Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Injured King/Queen  (Read 1415 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Injured King/Queen
« on: August 18, 2009, 02:29:20 pm »

A queen just arrived, and with a mangled hand. (She even dropped that glove at the map edge!)  No unnoticed ambushes or creature attacks, that's how she was at the "pause" with the announcement of her arrival.

I just wanted to be sure I understood - that's from world-gen, right? She had that injury from something in legends or whatever, and that's just how she is, and how should would be no matter what embark site in this world I chose (so long as it's the same culture choice.) 

And since it's from world gen (i.e., she's had ample time to heal), it's not going to; only "mangled" injuries last that long.

I got that right?

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Injured King/Queen
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:17 pm »

Pretty much.  I'm not up on which injuries heal and which don't, but that's how it happened.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:46:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure any injuries will heal while on site, although it may take a long time depending on her toughness stat.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 02:46:25 pm »

I think so. It's certainly not you if it's only her hand and she was like that as soon as she arrived. It might even heal, I don't think worldgen handles healing and rulers generally have lots of attributes. How tough is she?

EDIT: Curses, ninja'd again!
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 02:50:06 pm »

The only wounds that don't heal are missing wounds or spinal damage. Everything else will heal eventually, though it will be a while. Mangled limbs are nasty.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 02:54:40 pm »

Superdwarvenly tough - which means she could be better than that (as attributes don't have caps, they just stop describing anything better and better.)

And - my bad - I said "mangled" but I meant "missing" - it's dark grey (which I suspected before I looked from the dropped glove.)

She's passing out regularly (like every 10 steps or so), so she won't even be a good lever puller. 

<Eric Cartman voice>
Dammit!
</Eric Cartman voice>

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 03:04:17 pm »

Last time I checked, unless you have a Chuck Dwarvis, a missing limb doesn't return.  Sorry.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 03:05:01 pm »

Mwhahahaaha. Sucks to be her. How about having her walk across the ballista firing range? It would be a shame if she were to fall unconscious on the range, but accidents can happen.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 03:09:43 pm »

Nah, I'll keep her - I like the social challenges.  I even use hammerers and sheriffs and the economy all that crap.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 03:28:50 pm »

I like challenges, but the challenged are a rather different matter. At least she can't make mandates if she's unconscious. She probably can though...
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 04:26:23 pm »

Nah, rulers don't make mandates.

loser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 04:30:57 pm »

I like challenges, but the challenged are a rather different matter. At least she can't make mandates if she's unconscious. She probably can though...
Yes, I believe they do.  Except that I believe Kings and Queens do not make mandates.
ΘπÆ┼
What are you doing in my home?
It's a difficult question to answer.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 06:04:39 pm »

You basically have a handless ruler flopping around all over the fort.

Fun!
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 06:58:07 pm »

make a backup save and look in legends mode what lopped her hand off, tell us that result  :D

hrmfk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 07:08:38 pm »

Nah, I'll keep her - I like the social challenges.  I even use hammerers and sheriffs and the economy all that crap.

I have a lever at the end of a remote mine shaft littered with dwarf skeletons and hammers, and a neat looking door at the entrance of the shaft. Whenever new hammerers get here, we're like "Heeeyy! Dude! What's up! Come on in, make yourself comfortable, can we get this guy a drink? Oh, hey- actually, could you run down and pull this one lever real quick?"
Pages: [1] 2