Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67385 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2009, 11:33:22 am »

Unvote.

OK, that was cool with the day kill and all.   ;D  I can't believe I actually got a dopp in random.org.  Too bad a screwed up and thought he was Town after my argument with him.

Anyway, if you want to listen to what I have to say.

I am a Psychic Warden and can role-block people during the night.  I told all the dopps so well.   :-[

We should lynch Forsaken1111 today and someone investagte me during the night to prove my towniness.  (of course this makes me look like a dopp leader doesn't it   :P)

FAKE EDIT: 

@NUKE:  That's why I suspect him too.   ;D

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2009, 11:42:08 am »

First:
webadict, you think (from your last list) that the dopps are probably BloodBeard and/or Frelock rather than forsaken1111 (as NUKE and Toony think).  Do you still think this is the case?  Logic behind that thought?

NUKE and Toony, do you think that BloodBeard and/or Frelock are likely too be dopps instead of forsaken or in addition to?

Second:
I think that it's slightly more likely that the day kill was a mad scientist personally.  An exterminator has to kill everyone so (IMO) they would have waited for a strong target that wasn't about to be lynched.  A townie mad scientist, on the other hand, just needs to kill dopps, so this worked out well.  On the other hand, a dopp mad scientist could be setting us all up by killing a 'known' dopp though.  Thoughts?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2009, 11:49:10 am »

NUKE and Toony, do you think that BloodBeard and/or Frelock are likely too be dopps instead of forsaken or in addition to?

The last dopps are:

BloodBeard, Frelock, Cheeetar, and Forsaken1111.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2009, 11:50:57 am »

Yeah. Mad scientist definately. Basically, we got a free lynch today.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2009, 12:46:25 pm »

I am not sure about BloodBeard. I think I see the basis of webadict's suspicion but I don't understand how webadict is so completely sure. The old 'why do you think I am scum' response is usually a good indicator of people who are scum, but not perfect.
Frelock, well, you know frelock, right? He lurks. That's his thing, scum or town. He only really comes out to play later in the game. So I would leave lynching him till later in the game.
But forsaken is scum regardless of whether bloodbeard/frelock are scum.

And yes, I would guess that the death was caused by a human mad scientist. An exterminator would keep their assassin bot till there was someone more threatening to them- a claimed agent or detective, for example. And I see no reason for any of the other aliens to use or even take the assassin bot.
Long Live United Forenia!

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:59 pm »

I'm not even going to speculate on why the scientist used his only assassin bot on a dopp that was going to be lynched for sure, I keep running into WIFOMs thinking about it.

Anyways, I want to talk about me for a little bit ( ;)). I get that noone have put votes on me and that no accusations aside from "he is scum" have been put forward, but I feel that some people have been planting seeds in peoples minds that I'm in league with Josh. What bothers me is that noone has picked up on it nor questioned it (aside from nuke who just did while I was typing this). People seem to be blindly following Web and Panda's baseless accusations. I'm not saying that they're scum, personally I think Web is merely trying to get a reaction out of me (success I guess?) but I would prefer that some actual reasons behind these suspicions are put forward before this turns into a full blown "grab the pitchforks" bandwagon. As of now multiple people have said they suspect that i'm scum and i've been unable to defend myself because no reasons have been given.

GO!

(my vote is undecided at this point)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2009, 01:10:58 pm »

-snip-
Well, I know you've been lurking, but that can't be enough. I too would like to hear the case against you.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:58 pm »

-snip-
Well, I know you've been lurking, but that can't be enough. I too would like to hear the case against you.

I don't want to start anything, but you were away during 6 pages of the most eventful parts of this game. We all have parts of the day where we're just not online.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2009, 01:35:59 pm »

Oh no! My baseless accusations! Woe are those who follow me blindly! I find people and make a reason for it and I find one and look at that, I'm a moron or something. I say what I say because I know what I do.

Bloodbeard. I will make a case against you, Frelock and possibly Mr.Person.

I'm not even going to speculate on why the scientist used his only assassin bot on a dopp that was going to be lynched for sure, I keep running into WIFOMs thinking about it.

Anyways, I want to talk about me for a little bit ( ;)). I get that noone have put votes on me and that no accusations aside from "he is scum" have been put forward, but I feel that some people have been planting seeds in peoples minds that I'm in league with Josh. What bothers me is that noone has picked up on it nor questioned it (aside from nuke who just did while I was typing this). People seem to be blindly following Web and Panda's baseless accusations. I'm not saying that they're scum, personally I think Web is merely trying to get a reaction out of me (success I guess?) but I would prefer that some actual reasons behind these suspicions are put forward before this turns into a full blown "grab the pitchforks" bandwagon. As of now multiple people have said they suspect that i'm scum and i've been unable to defend myself because no reasons have been given.

GO!

(my vote is undecided at this point)
You mean me, right? Why don't you just say that it's all my idea, and save everyone else some crap. Yeah, I'm saying you're scum. Big whoop, right?

