Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67358 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2009, 04:28:02 pm »

JUST GOT BACK FROM SCHOOL. JUST HAD SOME LEMONADE AND PRETZELS. STOP VOTING MEH.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2009, 05:16:26 pm »

@chaoticjosh
Okay, crunched through everything and if I could get three people to show up and talk, it would be Kashyyk, Frelock, and Pandarsenic.  So far as I can tell, they've posted 0, 1, and 2 times respectively.  I guess this was kind of the obvious answer at this point though.  Still, I'd like to hear what they have to say about everything thus far.

@Org
Do you have anything?  Anything at all?

Additional suspicion
The first time, that pyramid was jokingly suspicious.  But it does make me a little suspicious of ToonyMan and RedWarrior0.  They've voted each other back and forth a bit much for my tastes.

@RedWarrior0
If you would be so kind as to explain your odd voting regarding ToonyMan, I would greatly appreciate it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2009, 05:20:46 pm »

@ToonyMan / @chaoticjosh
Unvote.  My interrogation with Sir Josh is done.
That's kind of abrupt.  Care to explain?

Now, I want to know how Cheeetar thinks about our argument.

I'm pretty sure Chaotic is scum, actually. He overreacted way too much, and tried to divert suspicion to me (which seems to have worked?). I'm going to vote for ChaoticJosh, because I don't think this is just one big misunderstanding.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2009, 05:23:09 pm »

Additional suspicion
The first time, that pyramid was jokingly suspicious.  But it does make me a little suspicious of ToonyMan and RedWarrior0.  They've voted each other back and forth a bit much for my tastes.

Well, um, I never voted RedWarrior0.  I think you might of mixed me up.   :P

FAKE EDIT:

@ToonyMan / @chaoticjosh
That's kind of abrupt.  Care to explain?

Now, I want to know how Cheeetar thinks about our argument.

I'm pretty sure Chaotic is scum, actually. He overreacted way too much, and tried to divert suspicion to me (which seems to have worked?). I'm going to vote for ChaoticJosh, because I don't think this is just one big misunderstanding.

I was expecting that to happen....don't vote Sir Josh this day.  I'm pretty damn sure he is Town now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2009, 05:25:40 pm »

How so, ToonyMan? Explain how Chaotic is not a mafia, because I'm not willing to just trust what you say. You could both be mafia, bussing each other.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2009, 05:31:38 pm »

Bloodbeard, acceptable answers would've been 2 townies, Webadict, or "Hopefully not me."

So, for answer 1, Bloodbeard would need to be the scum.
For answer 2, he'd have to deliberately give an incomplete answer
For answer 3, he'd have to violate the terms of the question.

Asking people odd questions is one thing, but handing trick questions to new players is another entirely.

FoS Webadict, and Webadict: If you were the exterminator, and had an operative, what would be your action tonight?
Um, if I had the Exterminator, I'd kill ToonyMan, because I severely dislike him for his crazy talk and his ability to jump to conclusions. However, since I told you that, I'd probably actually kill JanusTwoface, because I could never convince him I was a Townie. I'd also have my Operative kill as well, because that's good, and I'd have him kill either Bloodbeard or Chaoticjosh because I think one or both are scum, and the EA has to rid themselves of both teams to win.

If you were at 3 people.

Also, vector, I think I know what I'm doing... It's like when you give a monkey a gun.

Personally, I read this as jumpiness.  There was no accusation of incompetence.  I still don't trust webadict's odd behavior, either.  It may not be scummish, but it probably is something other than "just fooling around."

So, webadict, what are you trying to hide?
Oh, pish posh. I never hide anything. I mean, this is probably one of the least suspicious thing I have done in a Mafia. I mean, I claimed EA in Paranormal 3 and made that work.

Also, you guys certainly backed off of chaoticjosh fast. He managed to control himself but he has a voice when he's scum that you can read. Also, Bloodbeard was trying to side with ToonyMan, giving him an outward town appearance.

Oh, and Xegeth is suspicious too. Because he's just there.

So, FoS Bloodbeard. I'll FoS you some other time Xegeth, because you're not nearly suspicious enough to be special.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2009, 05:53:03 pm »

... However, since I told you that, I'd probably actually kill JanusTwoface, because I could never convince him I was a Townie. ...

Is this referring to last round when I was the Scientist.  Because in that case, I knew you were town and actually would have let you go with the first other Human I accidentally caught.  :P

... Also, you guys certainly backed off of chaoticjosh fast. He managed to control himself but he has a voice when he's scum that you can read. ...

So I'm not the only one that thinks this?  Interesting.

While I'm at it: webadict, do you prefer to see someone lynched day 1 or not?  (And why?)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2009, 06:05:35 pm »

I'm glad you've joined us Webadict.

