Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67344 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2009, 03:05:07 pm »

@chaoticjosh
Well then it's 1/1 times. :P  (I remember now that I was scum a couple of those times and you were town.  Still on the opposite team though).

Anyways, Cheeetar...?  So far as I can actually tell he's only posted twice and neither of them had terribly much content.  Just some sort of attack on webadict acting funny.  (Which, granted, web was acting a mite strange, but I don't blame him for that (yet))  Basically he's somewhere between pure lurking and active lurking.  Cheeetar, you have anything to say about that?

@Xegeth
I don't disagree with you.  Mainly because I don't overmuch want to deal with the idea that both are town and doing the scum's job for them.  At the very least the investigative type roles have someone to look at?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2009, 03:11:59 pm »

@Xegeth: Opportunistic much?

One thing I don't like about you Janus, is the bystander logic. By that, I mean that you stand back, and let others argue with yourself only commenting on the situation. You don't bother to get in the mud and try to dole out the pain yourself. It's more conservative, yes, but I feel it won't help you in the long run.

What do you think about that?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2009, 03:25:00 pm »

That's probably true and mayhaps why I tend to live till endgames.  On the other hand, that's not necessarily a good thing, because then I'm either town, stuck with a potentially game ending vote or scum trying to argue my way out of getting lynched.

What do you want from me then?
- Random votes?  I think that they tend to cause more problems than they're worth with even the town having to be careful not to bandwagon, OMGUS, etc so that they don't get lynched.
- Semi-random inquiries? These are more useful. I just haven't had any time to go through and pick out worthwhile targets yet.
- Something else?

On the topic of semi-random inquiries:
Xegeth, you should still be around.  If you were an Alien Scientist, who would you abduct first?
BloodBeard, which of the three bodyguard varients would you most prefer to be (if you had a choice, of course)?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2009, 03:31:00 pm »

Unvote.  My interrogation with Sir Josh is done.

I would like to hear what Cheeetar has to say about this.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2009, 03:34:22 pm »

What I'm asking of you Janus, is that you try to pursue people a bit harder. Being town isn't about self-preservation, it's seussing out the dopps.

Do you think you can do that?

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2009, 03:36:05 pm »

@Xegeth: Opportunistic much?

Before I voted, there was a four way tie. I thought it would be better to break that tie by voting for the most suspicious person, rather than risking wasting a lynch.

Xegeth, you should still be around.  If you were an Alien Scientist, who would you abduct first?

I'd probably go for RedWarrior0. He was the first to mention aliens so he has a higher chance of being one and they seem to be the hardest of the three targets to find.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2009, 03:39:05 pm »

@ToonyMan / @chaoticjosh
That's kind of abrupt.  Care to explain?
(I'd also be happy with Josh saying something along the same lines, for now at least)

For that matter, this is starting to feel more like an elaborate scum game.  Back and forth and back and forth and then... poof.  No more fighting.  Days down the road, one of you dies and turns up scum.  But no, you couldn't both be scum, could you?

@Xegeth
Fair enough.  Along the alien line of thought, which tech most appeals to you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2009, 03:45:09 pm »

@ToonyMan / @chaoticjosh

Gladly, I talked with Sir Josh a bit in PM about my plan and about how I thought Sir Josh was more and more Town as I argued with him.  I feel quite pleased.  Now, I want to know how Cheeetar thinks about our argument.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2009, 03:49:22 pm »

@Xegeth

I'd probably pick the shield because it's useful for most aliens, and I'd also go for the scanner to save some time searching.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2009, 03:50:40 pm »

I figured as much, but that's really not what I meant.  By explain, I'd either prefer that you prove it or for chaoticjosh to confirm that this conversation actually took place.

Then at least, we'd know that either you are both telling the truth, both lying, or at least backing down.  Which I guess doesn't help at all, directly.  But it would be nice for peace of mind.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2009, 03:51:13 pm »

@ToonyMan / @chaoticjosh
(I'd also be happy with Josh saying something along the same lines, for now at least)

For that matter, this is starting to feel more like an elaborate scum game.  Back and forth and back and forth and then... poof.  No more fighting.  Days down the road, one of you dies and turns up scum.  But no, you couldn't both be scum, could you?

@Xegeth

It's just as Toony said, really.

I really like how active you are though Janus. Now, if you were a a dopp, whom would you kill tonight?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2009, 04:00:19 pm »

@Xegeth
And good enough choice Xegeth.  Not necessarily what I would choose (see Paranormal 8, ;D), but an expectable choice.
And now, I'll pass along chaoticjosh's paranoia / preferences.  You're doing sort of what I was doing and being a bit overly passive.  So be more active!  Yay activity and reading approximately 12 million pages of text.

(OOC: What is the default posts per page?  I have mine set to the maximum, so I only have barely over 4 pages so far)

@chaoticjosh / @ToonyMan
Ok then, I'll back down for now.  But I still think that one or the other of you (or both) merits investigation.  Both from the fun earlier and as a general feeling.

@chaoticjosh
If I were scum, I'd know the other scum.
If both you and Toony were town, I'd kill one of you hoping to pin the other.  (Investigators could counter that though)
If only one of you was town, I'd kill the town one, hoping to clear the other.  (I know it contradicts the first point)
If both of you were scum, I'd congratulate you on your cunning scheme and kill a lurker.  (It gives the town the least information)
The most likely alternative would be to kill the more active players to get rid of the biggest threats, but where's the fun in that?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2009, 04:13:45 pm »

That was a well thought out response Janus, analytical thinking is clearly a strongsuit of yours.

Now, if you could force any three players to come to their computers and participate, who would they be?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2009, 04:21:12 pm »

Off the top of my head, if I could get both showing up and participation, then I would have to say Org.  He shows up every once in a while, but tends to get lynched or killed early for lack of talking.  It would be interesting to see what he has to say about things.

Give me a few minutes on the others.  I'm going through and collecting information to track voting and participation records.  That should help.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2009, 04:23:01 pm »

"Just posting before I go to school."

"OK, I'm back from school."