Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Lords of Creation Redux  (Read 11569 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation Redux
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2009, 04:01:18 am »

Hmmn. Shit is going down on the old terra firma.
A coin flipped itself in the void of space. It came down unhappy face up.
Time for the old righteous fury then.

Jester, to all
WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE DOING?
I GIVE YOU TOYS AND YOU IMMEDIATELY SEEK TO DESTROY THEM?
DO YOU THINK ME A FOOL?
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
THIS IS NOT THE GAME I ENVISIONED.

Jester, to Xanatos:
"Hee hee, you want to gamble, huh? Well, I never could resist a little gambling. Flip a coin?"

Jester, to wayock:
"If you should need a hand in quieting down this war just drop me a line, hey?"

How to fix this mess? Hmm. Wait for the other gods to respond first.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2009, 09:30:20 am »

A long moment passed while Scamander considered the proposal.  "Great spirit, I accept your offer."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:53 am »

Cog speaks "It will be done, the balance will now fall in your favour, be sure it is restored swiftly.", returns to its native form and then continues its task of seeking scribbly scribbles.

Give AP: 3 to Scamander(Tlaon) 0/3
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tlaon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:20 pm »

Flush with his newfound power, Scamander retreats to a more solitary locale and prepares to construct an artifact.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 04:24:20 pm »

The space around the smaller ball of rock began to fold in on itself. It looked normal to the larger, but if one were to travel there, they would find it far larger than it appeared. Titanically large, in fact, if you were to land on the surface you would see that it is infinitely large. A misty flat wasteland unaffected by the imperfections on the material plane.

Create Plane(Majasic): 0/3 AP Remaining

Light Gravity
Flowing time (One day on Majasic is one revolution of Majasic around it, which is around a month.)
Infinite
Static
Strongly law aligned
Impeded Magic
Coterminous
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 08:20:54 pm »

He had finally responded. A fool he was, but he was still a fool with power, power that he needed for himself. From his hammerspace sleeve, he pulled his dice of probability and rolled them. Two threes. A perfect 50/50 chance.

Could he win? Yes. Would he win? That remained to be seen. But the offer was the best he had, given the ludicrous price that Gammonius was charging for his own power. So he reached out through the ether, trying to locate the loony god, ignoring the shrieks of the warring Scribbles and crashes of the falling trees of his grove. When he found him, he sent out:

Xanatos to Jester:

"Yes. I shall give you a unit of my power should you win. You shall give me that in return if I win. One coin toss. I shall take the tail of the coin."

Now to wait and hope that probability took his side...
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2009, 03:33:52 pm »

Westryd finally realized what was wrong. the scribbles could only focus on one thing at a time. whether that be fighting or digging. Wedstryd would rectify the jesters grave error.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2009, 10:31:07 pm »

As cog roamed the planet it was increasingly rarer and rarer to find Scribbles not consumed by the conflict and those that remained would most likely not make the journey south intact. So Cog returned to the south and communed with Wheel. There was great concern about the growing hatred, it would not be easy to undo and could quickly destroy all trace of what the Scribbles once were. Cog once again took the form of a Scribble and appeared before the Southern Scribbles, attempting to guide their hatred towards imperfections and failures. It was a sad reminder of the past, the chaos and freedom of the old Scribbles was all but gone, but perhaps they would not destroy themselves and the memory would last...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:55 am »

Before Xanatos appears a shimmering bubble. Within floats a single coin, suspended by sparks of divine energy in raw form.

Jester, to Xanatos:

"Here is my coin. It doesn't have a tail, but you may win on the unhappy side if that is your wish. Flip, little coin."

Within the bubble the coin started to spin. Eventually it came to rest with a single side facing out of the bubble (regardless of personal orientation). Upon it was drawn a grimacing face.

"Hee hee, you win this time! Take my power, do. Play the game. You know where to find me if you wish to play again!"

The bubble floated towards Xanatos. Then, with a small pop, it burst, and the contained power rushed through the air and into Xanatos, leaving the air smelling of banana.

Give 1 AP to Xanatos: 2 AP remaining.
Long Live United Forenia!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2009, 06:44:50 am »

Xanatos face-palmed, using his other hand to wave the smell of banana out of the air. That Jester was truly insane... but still...

He now had the necessary power. As the bubble popped, he had felt his blood beginning to boil, as if invigorated, refreshed, and renewed, leaving him feel like another god entirely. He had never weld this much raw power before at once, and the sensation of such raw power was truly something else. Xanatos breathed in, smelling the clean, dewy air of his grove, intermingled with the rather unpleasant smells of the dead Scribbles below. He felt the tree he was on beginning to wobble in the breeze, heard the sharp sound of Scribbles hacking away at the tree in their mindless frenzy.

"Now is the time!" He thought to himself, as he folded his hands together and dropped to a kneeling position. He opened his eyes once more, taking a look at the destruction that folded out before him. His grove was a wreck, trees uprooted and aflame, the ground torn up and churned up by the Diggles. He focused intently on a pair of fighting Scribbles, weaving circles about one another as they sought an opening to strike. Any other person would have simply seen the two fighting. In ordinary circumstances, so would he himself. But now...

The power within him churned, making him feel hot and uncomfortable. He encouraged that feeling, let the energy flow, until it felt as if he was on fire. Xanatos strained his eyes, looking at the two Scribbles as if the world depended upon it. And for him, it did. And slowly, ever so slowly, his vision changed.

