Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67400 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2009, 01:17:04 am »

No, it's based on logic.  I say Forsaken1111 and ToonyMan get double lynched (we can still do that right let me look it up....can't find it) the next day.  If I'm still alive or if Forsaken1111 is alive then we'll lynch the other.  That is, if the other comes up town.  If one of us dies during the night and comes up scum, well, I guess that's up to everybody else.

I guess that's a sort of logic.

But you say you roleclaimed to Josh. If he comes up scum, he'll likely have told the other scum about your role. If you die during the night, it could be because of what your role is. Claiming that I am scum(which I am not) isn't sufficient. That 'logical' argument could be made against anyone at this point, except maybe Org if he's telling the truth about his role.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2009, 01:17:45 am »

Actually, the odd thing is, if cj comes up town, ToonyMan looks pretty town-like himself. After all, the town cj saw fit to buddy with him, and good players tend to be pretty good about that sort of thing.

That's assuming the whole row wasn't staged by two dopps to make them both look very townish...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2009, 01:20:10 am »

Actually, the odd thing is, if cj comes up town, ToonyMan looks pretty town-like himself. After all, the town cj saw fit to buddy with him, and good players tend to be pretty good about that sort of thing.

That's assuming the whole row wasn't staged by two dopps to make them both look very townish...

FoS on Forsaken for not reading what I typed before trying to attack me. To clarify:

>if cj comes up town

>staged by two dopps

See the problem with what you said?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2009, 01:24:34 am »

FoS on Forsaken for not reading what I typed before trying to attack me. To clarify:

>if cj comes up town

>staged by two dopps

See the problem with what you said?

I didn't attack you, and I suppose I should have clarified what I said. You're correct, if CJ comes up town it could be that Toony is town as well. It could also be that toony is scum and just successfully (with a lie from Org to back it) gotten a townie killed. It's just too neat and tidy for me to believe readily that just when interest was falling off and they seem to have 'made up' someone else implicates josh heavily.

As for what I said, it was actually a separate thought. What if the whole argument etc was a scripted encounter between the two, and Org managed to mess it up by roleclaiming? I'm actually not sure what to believe, but my main point was that whether Josh comes up town or dopp, the situation is not as clear as some of you seem to think.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2009, 01:25:35 am »

If Josh comes up scum, I'll probably be voting for Toony next. The whole argument thing which he called off without any proof seems extremely suspicious, and I don't believe a scum would claim guardian. Of course, if Toony is scum then I don't quite know why Josh overreacted quite so much.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2009, 01:29:59 am »

Well yes, but you see, I kinda threw out the possibility of Org lying. Wanna know why? Think about it. You've just traded one of the dopps (Org) for a town guardian (Chaoticjosh). However, why? There's no reason to do that. Cj was looking really suspicious anyways, why bother with a fake-claim like that? No, I feel very strongly that cj is scum and that Org is telling the truth. You are right, though, in that that tells us nothing about ToonyMan. We'll cross that bridge another day.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2009, 01:43:49 am »

Well yes, but you see, I kinda threw out the possibility of Org lying. Wanna know why? Think about it. You've just traded one of the dopps (Org) for a town guardian (Chaoticjosh). However, why? There's no reason to do that. Cj was looking really suspicious anyways, why bother with a fake-claim like that? No, I feel very strongly that cj is scum and that Org is telling the truth. You are right, though, in that that tells us nothing about ToonyMan. We'll cross that bridge another day.

You make a good point. A guardian can be a powerful role, and could balk the dopps more than once if correctly applied. It's not a wise trade, though we don't know what Org's role is. For example, if Org were a witch/warlock rather than a disciple of truth as he claims, then it would be a decent trade. Convince the town to lynch a town guard, kill someone in the night with no fear of a guardian ruining it, and then virtually guarantee your own lynching the next day which will likely kill one of the townies who voted you, and the dopps can proceed apiece killing each night still without feat of a guardian.

This is what goes through my head, though I don't always articulate or explain myself. Of course it all could be paranoia and suspicion too, and he could be telling the truth. Who knows?

I'm still not ready to jump on the CJ bandwagon.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2009, 02:52:06 am »

Well he is right in one respect. He mentioned your name without saying anything else, or even directly accusing you of being scum, and you immediately deflected attention to someone else. Looks a bit guilty.

I have better things to do than figure out how I'm supposed to react to nonaccusations. Things like scumhunting.

This and your refusal to vote for CJ result in an FoS.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2009, 02:56:55 am »

Unless you know Org led a lynch against a townie, and you're scum trying to look like a "Voice of reason" because he's obviously gonna get lynched.

Meh, we'll deal with WIFOM later.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2009, 03:15:00 am »

I'm not trying to be a 'voice of reason' nor am I accusing you or anyone else. My entire point is that this situation is more complex than it seems. You, for example, have reacted suspiciously several times and seem to constantly deflect to others any time someone hints that you may be accused, even if they don't actually accuse you of anything.

As for FoS due to my not voting CJ, that doesn't even make sense. It's hardly a foregone conclusion because a few people have decided to trust Org. Are you saying we should blindly follow any roleclaim that pops up? If Org is to be trusted then CJ's on roleclaim to toony was false, and that by itself makes me suspect the entire mess.

Either way, CJ may be guilty and he may not. I'm not ready to weigh in against him, but I have not decided he is town. I'm not sure I really understand your second post, as I'm in no danger of being lynched currently so what would be my motivation?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2009, 04:07:06 am »

forsaken is scum.
Today we lynch chaoticjosh. If he turns up town, we lynch org. If he turns up scum, hooray!
Regardless an investigative role should might want to check forsaken tonight.
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2009, 04:08:51 am »

No, I'm just bored at work so my replies have been lengthier than usual. :P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2009, 04:09:11 am »

If Josh flips town you can go "SEE, I TOLD YOU HE WASN'T SCUM" and look less guilty, and when endangered, you can point out that you didn't vote for him and weren't convinced, unlike many townies no doubt were.

Josh's behavior is blatantly scummy, and as I suspect ToonyMan as well... so, yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2009, 04:12:38 am »

If Josh flips town you can go "SEE, I TOLD YOU HE WASN'T SCUM" and look less guilty, and when endangered, you can point out that you didn't vote for him and weren't convinced, unlike many townies no doubt were.

Josh's behavior is blatantly scummy, and as I suspect ToonyMan as well... so, yeah.

Right.. then again, if he flips dopp no doubt many of you will go "Blargh u didn't vote him cuz ur scum!"

So hell, I may as well vote him. One Unvote and one vote for Josh

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2009, 05:06:55 am »

I doubt it, actually. It's obvious that Josh is going to be lynched at this point.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52