Hey everyone. heading off to school soon.
Seriously?
You can't even be bothered to make a random vote?
Org that is a very good way to get yourself lynched. You should know that by now.

Really? Because I wanted people to know I wasnt lurking.

Bloodbeard

How does posting nothing of value make it look like you're not lurking? You random voted in this post later but that still doesn't prove anything. I'll be unvoting you for now simply because I have someone else in mind, but i'll be expecting some kind of defense or analysis from you when you get back.

I'm finding your behaviour to be very suspicious chaoticjosh. Though my experience playing with you has been short, you seem to be overreacting a bit to Toonys posts. He posts his opinions on who he think is scum, you being one of them, and you try to write him off as being random and incoherent. It seems a little odd that Toony is actually participating, but isn't that what everyone wanted him to do?
Let's check this one out. First, you vote for chaoticjosh as soon as the opportunity presents itself, which is a common scumtell. You also unvoted someone who voted you in an OMGUS way, which is a scumtell, and then switched to Josh with no reason whatsoever.

BloodBeard, which of the three bodyguard varients would you most prefer to be (if you had a choice, of course)?

I'll answer that question, but first I want you to answer a question. Do you believe you will be able to draw some kind of information based on what I pick, yes or no? I ask this because I don't see any possible conclusions that can be drawn from which of the three I'd prefer. I'd have no control on which one I'd get as you said and it would be of zero use to the town to know which one i'd prefer, that I can think of. This just seems too much like a safe question.

JUST GOT BACK FROM SCHOOL. JUST HAD SOME LEMONADE AND PRETZELS. STOP VOTING MEH.

Do you want to get banned from mafia games? You're not being funny.

Unvote.  My interrogation with Sir Josh is done.

I would like to hear what Cheeetar has to say about this.

I'm leaning towards the possibility their either you're scum or both you and josh are scum. I'm thinking that this whole row with you and josh was planned and that you went overboard with it. Josh probably scolded you behind the scenes and told you to change directions. There's also the other possibility that would prove disasterous for the town. Only you are scum, and should Josh by lynched and found human you would be off the hook through your "Don't vote for Josh" plan. I think that one of you are scum and based on how you tried to cool things down, I believe you are more likely to be scum. Unvote, vote ToonyMan.
Now, however, ToonyMan and Josh are scum, and no longer is Org a threat at all. I don't see how ToonyMan was even close to wrong in his approach. Honestly, it's crazy, weird, and somehow worked.

Funny though, that you voted for ToonyMan when there was much more scumtells for chaoticjosh, eh? What made ToonyMan so suspicious? That he was actually helping the Town? Or that he was doing something right for once? Or maybe it's that he found scum on accident? Or perhaps the fact that he's ToonyMan?

-snip-

I don't want to start anything, but you were away during 6 pages of the most eventful parts of this game. We all have parts of the day where we're just not online.
The whole game is about starting something. Stop trying to be a bystander that is too cautious to do anything. That's also a scumtell. Being cautious.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2009, 01:40:56 pm »

-snip-

One of several reasons I said it couldn't be enough.

Webadict, not 4 pages ago you were ToonyMan's biggest opponent and now you're defending him? Something is wrong here.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2009, 01:54:43 pm »

Since I've done my part, and people are still very suspicious of me, I'm claiming.  I am the mad scientist who killed Josh. 

However, I happen to have the perfect compliment to Org's role, and thus will Unvote Webadict and Vote for a day extension.

Notice how I voted for a day extension before the kill (it was at that time that I sent meph the PM), and how I had the "perfect complement to Org's role."  What would be the perfect complement to a disciple of truth, who finds out someone's role during the day?  Why, a day-killer to take out the scum that is found, of course.  Why did I kill josh, who obviously was going to be lynched?  To allow the town to get a "free day" as it were, to hopefully lynch another scum before they even get a chance to kill.  It also confirms or defeats some suspicions that the town had during the previous "day."  For example, we now know that forsaken was "defending" scum, and that Org correctly identified scum.

In light of recent events, however, I'm somewhat split between Bloodbeard and Forsaken.  Webadict is just acting as he always does.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2009, 01:59:17 pm »

I don't suspect Frelock as much anymore.  He would be getting himself killed if he was fake-claiming Mad Scientist.  Unless he was drawing the Mad Scientist as a dopp and getting himself killed.   :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2009, 02:02:29 pm »

Makes sense, Frelock. I can't believe I didn't put 2 and 2 together there.

Fine.

-snip-

One of several reasons I said it couldn't be enough.

