Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67295 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 4 melts the heart
« Reply #630 on: September 09, 2009, 05:31:25 am »

Interesting. I found out last night (following Webadict's orders) that Nuke has a mind shield. I know it's not conclusive at all, but it seems worth considering since we know that whoever killed Webadict must have a mind shield.
Webadict knew about my mind shield. What he decided to do about it, I don't know. Aside from my claim I haven't spoken with him. My guess was and is that he had people check me out (example:you). I am pro-town.

Wouldn't a personal shield also protect the Exterminator from the morning kill?
Yes:
Quote from: Meph
Personal Shield: Works once as though guarded by the Guardian. Will also protect against Morningkills. Takes 1 slot.
In my mind it is more likely that the exterminator used a shield to avoid death; that is what I assumed had happened.
The odd thing is that webadict was available for killing.
Redwarrior being the exterminator/helper would explain this quite neatly. He is acting nervously, like someone unsure of what to say to get out of trouble. He claimed bodyguard. He should have and claims to have intended to protect webadict. He didn't. It might have been blocking, but I'm not seeing it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 09, 2009, 11:25:03 am »

The Whiteboard
A_Fey_Dwarf: RedWarrior0
RedWarrior0: NUKE9.13, Rysith, ToonyMan, Xegeth

Reminder: Day 3 ends ~10am Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 09, 2009, 03:57:38 pm »

For some odd reason, I'm inclined to believe Toonyman.  If RedWarrior was indeed a dopp, then he's lying about being blocked.  He's inconsistent with his claim, and also claims to have been blocked, and I find it unlikely that we have 3 PW's in this game.

Also, how would I know to defend webadict? Give me a decent answer to that.

This just strikes me as him trying to say "hey, not my fault he's dead."  If you were blocked, ok, but it should be obvious that you were supposed to protect the glue that held the town base together.  Now we're down quite a bit, but we can still come back with your death, scum.

redwarrior0
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 09, 2009, 04:17:30 pm »

Unvote.

Alright, I think I have the last of anti-Town down (thanks Janus!)

RedWarrior0 - Exterminator
A_Fey_Dwarf - Dopp something
JanusTwoFace - Dopp Medium
Xegeth - Dopp something

(yes I know there isn't three dopps, but I'm split between Xegeth and A_Fey_Dwarf.)

JanusTwoFace begun PMing me about how he was the Town Medium and how he was in contact with Webadict, yeah right.  Here's a few PMs he gave me.

Hey, guess what?  I'm a Medium!  And I have a message for you from webadict:

The Vig is AWOL and I'm almost positive that the Vig is the Exterminator.
Do not pass any more information along to the Vig.
If you need proof that I am talking to web, he can supply it.

I've already passed this message along to Xegeth per webadict's request.
He suggests that we lynch the Vig first (especially if he has a Mind Shield).

Lynch BloodBeard, DISCRETELY!

Web would like to point out the following (that he previously overlooked):

Day 3, Org die of a knife wound.  The vig does not use Knives.  BloodBeard had been told to kill Org, which means he's the exterminator.

Day 4, BloodBeard was supposed to kill either AFD or RedWarrior0, he did neither.

So, we need to check if each Vig kill was actually a Vig or an Exterminator (flavorwise).

(Also, I passed along your comments to web but haven't gotten a response yet)
Update from beyond the grave:

Well, the thing is that Bloodbeard is one heck of a liar. He's obviously the Exterminator. The thing about his shield idea on muchenik is that he'd know that muchenik is the Exterminator and already go for him. The fact that there have been no other kills from another Exterminator means he is 99% the Exterminator.

Get him. Use ToonyMan.

ToonyMan, how does that sound to you?  If you post publicly that you are in contact with Web, we can probably change the vote.  I can keep passing stuff back and forth without getting dead myself.  Of course, you are likely to end up dead if this works, so that could be all sorts of fun.

That's not Webadict, no way.  PLUS, he wasn't even ONLINE when I was PMed these.

He's lying to save his exterminator buddy for the dopps, RedWarrior0 is defiantly the Exterminator.

We need to double lynch RedWarrior0 and JanusTwoFace.  Then all that would be left is Xegeth and A_Fey_Dwarf, which will be EASY to find out.

JanusTwoFace, you have been called out.  ZVARRI!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 09, 2009, 04:41:54 pm »

Unvote. Toony, what do you say to this:
Either the dopps have psychic warden (possible), toony blocked me (false because there was no dopp kill), or exterminator's bodyguard blocked me.

But if Toony blocked AFD as he claimed, then I do believe that A_Fey_Dwarf is scum.

We've known that, we are using him to find the other scum.

(yes I know there isn't three dopps, but I'm split between Xegeth and A_Fey_Dwarf.)

So in one post you say we've known AFD is scum, then in another, you say he might not be. Also, there aren't double lynches, remember?

My belief is that Toony blocked me in case my guard claim was true (and it is), and both a dopp and the exterminator attacked web, but the exterminator got there first.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 09, 2009, 04:45:02 pm »

Weak defense.

