Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Dwarf Graphics Set(Now with Orcs!)  (Read 911 times)

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another Dwarf Graphics Set(Now with Orcs!)
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:21:56 pm »

I was just making my own graphics set for dwarves, showed my friend Johbson, and he liked it, a lot. He told me I should post it on the forums because it's so awesome. He thinks everything I draw is awesome. I don't think so, but I'm kind of shy.

This tileset is just made to identify dwarves easily. It's not meant to look beautiful. Johbson said it looked crisp, and not fuzzy, which I too noticed in other graphics sets. Too much detail = Fuzziness. It also includes every profession. Meaning almost every job has a little dwarf for it, besides the ones that are just too similar, such as wood burner and potash maker. They both burn wood, so what would I draw? If you like it, horray.

Criticism is welcome, but don't go overboard and start screaming in my ears about how much they suck.  In any case, enjoy: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1356

Edit: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3159/dwarves.png Preview, my bad. On a side note, Johbson also said they looked better in-game. But you don't have to use them if you don't want to :P Again, they were just for me originally anyways.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:31:25 pm by Someguyo »

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
  • [HOMEOTHERM:10032]
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dwarf Graphics Set
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 04:13:43 pm »

The baby dwarf causes so much lulz from myself and the DF players who live with me.
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:RARE]
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
[ETHIC:USE_MIND_ALTERING_SUBSTANCES:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:CAUSE_UNFUNNY_DRAMA:SHUN]
[ETHIC:PLAY_DF_AS_ELVES:UNTHINKABLE]

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dwarf Graphics Set
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 04:48:13 pm »

Awesome, they are done. I urge everyone to love these ASAP. They are indeed awesome.

...Awesome.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dwarf Graphics Set(Now with orcs)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:27:10 pm »

Due to Johbson insisting that I post my work, I'm now posting my orcs too. These were the first things I made. I was waiting for Beefmo to make orcs, but got impatient and made my own little orcs. Again, they aren't beautiful, in fact to me they're comic-looking, if that makes sense. It's kind of a "Oh no I'm dying, but hey, that orc looks funny." thing. In any case, here's the link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1358

And here's the preview: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9837/orcs.png

Enjoy.

The baby dwarf causes so much lulz from myself and the DF players who live with me.
I'm glad I apparently made someone laugh.

Awesome, they are done. I urge everyone to love these ASAP. They are indeed awesome.

...Awesome.
This is sort of the reaction Johbson had to my dwarves when he first saw them.

Edit: Sort of.

Edit2: Speaking of which, if you actually like my work, I was thinking of making elves/goblins/humans/etc. So if you want me to, I guess I will.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:34:07 pm by Someguyo »

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dwarf Graphics Set(Now with Orcs!)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:04:33 am »

Make dark elves please!  8)

I believe Sean Mirrsen's mod is quite popular, and I don't think anyone has come up with a dark elf graphics set... at least not that I know of.

The orcs are lol. I might replace my current orc set with yours!  ;D

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »

I believe Sean Mirrsen's mod is quite popular, and I don't think anyone has come up with a dark elf graphics set... at least not that I know of.

already have, see sig

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 12:43:50 pm »

Oh, neat! For some reason I completely missed your sets before...  :-[

You named the dark elves "Drow", in the martial arts mod they are named "dark elves". What would a complete tech idiot need to do to transfer them over?