Webadict, not 4 pages ago you were ToonyMan's biggest opponent and now you're defending him? Something is wrong here.
Uh huh... Did you just make this up? Or is there some sort of proof? Or are you just taking things out of context. I was never ToonyMan's opponent. I was against ToonyMan when he said chaoticjosh wasn't a Dopp. Then I wasn't his opponent and merely chaoticjosh's opponent.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2009, 02:11:59 pm »

I'm going to vote for Forsaken1111. When he was random voting he said:
I suppose it depends on each person's individual preference. I prefer to watch for suspicious behavior rather than vote randomly, but others (as you've seen) enjoy laying votes about with no rhyme or reason.

As far as I can tell, none of his votes have been properly explained. He voted for ToonyMan while saying that people shouldn't pay too much attention to him, he voted for Nuke, saying:
NUKE9.13 you make excellent points, and since we are spreading the votes around there is yours! :)
and his final vote, for chaoticjosh, seemed to only be an attempt to avoid appearing suspicious. His first two votes seem to be the opposite of how he claims he prefers to act.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2009, 02:17:22 pm »

Wow webadict, there's more holes in your arguement then swiss cheese.

Oh no! My baseless accusations!

Bloodbeard, acceptable answers would've been 2 townies, Webadict, or "Hopefully not me."

I'm afraid I have to vote you, Bloodbeard.

Very good arguement, so good that ten thousand people stood up in my defense that your question and conclusion means nothing. I don't recall you arguing their disagreement, unless you call:

I do what I want.

an argument.

Then there's:

I'd have him kill either Bloodbeard or Chaoticjosh because I think one or both are scum, and the EA has to rid themselves of both teams to win.

Bloodbeard was trying to side with ToonyMan, giving him an outward town appearance.

So, FoS Bloodbeard. I'll FoS you some other time Xegeth, because you're not nearly suspicious enough to be special.

So, all the other people who voted for josh, who we were all right in doing, were bandwagoning and defending Toony?

It's chaoticjosh. And Bloodbeard.

Again, no reason given.

Why do you keep suspecting me of being scum Web? You're bringing it up multiple times without giving any reasons why. I'd like an explaination.

If you're lying Org I will kill you. Unvote, vote Chaoticjosh.

Remember guys, this doesn't clear Org. They could have seen that Josh was likely to be lynched and as a way to try and clear him have Org claim Disciple of Truth.
Could but doesn't.

I'm telling everyone right now, I'm pretty sure you're scum.

And again.

The scum speaks the truth. However, the scum wouldn't want us to continuing to scumhunt if he knew that his earlier posts would help to identify his partners. I'll be backlogging to see if I can find any clues.
Shut up scumface.

I'm sensing a pattern.

Josh: You, BloodBeard, Toony.

I find it odd that the three people you choose include the exposed scum and the two people mainly responsible for putting the pressure on Josh and getting people to vote for him. FoS Panda, unless you can give some reasons behind your choices.
Shut up Scumface.

Okay, how about this list:

Chaoticjosh
Bloodbeard
Frelock

Maybe:
Kashyyk

Those top three right there are people I'm almost positive are scum. The maybe isn't completely sure, because I'm iffy on it.

So, AWV, kill Bloodbeard. Warden, block Frelock. Investigate Kashyyk if you feel like it. I don't really care about that right now.

These are all your accusations that i'm scum, pardon me if they look baseless.

You mean me, right? Why don't you just say that it's all my idea, and save everyone else some crap. Yeah, I'm saying you're scum. Big whoop, right?

I believe I did say that you started it. I thought you were just trying to guage my reaction like you did vector (granted, vector turned out to be scum but you didn't know that.), however this sudden outburst of defense against me not even accusing you of being scum has changed my mind.

Let's check this one out. First, you vote for chaoticjosh as soon as the opportunity presents itself, which is a common scumtell. You also unvoted someone who voted you in an OMGUS way, which is a scumtell, and then switched to Josh with no reason whatsoever.

Now this is where your arguement really starts to fall apart. Apparently it's a scumtell for people to vote for people who show sucpicious behaviour. Doesn't anybody else think I was bandwagoning when Josh got all nervous and lashed out at Toony? Since you think I was bandwagoning, why didn't you accuse all the other people who voted for him? Oh that's right, your arguement of "He is scum! Don't question me!".

Toony unvoted suddenly and tried to rally people to not vote for Josh. Just because I happen to pick up on this before anyone else means that my decision to change votes was baseless? You didn't find this sucpicious?

As for the "OMGUS", you seem to be forgetting Josh's behaviour. Do you think it would have been better to persist on someone who wasn't going to reply for hours rather then pressure someone who is obviously cracking under the pressure? Your arguement makes no sense.

The whole game is about starting something. Stop trying to be a bystander that is too cautious to do anything. That's also a scumtell. Being cautious.

Pardon me if I don't believe that lurking is a good judgement of scumminess. There are all sorts of reasons why people might not be online and I want to make it clear that that's my opinion.

With that said, I vote that Webadict is scum. Your desperation and flawed arguement is a clear indication that you have no idea what you're talking about and attempting to rally people against me through your reputation.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52