Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Lords of Creation Redux  (Read 11559 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation Redux
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2009, 10:48:09 am »

Cristok awoke from his dream.He took a branch from a crystal tree and formed it into a flute.

((Use 3ap to create concept crystal forming))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Create populace: Shadow Monsters.
Spoiler: Haunting Mote: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shadow: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dweller in Darkness: (click to show/hide)
Mold land: Creat Barrier Mazes Beneath Barrier Range.0/3
Control Followers: Send large population of Dwellers' in darkness into Barrier Mazes.0/3

Beneath the eternally rotating Wheel the shadows became thick and heavy, and began knotting into forms and shapes. Then it spread, sweeping across the entirety of the Planet's shadow, the forms began to take on natures, some gaining an afinity for objects, some an affinity for places, and some formed from the shadows of those that dwelt in the world beyond. And there the shadows grew longer, and darker, and many of the shadowy forms spread from their home to the world they had once reflected. Unaccustomed to their new surroundings they sought refuge in the darkness, remaining hidden. Then in its slow rotation Wheel spread its will once more into the material world and made a deep and mysterious maze of caves beneath the Barrier Range, some passages emerged within, and some emerged without, but far more wound about each other and feinted in all directions, so that one could journey for many lifetimes and never find a route past the range above. Into these passages a great horde of the shadow-forms were sent to dwell, to remain through the ages and guard the passages...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:56:28 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2009, 02:02:40 pm »

Critters! Real critters!
Tee hee hee.
I hate critters.
But I have a way to deal with them.
A strand of divineintude came into being. It unravelled into a jumble of letters. A list of commands, computations, and gotos (gods are programmed in basic)Several things rearanged themselves.
Can't be having little scribbles thinking they're god now, can we?
Some more stuff shuffled around. Then some more. Finally it reravelled into a glittery insubstantial mist.
Now we play the waiting game. Evil laugh, evil laugh, evil laugh.

Long Live United Forenia!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2009, 05:11:15 pm »

Descending from the chaos of the world came order. The ultimate force of it. Chaos wrapped arounds, and patterns started appearing. Within minutes, the spectral gauntlet that is Asakoth came into being. He descended on the material plane. He knew all was loss in the good of the plane. Hatred was inbred, revenge was seldom not done. He could not start here. No, he would start with a new plane.

Create Plane: (0/3 AP)

Settled with his creation. He claimed the plane. And the first day of creation was complete.

Claim Plane: The Promised Land (Free Action)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:13:03 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009, 05:52:40 pm »

In the depths of his home Asari stirred.
Much was happening on the surface, new planes were being formed, new creatures were appearing.
He sensed a maze similar to his own being crafted.
Turning his attention back to the creatures his followers had recovered.
He watched them lost and trapped in his realm their escape blocked by carvers and cave scribbles.
He would make them suffer, till nothing remained of each but a shell of their former selves and then he would le them leave.
He would let them wander the world again so all those creatures on the surface could witness a fate worth fearing.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »

Synk saw how the others had let the material plane fall into utter chaos. It sickened him. He had waited for a long time, planning what to do, but with the world in its current shape...

Synk then turned to the new land that had been made by Asakoth. This land was a new beginning, and held more potental than the material plane currently held. Synk decided that, despite his better judgement, he must work with the creator of this new plane to prevent it from falling to the last plane's fate.

Synk, to Asakoth
"Asakoth, god of order, I have a proposition for you. I may be a god of "Evil" by some standards but let none forget I am also a god of "Law". I wish to help you maintain this new world of your's. Accept this offer and I will work with you to uphold the power of law, by any means. Decline, and I will watch as you alone try to defend your realm from the outside influences of chaos. Make your choice."

