Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Lords of Creation Redux OOC  (Read 13186 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation Redux OOC
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2009, 01:43:45 pm »

Where does it say matrail plane?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2009, 02:13:49 pm »

It is rather implied that the plane in which the game begins is the material plane. Why would it be anything else?
Most things happen in the material plane. Unless mentioned otherwise, you can assume they do. No one mentioned that this plane was any other.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 03:45:47 pm »

Then why are there two gods on it? not counting me?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 04:40:59 pm »

Pretty much everyone is there. Except that people haven't said so, (E.g. Wayock, Material Plane.)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2009, 05:47:55 pm »

Then why are there two gods on it? not counting me?
Because being there is different to manifesting.
Mortals can't see, hear or touch you (unless you are using godly powers on them).
But all gods can see, hear and speak to you.

Manifesting would allow you to talk directly to your populace something that could be very powerful if used right.
You physicaly appearing alone would have a major effect on what the mortals of the land belive.
So there are limits on manifesting because it's extreamly powerful (unless you're a hero or demi god then you're always manifested I think)
Since no one is RPing an omnipresent god and the first thing to exist was the planet with no attached planes if the gods were to interact directly they would have to be able to do so on the material plane and do so without interacting.
So gods are visable to each other but not mortals, hero and demi gods are visable to both.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »

I don't think that Demi-gods can manifest on the material plane, just heroes.

And yeah, it might not have been specified but the prime-material plane is basically another term for the starting plane. It comes from setting where all the planes are already established and refers to the plane on which most adventures happen, so it has all the races, philosophies, and elements coexisting, most other planes are specifically attuned to something present in the prime material plane, such as Evil or Air or the force that animates undead.

The plane of shadow is a bit of an anomaly, it is sort of an overly complicated reflection of the prime material plane, I think that stuff that happens on one can kind of influence what happens on the other(mostly the prime material affecting the shadow). But basically it is just a cheap excuse to have 'through the looking glass' adventures where everything is familiar but different, and kind of sinister...
[OOC] I want to use it as kind of a warehouse, storing all the cool stuff I collect.[/OOC]

*I am influencing the scribbles at the south pole for purely RP purposes and don't plan on doing anything more with it, if I do I will spend AP to do so. If a god manifesting nearby in an adjacent plane doesn't have that much influence then I will gladly remove it.

Well, I guess he'll have to find something to gamble with.  Not sure what there is to work with.  Since I can't create planes, I have to mess around with other gods' stuff, right?
As a hero god you should be able to walk around the place beating up scribbles and stuff without going to any effort at all, you can probably even build a city or something and pave the roads with this shiny new metal that is getting dumped all over the place...
I could probably be persuaded to lend you some AP if you pay them back, but I don't think that my god has noticed you yet...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:56:43 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2009, 03:14:34 am »

I don't think that Demi-gods can manifest on the material plane, just heroes.
No, they can.

I'd also like to remind everyone, two more days until a new AP.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 06:32:55 am »

why haven't my application for joining been approved or rejected yet? Did the PM get lost somewhere?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2009, 07:05:46 am »

PM it to me.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »

Or me. I'm also a GM, and can approve your god just like Emperor Jonathan and Psyco Jelly can.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 04:25:20 am »

Heh, I don't know if what I just did really works, or what exactly the consequences should be.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 04:43:35 am »

I am a little unclear about that myself, these seem to be the relevant powers...

Here are the 1-point actions:

Teach populous: Introduces a pre-existing concept to a populace, for instance, you could teach magic to the elves. However, knowledge tends to spread, and other groups will pick up on it quickly.

Here are the 3-point actions:

Create Concept: Creates a new idea that nobody has thought of before. You can create up to two closely-related base classes with this action (For instance, Wizard and Sorcerer, Scout and Ranger, Psion and Wilder). Any concept present in a god's domain do not need to be created.

It would seem that someone does the 3 point action and then anyone can use the 1 point action, but being in your portfolio should mean it already exists. But I am not even sure what would be considered a concept and what wouldn't, we have already seen fear come from a simple herald.
 I must say I would appreciate a few examples of what would or wouldn't require spending AP.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 04:50:13 am »

Teach populous: Introduces a pre-existing concept to a populace, for instance, you could teach magic to the elves. However, knowledge tends to spread, and other groups will pick up on it quickly.

As your god is the god of ambition, the concept exists. So you've played by the rules. The quinciquonces are up to you- it's your teachings. As I have said before, the Scribbles are fair game. You say what the Scribbles do with their new-found drive, and unless it's seriously messed up, I won't have a problem with it. Neither should anyone else.

Just as a note, though: Giving Scribbles ambition is a big step. As previously they had no drives in life, apart from maybe a vague idea that getting destroyed is badish. But basically they just drifted around, changing randomly. Giving them a purpose changes them completely.
Have fun with that.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 04:52:06 am »

Alright, cool, thanks for your advice!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 05:39:38 am »

All players have used their AP. Do I hear a new week coming early? (Vote.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9