Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Lords of Creation Redux OOC  (Read 13164 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation Redux OOC
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 05:32:32 am »

Create Herald + Control Followers.

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 05:52:56 am »

Woo!  I'm in!

Rules question: Can you save up AP over multiple turns, or divide up actions?  For example can Scamander, as a Hero God, take 3 turns to create an artifact?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 05:56:03 am »

Nope. Well, you can't save AP, anyway. You'd probably have to beg another god for AP.
Tip: My god is always open for gambling, provided he has the AP to give.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 06:02:06 am »

Well, I guess he'll have to find something to gamble with.  Not sure what there is to work with.  Since I can't create planes, I have to mess around with other gods' stuff, right?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 06:14:49 am »

What? No, it's simple. You apraoch my god and say: I need some more POWER. He says: Excellent. Coins or dice?
You say: coins.
We flip a coin.
If you win, I give you 1 AP.
If you lose, you give me 1 AP.

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 06:21:24 am »

I guess that would be fine too.  It's just that games of chance are more fun if there's something interesting on the line.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 06:58:23 am »

I'm going to try and answer this to the best of my knowledge
Is it okay to have a divinely morphic and/or home plane so closely linked to the prime-material
..err yes I think

and can I manifest there?
definately yes

Is there any reason to have a plane that isn't divinely morphic?
Not that I can think of but you might want one for rp reasons.

I don't think any of the god descriptions refer to them
Gods are changable..actualy in my case it's becasue I thought I had what Asari was like in my mind but by the time I had fineshed my first post he had completely changed. I might update his description to better suit him.

and I can't see how you can create a plane and then have a new creature walking around without spending any more points.
No one has created a plane and done anything else, if you mean me I didn't create a plane if I did it would have been an impressive feat for a scribble to simply wander in.
No I dug a hole in the ground and am lurking there (and haven't manifested by the way) and am mind screwing everything that comes in, which has taken all my ap this turn.

I am completely new to this game but it seems to me that a herald shouldn't be so different,
he's not that different he just looks diffferent like how a hearld of the god of light may look pure and have an aura of light around them, that was my thinking at least.

an avatar would cost AP,
yes they do they cost 3 ap, and an avatar is different to me sending a scribble wandering around with a purpose an avatar is an incarantion, a conduit for their power.
In my case if I made an Avatar it would be fear made real and a sight of such terror that all mortals would flee before me.
Which is why it is as expensive as it is becasue I have complete control of the avatar and could probably ride around burning cities to the ground.

and a hero-god wouldn't be able to create a plane.
hero gods can't, nor can demi gods they don't get enough ap. A number of hero gods or demi gods cooperating can though.

Is the crystal man inside the crystal plane?
He reccently left to wander the world.

Is it a hallucination?
I can say with certainy it's not but that doen't mean I'm right or that all actions a god does aren't a hallucination prearranged with a gm.

Is it actually the plane manifesting somehow? If it is secret that's fine but if I am just missing something then please explain it to me.
He just leaving it I think but then again I could be wrong

I hope this makes things clearer

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 07:38:47 am »

Thanks, that helps alot, but I a still a touch confused about this
:
filiusenox:
"((3 out of 3 used to create plane:The crystal realm))"

filiusenox:
"The ball of crystal shimmered with spectaclur light.A single shard broke off of the ball.It grew in size and shape until it had a rough outline of a man.The figure smiled and looked down upoun the world.It wandered and learned."

Now there is a crystal man walking around and I can't figure out where it got the power to manifest. Is it a scribble herald?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 07:43:20 am »

I guess that would be fine too.  It's just that games of chance are more fun if there's something interesting on the line.

If I'm the god of probability, wouldn't I be able to do a gamble against you as well, but know if I'm likely to win or not? That is my specified ability...
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 07:47:25 am »

Thanks, that helps alot, but I a still a touch confused about this
:
filiusenox:
"((3 out of 3 used to create plane:The crystal realm))"

filiusenox:
"The ball of crystal shimmered with spectaclur light.A single shard broke off of the ball.It grew in size and shape until it had a rough outline of a man.The figure smiled and looked down upoun the world.It wandered and learned."

Now there is a crystal man walking around and I can't figure out where it got the power to manifest. Is it a scribble herald?

No it's not a scribble hearld and as far as I know you only manifest by makeing an avatar and he hasn't manifested but is still wandering the world invisble to mortals but visable to gods.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:49:51 am by Jerick »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 08:09:04 am »

If I'm the god of probability, wouldn't I be able to do a gamble against you as well, but know if I'm likely to win or not? That is my specified ability...
If you cheat I will come down on you like a ton of scribbles.

Bla bla bla
The crystal man is just an RP construct. He has no powers. You don't have to define each and every action as one of the actions in the rules.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 08:28:38 am »

If you cheat I will come down on you like a ton of scribbles.

I cant cheat.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 11:09:15 am »

Synk couldn't wait to see what this plane would do to the scribbles.
Is there an entry point into zhalim from the world, or are you planning on draggin them in later?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 01:04:02 pm »

The plane that i am walking on is NOT declared a matrail plane.Thus walking around and partying is allowed.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009, 01:27:57 pm »

The plane that I am walking on has NOT been declared a material plane._Thus walking around and partying is allowed.
Wot.
The planet, the moon, the sun, the scribbles, the forest, and the giant crystal thing are all on the material plane. Gods higher that demigod may not manifest upon it without aid of an avatar.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9