Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67285 times)

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 4 melts the heart
« Reply #660 on: September 10, 2009, 12:18:31 pm »

Oh, muchenik might also be scum.

True, though really at this point with townies outnumbering scum it is a an exercise of following voting history and conflicts to figure out who the remaining scum are. It seems that dwarf is scum and if he is the last then his curse means nothing.  Now if there is one other remaining then just a manner of time before our investigators find it. We can always push for a no vote but right now I believe that blood is scum since I can't find a reason otherwise in the thread.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #661 on: September 10, 2009, 12:43:58 pm »

I agree with lynching BloodBeard right now.  He does seem rather likely to be an Exterminator.

As for as my previous post, that was coming from webadict.  I had to leave my computer and didn't have time to add the quote block.

Quote from: webadict
Also, I forgot muchenik. He can also be scum.

I think the best plan for now would be to lynch BloodBeard (and hope we are right about him) and gather as much information as we can for tomorrow.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:37 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Frelock, JanusTwoface, muchenik, Xegeth
RedWarrior0: NUKE9.13, Rysith, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: RedWarrior0
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 10, 2009, 09:29:35 pm »

Well, since we've got at most two scum per side (two dopps, exterminator + operative), and we've got three mutually-trusting people (Frelock, Janus, and Xegeth) voting for Bloodbeard, I'm fairly confident in unvoting, and then voting Bloodbeard. I suspect that RedWarrior is scum of one flavor or another as well, because of his confusion over protecting Webadict, but even if he is scum I'm fairly sure that he isn't the Exterminator, and I'd rather take the exterminator down than any of the other possible scum.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #664 on: September 10, 2009, 09:52:54 pm »

I am hoping that we (and webadict) are correct about BloodBeard being the Exterminator.  If he's scum, it will be okay anyways; but if he's not, then we still have an Exterminator on the loose.

I'm relatively sure that he is though.  BloodBeard, care to disprove that?  (Not that I can think of any way you could at the time being...)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 10, 2009, 10:38:47 pm »

I am the human vigilante and I was guarded against from killing Muchenik. A personal shield acts like a guardian and the unless he's an alien survivor with a personal shield I don't see any other explanation as to why I couldn't kill him then that he's the exterminator (Well, there's one, but that explanation would only make sense if Xegeth was the operative, and i'm sure he isn't). I think that he and his likely operative have been lying low for as long as they could, and then an opportunity presented itself with Web.

Sorry btw about being so late in replying, i'm away from home and I don't have the time to get on here much.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 10, 2009, 10:41:51 pm »

Oops, I meant that 'other' explanation would only make sense if Xegeth was a dopp, and i'm sure he isn't.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 11, 2009, 12:04:07 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Frelock, JanusTwoface, Rysith, muchenik, Xegeth
RedWarrior0: NUKE9.13, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: RedWarrior0
muchenik: BloodBeard

After a lot of debate, you decide that BloodBeard must die! He struggles, but Rysith plugs a few bullets into him and he falls to the ground. You search the body, and discover that he is some sort of Alien! You go off and search his house. It seems he was an operative, working for some mysterious otherworldly organization. Creepy.

Disturbed and frightened by this turn of events, you head off for home.

Ok, that's Day 4! It is now night, so send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Night 4
« Reply #668 on: September 14, 2009, 01:51:48 pm »

Town

You convene again the next day. Your numbers are significantly reduced by now, and even less today. ToonyMan and RedWarrior0 are both missing. Curious, you head off to look for them.

At Toonyman's house you find the back door unlocked, and the kitchen a complete mess. Blood is splattered everywhere, and a bloody kitchen knife and cutting board sit on the counter. You're not sure exactly what happened here, but whatever it was it certainly was gruesome. Checking around the house you find a candle and some small iron chains on the kitchen table, along with several books on psychic powers. It seems he was a Psychic Warden. Saddened that such a powerful protector is gone, you head off in search of RedWarrior0.