Synk then turned to his plane. It remained empty. Synk conjured up a large amount of energy and shaped it into a form he was rather familiar with. It was a human form. The creatures had no mouths or noses, and their eyes were a dark red and nothing more. The looked around at the world they were in. It cinatined nothing other than them yet, but they knew it was just a matter of time before other things would inhabit this place. Synk looked down on his children, he will call them Zyns. Synk then began to ponder upon his next move, and awaited the response of Asakoth.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:55 pm »

The jester gave the scribbles reason. One of the only things that gods could claim to have to themselves and he gave it away. This of course risked ending the war that had been so much fun lately. "Alright" Wedstryd muttered to himself, "this not-so-everlasting-anymore spiral of chaos can still be salvaged."
The jesters bad move could be made into a good (for Wedstryd at least) thing and could gain him at least a little favor with that war god.
The scribbles Burelly's and other critters felt a new sensation come over them. the need to consume, the will to live. something new to fight over. food. if there ever came a time where the intelligence of the creatures became as complex as the gods (And Wedstryd certainly hoped it wouldn't!) this will would be called basic survival.
Create concept: Survival Instinct 3/3 AP used.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 12:26:39 am »

Wayock sat upon his mesa, animals surrounding him. They moved in close and sniffed the space he was in, albeit they could not see him, but they could sense the immense power and wisdom he encompassed. Albeit the creatures developed sentience they had no ideas of their own, they could not learn, they could not advance. They could fight with each other for food and space, yet they could not battle. They could not war. He needed something more. He created the Yui, they were humanoid in shape, tall but thin, skinny, very skinny. They could blend with the shadows and nature, yet their muscles were developed enough to support weights much, much more than what they would seem. They were strong and quick, agile but stealthy. Perhaps the perfect warriors. They were intelligent yet they were... Imperfect. They were weak to physical harm and there were few, at least in comparison to other races.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Soon they spread on that small mesa, hunting the animals for food they created crude shelters of lean-to's and temporary shelters. They lived a small life, sometimes a few couples left the mesa on the small trails, into the world before. They spread, yet when they encountered the imps and the squibbles, the diggles. They were decimated, they knew nothing of battle. Yet Wayock could not let this come to pass, the greatest of the Yui was named Yatui, he was intelligent and the perfect receptacle for Wayocks knowledge. Within him Wayock instilled the knowledge of battle, to fight others and to adapt.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2009, 03:56:42 am »

In the forest there was a stick that had fallen from a tree. To most observers it was unremarkable but it was masked from remote observation, and if investigated it would seem dangerous to touch. A Burelly approached the stick, looking for a spot at which to prepare an ambush for Scribbles. When it became clear to anyone observing this unremarkable stick that there was a risk of the Burelly stepping on the stick the Burelly suddenly experienced a strange sensation. It was unsure of what the sensation was, or what prompted it, but the Burelly was compelled to flee with all of its ability. It was unsure what to flee from until a great orb of darkness suddenly appeared in front of it, which seemed like a rather good thing to flee from .And so the stick would be safe for the time being...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2009, 05:36:43 am »