It was a subtle thing at first, but slowly, the Scribbles seemed to be losing color. So too, did the rest of the world. Slowly, bit by bit, the color was drained out of the world. The other gods could see nothing. But he himself knew what was happening. As his inner fire churned, so too did his vision. Things seemed to be blurred, less distinct at first. The world, to him, seemed to be falling apart into a mess of static. But then... the now gray scribbles expanded it seemed, infinitely so. The static coalesced, and stretched to impossible limits. The world as he saw it became gray, dull, and infinite, broken apart into infinite threads that stereched to the visible horizion and beyond. The world as he knew it was gone. And as the power within him drained away, the fire cooling as it did, Xanatos knew that it had been done.

He had broken past the material plane and into its core, where the strings of fate and probability were intertwined with all events that occured in the material world. He saw the string that intertangled with the fight he had, only moments ago, been witnessing. He saw that they were evenly matched, with a perfect 50/50 chance of either winning. And just seconds later, he saw the string crumble as the fight was won. Whomsoever won, he could not know, nor did he care to know. All that mattered now was that he was safe; and though he lacked the power to manipulate the threads of fate, he knew that no god could.

And here, he could plan out his next move. Here, in the Plane of Fate...

3 AP:Create Plane (Plane of Fate)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

0/2 AP

how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:16 am »

Every dawn Asari fled from his forces, returning at dusk once the threat of the sun had faded.
Every day had new cave scribbles slipping back to the caves to escape the sun.
Bit by bit the cave scribbles army broke apart and retreated to the safety of the caves.
But Asari didn't care they had acheived what he desired, countless specimins of other races had been dragged back by weight of numbers and held captive in Asari's larberinth.
He looked out onto the world again, seeing the choas that flooded the world.
He found himself hoping it would recede giving him a nice orderly world to disrupt...

Deorai

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Vengeance, Honour, Strength.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2009, 04:38:34 pm »

What games his brothers played. Little scribble creatures held their fascination, and distracted them from the possibilities this realm, and by extension, those connected to it. They all the potential to become paradises beyond compare, war-ravaged husks, or anything in between. It all depended on the whim of his fellow gods.
How unfortunate for the denizens of those realms.

But he would bide his time, and further his own goals. For what else was there to do, save for that? Each had their own purpose, even the Jester.
And for those goals, they would need allies. And how to win an alliance? Why, with power, of course. Power was everything. He who possessed the most power would inevitably rise to dominance, either out of love, fear, or respect. It mattered little.
Though he had little power left, for now, he had some to spare. Perhaps he could procure an ally with the offer of such a token gift.

Geimhreadh, to all:
"Greetings, brethren. I, am Geimhreadh, and under my dominion is the realm of all things Cold. Though I have only recently arrived upon this realm, I can see that you have wrought much in the short time you have been present. Though your goals are, as of yet, a mystery to me, I have for you an offer. I have some spare energy left after a few small tasks, and I am feeling somewhat generous. He who is most..Worthy, of said energy, shall have it. I await upon my peak, should any of you wish to seek me out for my offer."

And now, he would wait. If any would partake of his offer, he could possibly have a fledgling alliance at no real cost to himself. If not, well...He would rest, regain his power, and work on, alone.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »

{did we get points yet?If not consider this post non valid.Unless otherwise.}

Cristok look upoun the crystal-men withen the palace.They needed a purpose.He thought until he remember something from his past life and smiled.He wandered to the courtyard of the palace and took a crystal from his pocket and planted it withen the earth.He spoke words and grew a great forest made of crystal.The crystal trees extended up and down.((Use 1 ap to make:crystal forest.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:53:03 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2009, 11:45:51 pm »

Create Pantheon: The shadows. 1/3
Mould land: Barrier Range. 0/3

Wheel, dwelling in the plane of shadows, observed the shifting reflections of the Prime Material Plane. Feeling only chaos as conflicting wills pulled the world to fit an ever changing vision. Wheel Stretched its influence throughout the darkness and created a purpose, one will that many could join. Wheel then sent forth a vision to the wills that shaped the world, a vision of a barrier, a barrier of darkness that could not be pierced, and a sense of importance beyond the barrier, that something, a memory perhaps, dwelt there and must be protected, and an invitation to protect it, however, there remained an air of hostility, that those who were committed too greatly to individual aspects would not be trusted.

Wheel then pulled the earth from the ground, lifting it steeply to heights that could not be known from beneath them. Forging an impenetrable barrier around the southern end of the world, such that no existing path could intrude upon the valley within. Perhaps this would be a refuge from the violence beyond.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2009, 03:52:09 am »

Wayock went down upon the surface of the small world. Here and there drones fough against each other, locked in a never ending battle that had no purpose. Yet, still, he hoped, there would be a future for all races, something more than this petty fighting.

Wayock went down upon the world, he found a spot, it was a forest full of nourishing bushes and trees. Filled with fruit and berries, it could provide sustenance to even the largest of creatures. A small river ran through it, but it was devoid of life, not even an imp, a scribble or a diggle roamed. There, he lifted up that small portion of forest to immense heights. The river cascaded off, bot a largelake formed in the middle of this forest, within this plateau, he took branches off a tree, with the different sizes of branches creatures were formed, creatures from deer to bear. Those that lived in the forest. The prey fed upon the bushes, the grasses and the trees in the forest while the predators fed from the prey.

There Wayock submerged himself into the lake, sleeping, for he was guarding this place so it was pristine. However, here and there small trails led from the plateau down to the forests on the greater planet. Now and again small groups of creatures went down these paths into the forests of the greater world, they spread.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7