His house is empty, and you find no sign of struggle here. You do see a number of photographs of a bank and captured bank robbers. It seems he's been given credit for being a skilled and Observant Guard at the local bank. If he is dead, you can at least hope that he died protecting someone.

Pondering the future, you head back to the courthouse.

Ok, Day 5 has started! It will go until ~10am Pacific Wednesday
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 14, 2009, 02:04:34 pm »

Who is scum afraid of at night?

TOONYMAN!

Why is that?

BECAUSE HE'S SUPER FREAKY.

THAT'S RIGHT.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #670 on: September 14, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »

Ok, so ToonyMan was killed by a knife.  That means that the he was targeted by a Vigilante (or some other human), if I remember correctly.  If I read that correctly, that means that we still have an Exterminator out there who didn't get to kill last night.  If anyone who can block people and trusts me could PM me who they blocked I would appreciate it.  Alternatively, you could post in the open thread, if you're not as worried about being killed.

Am I correct in thinking that we have at least one dopp left (because we haven't killed them all), an Exterminator (there was an Operative), and a Vig (ToonyMan's killer, if I read it correctly).

On the other hand, I happen to know what happened to RedWarrior0.  I asked him to protect me last night, figuring that the dopps would have tried to kill me to stop communication from the dead.  Well, they (or someone else) tried and I must thank RedWarrior for his courage in defending me and for identifying the assailant.  On the other hand, I think he was the last defending role, so more people are going to be ending up dead in the near future.

So NUKE9.13...  Care to tell me why you were trying to kill me last night?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 14, 2009, 02:36:20 pm »

So NUKE9.13...  Care to tell me why you were trying to kill me last night?
I do not know why you are trying to frame me (of all people). I did not leave my house last night and I certainly didn't try to kill anyone. In fact, my only discerning feature is my dabbling in 'How to Defend Your Mind', a mail-order course on working a mind shield.
Anyway.
Seeing as I did not try to kill you last night I can only assume that you are yourself scum.
JanusTwoFace
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 14, 2009, 02:41:53 pm »

Just to clear up any confusion on the matter, you did not find the body of either victim from last night.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #673 on: September 14, 2009, 03:34:19 pm »

Okay, so I read that completely incorrectly.  Sorry...

So possible killing roles:
War Vet dies
Vig kills with guns
Witch/Warlock would be more magical
Abductors wouldn't be so bloody
Exterminator uses lasers
Dopps are bloody and eat the body

Basically, this means that Toony was killed by a dopp.  Since NUKE tried to kill me and we know that there is an Exterminator floating around, then I'm going to say that he is the Exterminator.  Still someone that should end up dead.

On the other hand, it would potentially be possible for you (NUKE) to work with the town blasting away at dopps.  I cannot really see how this would work though, as there wouldn't be enough bodies at the end to satisfy you...

Is there anyone around that could verify that NUKE didn't go anywhere last night?  It's unlikely but possible that some sort of investigative role targeted him.

For reference, I don't have all of the information that webadict did.  I have what he's told me, which was mostly information to pass along to other people and facts to prove that I am, in fact, a Medium.  So if there are in fact any Reporters in the game, I do not know (yet) know you are.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 14, 2009, 05:19:50 pm »

Hmm, as I said before, I'm fairly certain that Janus is town; or at least give it a 60/40 chance. 

Also, unless someone else wants to claim that they were protected by Redwarrior last night, then obviously Janus was protected, and therefore knows the name of his attempted killer. 

Even if Janus is scum, then he still would want his attacker dead.  Since Nuke did not claim vig and in fact lied and said he hadn't left the house, then Nuke must be a lying, killing role, and therefore is scum.

There is the highly unlikely scenario in which Janus is a dopp who knew that Redwarrior was going to protect him.  Therefore, he convinced his scumbuddy to attack Him to kill off the bodyguard.  Janus then claims the next morning that he was protected, and gets a townie lynched.  However, if Nuke turns out not to have a killing role, we'll just lynch Janus tomorrow.

Vote Nuke
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 52