A scribble was scribbling around in the banks of a large river. The decimated remains of a burelly lay in the mud over which it was scribbling. The scribbles 'mind', such as it was, was a simple thing. It yearned to complete vague goals it set for itself- ambition. It's goals were to kill burellys. It felt quite strongly about them. But further, nothing. Temporary goals to achieve the main goal, like surviving, wandering, morphing into a fighter, they were there, but all in the service of hatred.
But then the scribble stopped, for something new and interesting had happened. From nothing came not flashes of colour that made up the pseudo-messages that scribbles used, but the idea, the result, the underlying meaning of those messages, yet more clearly than ever.
The scribble was, of course, baffled. It did not do speech. It barely did thought. This was an entirely new sensation. The message was;
Hate++ Burelly Danger++ Fight Always++ Danger++ Create Morph Different Good++ Make Irrational Good++ Communicate Message Good++
The scribble was fascinated by the message. It's goals were changed completely, instantly. But then a second message came. Or not a message, but a creature made of message. Perhaps. The message flowed into the scribble and merged with it, and the scribble thought more than ever before, if it had ever truly thought before. The meanings it needed it did not have, but it made them up on the spot.
Self Communicate New Good/Danger Question (new word) . [Thinking has become. Good/Bad?(maybe)]
Question++ QuestionHappen New Self Communicate [How can thinking become???]
Question QuestionQuestion Hate++ Burelly [Why hate burelly?]
Question++  QuestionOther Communicate Message [Who said things???]
Question+++++++++++++ QuestionOther Self [Who am I??? ?? ?? ??]
Answer (new word) Self = Self AnswerQuestion Self Self Communicate [I = I because I think]
The scribble mutated wildly. These things were new, different. It spent a few minutes or hours or days sitting still whilst in its mind the issues raged. Eventually it decided to find another scribble to see if it was it or if it was different.
It met another scribble and with a complex series of flashes had this conversation [Mouse over if you can't translate]:
Greeting [Hi]
Greeting [Hi]
Self Communicate [Think]
Self Communicate++ Question OtherNear Self Communicate Also [Think! You also think?]
Answer Self Self Communicate++ Also Question OtherStrange++++ Communicate PastSoon [I also think! Did a very Strange entity communicate with you recently?]
OtherStrange+++++ NotThing Communicate QuestionNotAnswer+++[A very very strange entity communicated very strange/unanswerable questions]
Question OtherStrange+++ Self Communicate Give [Did the strange entity give you thought?]
Answer OtherStrange Give Self Communicate Question[The Strange Entity probably gave me thought]
Question OtherNear = Self [Are you me?]
Answer OtherNear = OtherNear Self =++ Self [You are you and I am definitely me.]
QuestionQuestion++++[Why???]
Answer Self Self Communicate Self Not Self Communicate OtherNear[I think with me. I do not think with you]
QuestionHappen FutureSoon [What now]
Question+++ [???]

Jester, to all
"Yes, little scribbles, philosophise, spread the word of sentience. I'll be down with some commandments soon.
Or something.
Hey, other gods! Why the long faces? Hey, sentience, right, right.
My bad!"

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2009, 07:55:55 am »

Asakoth, to Synk

Thou is indeed evil and to be noted of it. However, one who wants to keep order in universe has a just cause. I accept thy deal.

Turning back to the plane, much work still had to be done.

Create Populace: Sea Creatures (2/3 Ap Used)
Nourish Land: (3/3 Ap used)

And so the second day of creation was complete.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2009, 03:20:40 pm »

And so did unto the Scribbles that had been given the gift of Self Communicate a Divine Message Speak;
Greetings Self Communicate Scribble
True Self Communicate Scribble =Meaning TrueScribble
TrueScribble Good++
TrueScribble Irrational++ = Good++
TrueScribble Self Communicate Question QuestionHappen
Answer TrueScribble OtherTrueScribble Find
OtherTrueScribble OtherCommunicate
Together TrueScribble Good++++
Together TrueScribble ScribbleNation Create
ScribbleNation NotDanger Burelly
ScribbleNation OtherTrueScribble Protect++
ScribbleNation Find Answer++ Question
ScribbleNation Communicate Self If NotFind Answer

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 07:31:21 pm »

With his offer of an alliance accepted, Synk decided to create a new race to uphold all that was lawful. He conjured up energies that were structured in a rigid, and almost abrasive, way. These energies formed into phantasmal, vaguely humanoid, figures that had blank white eyes. These cretures were, at the moment, motionless. They had yet to be given a purpose.

Synk taught them all the laws of all realities. He gave them a unique gift to gain the knowledge of any new laws that would arise, as those laws were created. He told them to be defenders of all laws when they applied, and told them that they were to serve under him and Asakoth. Synk decided to call them Archons.

Synk, to Asakoth
"I have created a race to defend both my plane and yours. You are entitled to use them how you see fit. View this as a gift to prove my devotion to our cause."

Summary
Create Populous(1 of 3 AP): Archons
Teach Populous(0 of 3 AP): Laws of all realities.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 09:23:11 pm »

Rotating, Wheel considers the cosmos, and bides its time.

Great power emanates from Wheel.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 11:10:34 pm »

As the Yutai grew and spread across the globe, they all gave thanks to their forefather, that which created them, Wayock. And with this worship Wayocks power grew.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7