Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67379 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 2
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2009, 11:49:15 am »

I'm more suspicious of BloodBeard for this post.  There's a decently long paragraph there that appears to be pointing out the scumminess of forsaken and then he doesn't actually go so far as to vote.

Because I don't need to vote for someone to put pressure on them. Not voting for him actualy told me more as he took it as an opportunity to take my accusation lightly and successfully deflected the attention away from himself, as i'm going to explain in this post.

I was going to go and defend myself in detail vs bloodbeard's post but I really don't think I need to. I've suspected for a long time that either Blood or Pandar were dopps. Since Pandar flipped town, I believe Blood is the Dopp and I have voted accordingly. It's not convenient deflection, it's just a statement of my opinion. Do what you will. Follow the bandwagon.

Congrats on successfully deflecting attention from yourself. I'm sorry but thinking that i'm a dopp doesn't make you immune to all attacks by me. You go on two paragraphs defending yourself and then you say:

Maybe we should look into all the people who were voting for Pandar to die, hmm?

If that isn't deflecting then I don't know what is. By the way, Cheeetar was scum and he didn't vote for Pandar. Toony is looking more and more town as things go by so i'm not going by the finals votes, but that's just my opinion. If you are town then you shouldn't have any problem defending yourself. Look at me, noone was voting for me on day one, people were lined up to lynch you and I welcomed people to come and give their reasons for suspecting me. I didn't have to.

That brings me to full circle, somewhat, to Webadict. I was becoming less and less suspicious of you untill this:

Anyhow, Bloodbeard, what's up with you and forsaken?

And your subsequent post. This is what I was talking about with you asking bad questions, until I realized that it wasn't, it was actually a very good question. For a scum to ask. In your question at the start of the game and in these one you seem far less interested in gathering information from my responses and instead more interested in trying to make me make a scene, which is why I didn't go along with it. There was nothing 'between me and forsaken', and there would have been nothing for me to say other then what I already said in the post before. You knew that I would draw attentoin to myself again, and though I have no qualms about doing just that (no, REALLY?) I would have only made it look like I was desperately defending myself against him when I didn't need to.

This just doesn't seem like the playing style of an expert townie, it seems more like an expert scum trying to cause arguing between two people to take the focus off you. I'm willing to argue, but not with who you want me to.

It appears that bloodbeard benefited the most from this townfolk death.

I don't know whether to file this as newbish or extremely scummy. The only thing I have to gain from Pandars death is votes on me. Pandar threw very few suspicions on me while I threw alot on him.

I think that is everything...

OH, and i'm pretty sure that at least 1 dopp is lying low, so yeah, speak up guys!

Another giant wall of text brought you to the bloody bearded one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2009, 01:39:44 pm »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: forsaken1111, JanusTwoface, Vector
forsaken1111: Org, ToonyMan
NUKE9.13: Frelock
webadict: BloodBeard, Xegeth

Reminder: Day 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2009, 01:44:24 pm »

If you two wanna lynch me, I will be fine with that.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2009, 01:46:26 pm »

If you're scum, yay.

But if you're actually town, how could this actually help us?  Other than clearing you... but you'll be dead.  I just don't see it.  So why would you want us to kill you?

These kinds of posts always seem scummy to me.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2009, 01:48:25 pm »

I personally  have been trying to decide between Forsaken and BloodBeard.

But following the evidence laid against them and that which has been defended against, I have to choose Forsaken1111.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 30, 2009, 01:51:16 pm »

It's tied now, someone vote Forsaken1111!

Also,

@Janus:

Webadict is saying that so that if they lynch him, it proves they're scum, right?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #486 on: August 30, 2009, 01:58:08 pm »

I think that may be what webadict is trying to do.  But it makes him look scummy to me, so I could see how other townies might vote for him, which kind of works against that idea.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 30, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »

Well, I had a better plan, but it looks like I'm forced to try and defend myself against these two. I prefer my plans to everyone else's but whatever.

I'm not scum. Not even a bit. Also, I thought we were letting the Dopp seeker take forsaken, because that's what Xegeth got. I also want to lynch Bloodbeard, because I dislike him sorely.

And because some people clearly enjoy lynching forsaken. No. Let the Doppelganger seeker do all the killing. Find the other Dopp. K?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 30, 2009, 02:54:41 pm »

Yeah, i'm pretty sure you dislike me.

Nice trying to make it look like me and xegeth are the only ones who think you're a dopp. I'm pretty sure a townie would be more interested in pointing out suspicious things about me instead of discrediting the size of the threat against you and giving silly reasons for voting. Or are you thinking that my abrasive style of townie-play is good enough and will give you a good excuse when I turn up town?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #489 on: August 30, 2009, 03:06:54 pm »

I also want to lynch Bloodbeard, because I dislike him sorely.

Let's not make this personal guys, it's just a game...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 30, 2009, 03:21:55 pm »

Okay, I have a proposition, then. I am a Human Warlock. I was confirmed by a Disciple of Truth who I will not name. If you want to lynch me, I want Xegeth and Bloodbeard to do it. This means that if Xegeth did not find a Dopp last night, he's lying. If he did, that means I am confirmed, because there is only two Dopps left. Therefore, what are you going to do?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2009, 03:35:13 pm »

Hmm.
Leave forsaken to the alien.
Xegeth, I guess, is an investigative role. Fair enough.
I don't know about BloodBeard. I don't have time to read the whole thread again right now, but tomorrow I will certainly bring my temporary and good-for-nothing judgement out against him.
For now there is too little suspicion going round. Whilst we focus on forsaken, bloodbeard, and webadict, the other dopps avoid notice by simply making idle commentary on the situation with no context. Kind of like this post. I will do the whole scumhunting thing tomorrow.

Okay, I have a proposition, then. I am a Human Warlock. I was confirmed by a Disciple of Truth who I will not name. If you want to lynch me, I want Xegeth and Bloodbeard to do it. This means that if Xegeth did not find a Dopp last night, he's lying. If he did, that means I am confirmed, because there is only two Dopps left. Therefore, what are you going to do?
Web I think many people will join me in saying: Huh?
Please explain more clearly what you are trying to say.
Long Live United Forenia!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2009, 03:37:07 pm »

Alright so...

We lynch Webadict while BloodBeard hammers it during the day?
Dopp Seeker abducts Forsaken1111 during the night.

The UNOFFICIAL Whiteboard
BloodBeard: forsaken1111, JanusTwoface, Vector, Webadict
forsaken1111: Org, ToonyMan, Kashyyk
NUKE9.13: Frelock
webadict: BloodBeard, Xegeth

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2009, 03:37:20 pm »

So we have two DoT's who have both already used their powers?  That's definitely interesting.  Is there anyway to confirm that the second DoT exists and can back you up?  Even revealing might work, because a DoT that's used their power is a townie (or vanilla scum).

And so far as you getting lynched, then one of the people that lynches you dies during the night (chosen at random).  You say you'd like Xegeth and Bloodbeard to do the honors, killing one of the two at random.  If they're both dopps, great.  If only one is or neither is, then we're trading 2 for 1 or 3 for 0 which seems a little risky.

However, if forsaken, Xegeth, and Bloodbeard are the three remaining dopps, I guess we're home free.  All three have had some suspicion on them, but I'm hesitant to see it as this easy.

Then again, it does help to explain why you wouldn't mind as much getting lynched.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »

Wait, so there were two town psychic wardens and two town DoT's?

Any proof on this second DoT who 'confirmed' you?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 52