Let me explain.  Xegeth was making it seem like BloodBeard was the exterminator too, agreeing with him and making up BS.  Xegeth might be working with JanusTwoFace with this PM,

Web would like to point out the following (that he previously overlooked):

Day 3, Org die of a knife wound.  The vig does not use Knives.  BloodBeard had been told to kill Org, which means he's the exterminator.

Day 4, BloodBeard was supposed to kill either AFD or RedWarrior0, he did neither.

So, we need to check if each Vig kill was actually a Vig or an Exterminator (flavorwise).

(Also, I passed along your comments to web but haven't gotten a response yet)

BloodBeard's final decision was to kill Muchenik and he did mention that before the night ended. At the moment he's trying to convince me that Muchenik is the exterminator because he was blocked by either a guardian or a shield and he has no idea why a guardian would protect Muchenik. I do think that BloodBeard is the exterminator.

If JanusTwoFace is scum, then Xegeth is defiantly the last one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 09, 2009, 04:46:15 pm »

And I'm pretty sure there is double lynching, right?

MOD:  Tell me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 sign-ups
« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2009, 04:50:23 pm »

Days will last for 48 hours or until everyone has voted (if there is a long period of inactivity after everyone votes I'll end the day to keep things moving).
    In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur.

You know, I've got the rules posted on Page 1 for a reason. You could always go read them if you have a question.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2009, 04:55:53 pm »

Okay, I revised my theory after rereading the beginning. I now think that Toony is the Alien Operative, and last night he blocked me because the exterminator was going to go after web.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2009, 05:07:48 pm »

Unvote. I have of things to ask ToonyMan before deciding who to lynch.

First of all, can we get some confirmation about what happened with muchenik? BloodBeard attacked him during the night so he's either an alien or a guardian protected him. Muchenik, were you attacked during the night? At this point it's not really too relevant how you were protected, just whether or not BloodBeard did attack. If you weren't I suggest that we lynch BloodBeard. If you were, we know that BloodBeard is telling the truth and can't be an exterminator. BloodBeard, since your role is already known, maybe it would be helpful if you did confirm that I'm telling the truth about your target?

Next, did you actually ask for that proof that Janus offered? I expect it could be quite easy to quote from a PM that only webadict knows about, unless Janus is lying. For example, if he can tell me the first sentence of my roleclaim to webadict, I'll know that he has contact with webadict and hasn't been lying. I suggest you ask a similar question.

Finally, wouldn't it be better to lynch the exterminator first to remove a nightkill?

I'd also like to give the results of my investigations in case I do get lynched or nightkilled. Rysith and Nuke appear to be human. Webadict also told me that A_Fey_Dwarf claimed to be a warlock so that may be a way to get that double lynch you wanted.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 sign-ups
« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »

Days will last for 48 hours or until everyone has voted (if there is a long period of inactivity after everyone votes I'll end the day to keep things moving).
    In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur.

You know, I've got the rules posted on Page 1 for a reason. You could always go read them if you have a question.

Do'h, I Ctrl-F'd for "double" and got nothing.  Thanks for the comment.   :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2009, 05:29:24 pm »

@Xegeth:
Screw you dopp.  I know for sure that AFD isn't the dopp now.

Unvote.

I'll continue voting RedWarrior0.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #642 on: September 09, 2009, 09:16:10 pm »

I am not lying about my contact with webadict nor am I lying about being a Human Medium.  I really think that ToonyMan is just being stubborn.

Would you like me to post the messages that I've gotten from webadict?  I'm willing to do so if it would convince you.

That's not Webadict, no way.  PLUS, he wasn't even ONLINE when I was PMed these.

The first part of that may be because I didn't directly quote web.  I wasn't exactly sure about the rules regarding that, so I paraphrased to avoid any trouble.  Reading more carefully, it shouldn't be problem, so I can post the messages now if you'd like.

For the second part, I was in contact with web since shortly after he died and showed up in the dead chat.  Since we'd not always be online at the same time, I would pass along messages whenever I was online.  So it makes perfect sense that he wouldn't be online when I sent the messages.

So far as whether or not Xegeth is a dopp, I honestly don't know.  But web seemed to trust him enough to ask me to contact him first, so I'll go with that for the time being.

Last but not least, web is pretty sure that BloodBeard is an Exterminator and I see no reason to disagree at the current point in time.  So vote BloodBeard.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2009, 09:21:47 pm »

It's lies!  I can see through you.  Everything you have said has no proof.  You can easily lie and say you are in contact with Webadict.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #644 on: September 09, 2009, 09:27:32 pm »

It's lies!  I can see through you.  Everything you have said has no proof.  You can easily lie and say you are in contact with Webadict.

I can at least prove that I am in contact with him.  Ask me anything about a PM that you sent to webadict.  If he believes that I can be trusted (or at the very least wants me to continue to communicate with the living), then he can tell me what you said and I can verify it.

So far as proving that I'm town, I've been passing everything on from webadict that he's been saying.  If I was a dopp, why would I do that?  It wouldn't make any sense.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52