that doesn't even make sense. It's hardly a foregone conclusion because a few people have decided to trust Org. Are you saying we should blindly follow any roleclaim that pops up? If Org is to be trusted then CJ's on roleclaim to toony was false, and that by itself makes me suspect the entire mess.

Either way, CJ may be guilty and he may not. I'm not ready to weigh in against him, but I have not decided he is town. I'm not sure I really understand your second post, as I'm in no danger of being lynched currently so what would be my motivation?

Defending Josh seemed like an odd play at this point.  I'm not sayig that he was obviously scum at this point.  That wasn't until he was actually dead, but at this point, we could be pretty sure that either Org or Josh was scum and killing either of them would have revealed information about the other.  Because of how strongly the town outnumbers the scum, we can trad 1/1.  They cannot.  Also, just as I am hesitant to believe that Toony and Josh could pull off working together to this degree, I'm not sure Org and Josh could.

So hell, I may as well vote him. One Unvote and one vote for Josh

At this point, Josh was pretty much going to be lynched, so it was safe enough to vote for him.  You really didn't need to.  On the other hand, people seem a bit twitchy around anyone who doesn't vote for 'known' scum or for that matter anyone who does.  So I guess that's a bit of a damned if you do / damned if you don't.

Mainly, what's weird is the contrast between the two posts.  About an hour apart and you've gone from not being sure if Josh is scum, to 'might as well.'  This just feels like jumping on the lynch wagon to clear the air.

So that's the bulk of what I have against you.

One final point is that you'd said on multiple occasions (before these two posts) that you think that Josh and Org (or it might have been Josh and Toony at that point) were setting us up.  While I think this is perfectly possible, it felt like you were repeating what others had said.  I'd already said something along those lines and I don't think I was the only one.  I guess that this could go scummy or townie, so not really helpful.  Just felt like saying it.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:59 pm »

Also, BloodBeard's series of posts at 5:35, 5:45, and 5:55 (all EST) sound mildly scummy to me.  He posts this crazy long wall of text and then 10 minutes later is expecting web to respond immediately.  And then 10 minutes later, waiting for everyone else to post.  Something about that just doesn't feel quite right.

I can explain this. The one at 5:35 was continuing in the back and forth arguing. At 5:45 I noticed that webadict had logged off and so wouldn't be able to answer the question I repeat in the same post. I'm not sure what you find scummy about the last one though, me and web had taken the spotlight and i'd rather not let people stand by and get involved. Aside from forsaken and org's little OMGUS arguement it had been nearly an hour since there was any discussion. Given what was going on it seemed suspicious that noone had anything to say.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 26, 2009, 09:26:53 pm »

stand by and not get involved*

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #339 on: August 26, 2009, 09:30:12 pm »

Reasonable.  I also get mildly twitchy when there aren't any posts for a decent length of time.  I'm not sure if your explanation is enough to get me to back down but just remember (for the future) that the people on message boards have strange schedules at the best of times.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #340 on: August 26, 2009, 09:33:49 pm »

Ahh, I see your point Janus. I'll explain and hopefully this will alleviate your feeling. The first post you quoted I wasn't exactly defending Josh, I was just voicing the possibility that Org had been lying. It seemed to me, at that point, that people fell in line with Org's post way too easily. I'm naturally suspicious, and while Josh had acted oddly previously so had a lot of other people.

Clearly I was wrong, and as you pointed out it's very likely that had I not voted for him people would have then suspected me. It was a no-win situation really, I just want what's best for town and I wasn't yet convinced that he was indeed a dopp. Had he flipped town I would have been vindicated, but I'm glad you guys were right and I'm glad we can trust Org. One dopp down, now who is next? I'm still highly suspicious of Pandar, and I think we should look into Vector some more as he has been very quiet lately.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 26, 2009, 09:37:19 pm »

And what, dare-say, would be so bad about that? The fact a scum-buddy or two are in that mess? I'd bet my teeth at least one of the people with 2 votes right now is scum, probably either Pandarsenic or Webadict, judging by how they've been attacking people and ignoring everybody else. Then again, nobody else is talking, so moot point, I guess.

Forgive me, I'll stop scumhunting immediately if you so desire.

Otherwise, Forsaken1111's actions regarding chaoticjosh, as well as BloodBeard's and ToonyMan's will continue to guide my votes.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:48 pm »

I'm sure Toony is not a dopp (that argument w/cj would be pure gold or I'm a cow), and I'm almost certain I'll be dead tomorrow morning.

As far as scumhunting goes, that's my weak spot.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #343 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:21 pm »

I'm sure Toony is not a dopp (that argument w/cj would be pure gold or I'm a cow), and I'm almost certain I'll be dead tomorrow morning.

Ummm... Why?

A lot of people seem to say things like that and I can never quite figure out why.  Is there any particular reason that the scum would want to kill you?

For that matter, this seems somewhat scummy to me.  Unless of course I've missed some completely obvious reason you'll end up dead.  If so, please point it out to me (by PM if necessary).

As far as scumhunting goes, that's my weak spot.

Well... Try anyways...  Josh may have been scum, but he had a good point when he was prodding me earlier.  Just throw out your opinions and make people squirm.  If you're town, you shouldn't have anything to hide (unless you have a cool role, but that's besides the point).  So scum hunt away!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 26, 2009, 09:59:09 pm »

Pre-edit: 6 replies while I was catching up from this morning? What the hell.

Bloodbeard smells desperate to me. I can't reach in and pull out a specific post and say "this, right here!", but I'd say that the combination of length and frequency of the posts adds up to smell desperate, which is what scum are when there is mounting suspicion of them. Stating that he's going to stand back and not be involved just adds to that. I'm not sure about the other people up for discussion, but we only get to lynch one a day, and for me Bloodbeard is out in front by far. We'll be able to clear or incriminate the others during the night, and be on much better footing.

Vote Bloodbeard.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 52