Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Players/Judges: What should be done if Players haven't completed all 8 Game Years by the deadline?

1) Players will turn in their fortress as-is, at no additional penalty
- 45 (60%)
2) Players will be given a short extension, dependant on how near they are, and how many players are unfinished
- 27 (36%)
3) Players will be disquallified from scoring
- 2 (2.7%)
4) Something else (please explain)
- 1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52

Author Topic: [CONTEST] DF Masters 2: It's Over!  (Read 96201 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM2 Judging: It's Actually Happening This Time!
« Reply #735 on: February 03, 2010, 12:56:04 pm »

So now I'm down another two judges.

So listen to Retro when he says that judging is fun, and hurry up and volunteer already!

Otherwise I'll be forced to personally contact the people who've posted in this thread and ask them to judge, just so that I have more than two score cards.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[CONTEST] DFM2: $5 donated to Toady per Judge Scorecard. Support B12 by proxy!
« Reply #736 on: February 03, 2010, 01:09:12 pm »

Guess what? I'm signing myself up as a judge. And I'm donating $5.00 to Toady for every additional judge we get.

Uncle Urist wants You to judge Dwarf Fortress Masters. Think of Scamps... judge this game, and help preserve your Toady.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:17:35 pm by Solifuge »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

meh, I guess I can judge.

what do i have to do?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:08:43 pm by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really appreciate the support in getting this judged Jim and Solifuge. If I wasn't a competitor I'd definitely be willing to judge =/.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM2: $5 donated to Toady per Judge Scorecard. Support B12 by prox
« Reply #739 on: February 03, 2010, 05:36:56 pm »

Really appreciate the support in getting this judged Jim and Solifuge. If I wasn't a competitor I'd definitely be willing to judge =/.

As would I.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CONTEST] DFM2: $5 donated to Toady per Judge Scorecard. Support B12 by prox
« Reply #740 on: February 04, 2010, 04:18:07 pm »

As would I.

Same.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I'll add warhammer651 and Solifuge as judges. Four judges is a decent number; I can make do with that since the last one had only three judges. Thanks to both of you for volunteering.

Judges, the new deadline for judging will be Monday, February 8th. At that point, I'll make do with what I have. So good luck, and get your scores in on time!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:34:51 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

finished judging. scores submitted
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Hey, look! The deadline!

If you haven't gotten your scores into me yet, I suggest you do so soon. I'll begin the scoring process tomorrow, to give the remaining judges a last minute chance to finish things up. But once tomorrow comes, if I don't have them, too bad. I'm moving on.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm about to pass out from exhaustion. First batch of votes sent, and the rest will be done through the day tomorrow (Jim permitting). Commentary follows (scores omitted until after final scoring)

Martin:
Spoiler: Commentary (click to show/hide)

Magua:

Slogo: (Personal Favorite Fort!)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm about to pass out from exhaustion. First batch of votes sent, and the rest will be done through the day tomorrow (Jim permitting). Commentary follows (scores omitted until after final scoring)

Reading this, I just realized I somehow missed scoring the Creativity category for each fort. I'll go get on that now, Jim :\

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Layout:
The city seems divided between the surface and the underground. Nothing wrong with it, but efficiency and short trips is perhaps not one of this fort's strong points.

Short trips are definitely not in the daily life of the dwarves. Up until the final year I had a shorter path to the surface by connecting the tower to the surface level. This let the dwarves use the stairs to get up and out into the rest of the area. They also had all of the workshops on the surface or in the tower for the majority of my fort. Mostly because it took me a huge amount of time to carve out the Grotto and spiral ramps. Especially because I had a lot of disasters with the ramp.

It's actually not all that bad. Only the hauler, carpenter, and farmer dwarves have to travel a up and down the ramp regularly. The Grotto part is inefficient but it's not too bad. It was also going to be much worse, originally I planned to have the trade depot at the bottom of the ramp!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:30:02 am by Slogo »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Once all the scores are up you can quibble with the judges who gave you a bad score in some category all you want. But until then, no discussion about the scores, please. I don't want the judges influenced by discussion in the thread (though that's not really an issue since I've got most of the scores and we're just waiting on Solifuge).

But don't discuss them anyway.

I'll begin scoring sometime soon. Not today, tomorrow, when I have time to put all the scores in a spreadsheet and add up all the points and whatever else I need to do. (Also, I'm waiting on Solifuge.)

Shortly after I do that, the winners should be announced.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funny, I'm waiting on Solifuge too. That punk.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Funny, I'm waiting on Solifuge too. That punk.
Me too!

hmm. I guess I haven't touched the fort in months.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52