Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: modding smelter reactions for armor.  (Read 425 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
modding smelter reactions for armor.
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:16:06 pm »

Well I've created what I call an "emergency button."

It's a smelter reaction in the raws that creates armor of various types for one last decent fight before my fort goes down to those goblin hordes (and I mean multiple ambushes with leaders).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The issue is that it only creates large items my last dwarves (who are screwed anyhow) can't use.

How do I make it create smaller armor they can wear?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: modding smelter reactions for armor.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:43:50 pm »

You cant unfortunately. If you need to create armour I'd suggest you use a reaction to make bars and then craft the armour. Not ideal given the emergency  but its better than making dwarves able to wear large items.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: modding smelter reactions for armor.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:58:05 pm »

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

The fort's been running years and is about on the brink anyhow :).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.