That's a second time that someone's mentioned I have scum habits, even though I've only been scum in two games with you involved. The first paranormal, and the second vote mafia, both of which you can't get alot of info from since I've changed alot since paranormal 1, and I wasn't in vote mafia 2 long enough to actually form an opinion around my behavior.

But I don't mean to put words in your mouth though, would you care to elaborate on it WA?

Also, Cheeetar, why jump to accusations? Did you COMPLETELY forget that question I asked you some pages back?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2009, 06:08:53 pm »

Guys, we really shouldn't lynch Sir Josh this day.  He role-claimed to me and said a role that would be suicide if I was scum.

For now, anybody that votes Sir Josh is scummy in my book.

That means:
* webadict
* BloodBeard
* Xegeth
* Cheeetar

Why do you guys vote him when I said he wasn't scum (I'll cut some slack for the first people to vote)?  I'm the one that started this whole charade.  I pressurized him to see what I got and the results were positive.  He's Town, I'm almost certain.  If you're going to lynch someone, lynch one of these bandwagoners on Sir Josh.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »

BloodBeard, which of the three bodyguard varients would you most prefer to be (if you had a choice, of course)?

I'll answer that question, but first I want you to answer a question. Do you believe you will be able to draw some kind of information based on what I pick, yes or no? I ask this because I don't see any possible conclusions that can be drawn from which of the three I'd prefer. I'd have no control on which one I'd get as you said and it would be of zero use to the town to know which one i'd prefer, that I can think of. This just seems too much like a safe question.

JUST GOT BACK FROM SCHOOL. JUST HAD SOME LEMONADE AND PRETZELS. STOP VOTING MEH.

Do you want to get banned from mafia games? You're not being funny.

I would like to hear what Cheeetar has to say about this.

I'm leaning towards the possibility their either you're scum or both you and josh are scum. I'm thinking that this whole row with you and josh was planned and that you went overboard with it. Josh probably scolded you behind the scenes and told you to change directions. There's also the other possibility that would prove disasterous for the town. Only you are scum, and should Josh by lynched and found human you would be off the hook through your "Don't vote for Josh" plan. I think that one of you are scum and based on how you tried to cool things down, I believe you are more likely to be scum. Unvote, vote ToonyMan.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2009, 06:21:10 pm »

Fine.  I have a proposal.  Lynch me instead of Sir Josh.  When I come up Town, Sir Josh will be CLEARED.  Someone protect him over the night of course.  Mmmkay?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2009, 06:21:48 pm »

I'll answer that question, but first I want you to answer a question. Do you believe you will be able to draw some kind of information based on what I pick, yes or no? I ask this because I don't see any possible conclusions that can be drawn from which of the three I'd prefer. I'd have no control on which one I'd get as you said and it would be of zero use to the town to know which one i'd prefer, that I can think of. This just seems too much like a safe question.

That's a fair question.  I do think that I can draw some information from your answer, although maybe not what you expect.  Rather than seeing how scummy you act, I can get a bit of a feel for your play style.  (As long as you answer truthfully).  Then, later, I can put this with other information to get a better picture.

If you felt like explaining your choice (in short) that would be appreciated as well... ;D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2009, 06:27:52 pm »

Guys, we really shouldn't lynch Sir Josh this day.  He role-claimed to me and said a role that would be suicide if I was scum.

For now, anybody that votes Sir Josh is scummy in my book.

That means:
* webadict
* BloodBeard
* Xegeth
* Cheeetar

Why do you guys vote him when I said he wasn't scum (I'll cut some slack for the first people to vote)?  I'm the one that started this whole charade.  I pressurized him to see what I got and the results were positive.  He's Town, I'm almost certain.  If you're going to lynch someone, lynch one of these bandwagoners on Sir Josh.
But what about if he were scum? Would it be suicide then?

I'm glad you've joined us Webadict.

That's a second time that someone's mentioned I have scum habits, even though I've only been scum in two games with you involved. The first paranormal, and the second vote mafia, both of which you can't get alot of info from since I've changed alot since paranormal 1, and I wasn't in vote mafia 2 long enough to actually form an opinion around my behavior.

But I don't mean to put words in your mouth though, would you care to elaborate on it WA?

Also, Cheeetar, why jump to accusations? Did you COMPLETELY forget that question I asked you some pages back?
I'm saying you're emanating scum signs, especially at the beginning. I don't know about you, but I don't care what ToonyMan says. You're being scummy and I'm going to continue voting you.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2009, 06:28:59 pm »

@Janus:I was serious. And you are not everyone.

And no, I dont have anything to add yet

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2009, 06:32:53 pm »

@Janus:I was serious. And you are not everyone.
- I am mildly confused by this.  This first part makes sense in that you were telling the truth about lemonade and pretzels.  And I believe you.  Unless you meant something else... In which case I'm even more confused.
- But for the second part, I'm not sure.  Why I would be everyone?

Care to explain, please?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 52