Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Seemingly innocent search terms  (Read 27608 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Seemingly innocent search terms
« Reply #285 on: September 04, 2009, 03:55:15 am »

Three words.

"The Common Cold."
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 04, 2009, 04:06:48 am »

One word: "medicine".
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 04, 2009, 05:19:26 am »

I discovered a cure for the common cold. I hid it on mars. Dracula's a nice guy, actually, once you meet him.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 04, 2009, 05:44:50 am »

One word: "medicine".
Won't do no good, unless you are so stuffed with antibiotics and preservatives that you'll likely poison your everything.

Note medicine generally works to strengthen the immune system. Won't do jack squat if you don't have one in the first place. Although I guess antibacterial would be best, as you would more than likely be immune to all viruses.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 04, 2009, 05:59:12 am »

Who said that we don't have immune systems? It's not like we actually invaded in the 19th century.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2009, 06:04:01 am »

Who said that we don't have immune systems? It's not like we actually invaded in the 19th century.
Complete biological separation for thousands/millions of years means evolution has done its dirty thing. We have diseases the world didn't know a hundred years ago. And they are just getting stronger and stronger. Unless you annually wipe out a quarter of your population immunizing your species(In which case, not terribly many of you to deal with), our diseases will kick your collective nasty asses. No matter what crap you've got inside.

And no making up "Well, we have nanobots which take care of us!" crap.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2009, 06:07:20 am »

Well now, thanks to the biological miracle known as "biochemical barriers" Your diseases cannot affect us, as we evolved separately, on completely different worlds. On the other hand, our diseases cannot affect you. Not that it matters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:20 am »

It's not even diseases that are the problem here, it is things like fungi and bacteria that would have a field day on a body that has no experience whatsoever with said fungi and bacteria. Actual diseases like viruses would indeed be completely ineffective on eachother, but minerals and biological tissues are equally edible for decomposers that are not being actively stopped.

But back to the topic at hand!

I'm actually too scared to search up anything with a -man or -man extension, as my imagination can come up with too much crap gay dudes would come up with.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2009, 06:16:23 am »

Hee!

I searched Olmman.

Only avatars.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:21 am »

I wonder what space alien jerky would taste like...

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 04, 2009, 11:52:03 am »

Hee!

I searched Olmman.

Only avatars.

Oh thank God.  That's one I'd definitely not want failing.  :o
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 04, 2009, 02:29:14 pm »

If you're made of meat, you'll rot.

And I'm sure the Mi-Go are from Rupert.

Space alien jerky didn't fail, but apparently there IS a restaurant called 'Alien Fresh Jerky'. I'm also discounting some 'artsy' (no bits showing) nude photos talking about space and lighting...

I also found this, which every needs to see (mind your SAN, even though it's youtube-friendly).

While we are... were... on Cthulu, how much Power do people usually have? 1d4?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 04, 2009, 02:32:28 pm »

3d6 POW.

And Duke and Martianemperor, come on.  Stop with the fighting.  Can't we all just get along?
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 04, 2009, 02:33:59 pm »

I take the blame for throwing TNME into argument mode. I was joking around about shooting elder gods with space cannons afterall.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2009, 02:35:19 pm »

Granted, it's easy material for epic imagery.

Speaking of which, a Cthulu campaign set on a space station would be awesome...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24