Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Lords of Creation Redux  (Read 11568 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation Redux
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 07:40:44 am »

Deep in the south of the world a rapidly spinning disk with regular notches descended to the ground and became visible with the appearance of a Scribble, its patterns mimicked those of the surrounding Scribbles. And then more, it adopted into its patterns the most perfect examples if Scribbleness from all those within its senses. It built its scribble into an orchestra of scribbling, each moment more scribbly than the last. And then it vanished from sight, but many of the Remaining Scribbles were enamored with the scribbling, and sought to perfect their own scribbly nature. The spinning disc, Given the name of Cog, went seeking, seeking out those most scribbly of Scribbles and imparting upon them the same message, "go south, be scribbly"...

Beget god-ish: Cog
 Messenger, appears as a solid, rapidly spinning cog of reddish granite, can assume other forms, can vanish from mortal sight.

Direct Cog to encourage those Scribbles most similar to their original form to head for the south and pursue their own nature.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:43:43 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2009, 07:55:19 am »

Unaware of the battles waged above the cave scribbles had multiplied in safety sheltered from the Burelly threat.
But the caves had changed them, they were a darker colour than normal, joy and dance was absent replaced by a palpable despair.
Solemnly they twisted through bleak caves.

Asari viewed the world as it changed trapped in his self imposed imprisonment.
He watched as his lies became real, as the surface scribbles became violent as the surface was engulfed in war unending...
And yet there was little fear they fought because fighting was the only thing they had ever needed.
It filled him with hatred, even amidst such chaos and danger they still rejected him!
They would learn fear, they would hide as he hides now!
They will cower!
But what would such things fear? Asari pondered.
Pain.
The thought struck him as suddenly as his first encounter with it's meaning.
They feel pain, then they will fear torment and torture...

With grim satisfaction he sought out the mind of his herald.
He had a new message for it...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009, 06:53:40 pm »

The crystal one examined the planet.He took a single shard of crystal from his pocket and threw it down into the earth.The crystal grew into a palace with a locked door.The crystal god smiled.

((mold land:crystal palace.1/3))

He then took his essence and made a race much like him in looks but smaller and less powerfull.He named them the Crystalins.He placed them in the Palace and let them live.

((Create the crystalins:small (3-5 ft) crystal men.Weak.3/3 ap used.))

The crystal god decided to take the name Cristok.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 06:56:00 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009, 08:47:24 pm »

Cog receives a new mission and seeks out the source of the Scribbles' new element. From the shadows, Wheel observes Cog's efforts and notices Scamander. Cog goes before Scamander, assumes the form of a blacksmith, and speaks. "You have been noticed, you seem unlike the others that dwell here, you are offered great power for a time if you will accept weakness until the balance is restored, do you accept this?" Cog remains in place, awaiting a reply.

Claim Plane: the plane of shadow
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:40:05 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 07:32:10 am »

Wayock flowed to the unamed moon, orbiting the rock. On it was desolace all across its sphere. He descended upon it and from his beard he took a few hairs, he planted them in the soil and soon red trees and bushes were sprouting up everywhere, across this perfect sphere was soon a dense cover of forest.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

However this moon was too... Perfect. In a few places he gouged out large pits, he gouged shallow, but wide, channels between these pits. Creating a network of indentations through the world.

Wayock then let water flow through these indentaions, creating lakes and rivers.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 09:37:20 am »

Asari's herald spread new lies...about the war above and how it would find a way a down into the homes of the cave scribbles if it raged unchecked...about ways they could stop it...about punishing the "surface cursed".
The cave scribbles rejoyiced at an oppertunity to strike at the "surface cursed" that they had feared and hid from for so long.
Under the herald's guidence the cave scribbles formed simple organised units and a heirarchy of command obedient to the herald.
Create organization: Cave Scribble military 2ap/ 1 ap remaining
They organized and prepared to attack the surface.

Asari was pleased.
He viewed his followers as they practised war, entire legions fighting mock battles.
Soon...

Deorai

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Vengeance, Honour, Strength.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:36 am »

In the depths of the void, in which there was a pleasing lack of heat, and where cold reigned supreme, something stirred. It had sensed the balance being upset, and knew the cause of it-That enormous abomination of infernal heat, the "sun". The planet which moved within the sun's orbit knew only the stifling pressure of the heat, and knew not the sweet relief of the cold. Soon, however, that would change.
Rising from his slumber, Geimhreadh shook himself. There was much to be done, if the cold was to reign supreme upon this planet. First, he must establish himself and claim his territory upon the sphere of which so many of his fellow gods had travelled to. And so he did look upon the landscape, and he did find it wanting.
So he changed it to be more to his liking. Hooking a claw into the earth at the northernmost point of the globe, Geimhreadh drew it up, forming a gargantuan, intimidating mountain, which stood several miles high, with an enormous cave mouth near it's peak. Breathing upon it lightly, he stirred up a blizzard to surround the peak, quickly blanketing it in a thick layer of snow and ice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Examining his creation critically, he found it's barren beauty pleasing, but it would be unsuitable for his plans. And so he plucked a few hairs from his fur, and scattered it upon the mountain and the area in close proximity to it. The hairs writhed, and took the form of various plants and vegetation. This frozen bounty would serve well.

Better, but not perfect. He would need something to dwell upon his territory, and defend it in his stead, should he be unable. But what? He was beginning to tire, as the distance he had travelled was great, so he lacked the energy to create an entire populous. Perhaps he would see what he could come up with, and judge whether it was worthy to be the form of his chosen race.
Pricking his hand, he spilled a drop of blood upon the flat entrance to the mountain cave, and watched it form into a large wolf-man, very similar in appearance to his progenator, save for the odd crimson markings which ran across his fur.

Pleased, Geimhreadh  continued to observe his new creation with a somewhat fatherly pride, until a problem came to his attention. He had no way to communicate with his new son, save for forming an Avatar, which he did not have the energy to do. Perhaps a herald would do.
Forming a handful of snow and ice, he mixed it with a piece of his fur, and shaped it into a more pleasing form. The enormous beast stood on four legs, with silvery white fur, and possessed one red eye, one blue. He would name it Urketh, and it would serve as his envoy, for now.
At the moment, however, he would rest.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 04:41:30 pm »

Wayock looked down upon these Cave Scribbles. Before they had no purpose, but to continually wander inane things. Now, they had gathered into a large force, training and sparring together.

Excellent.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 05:51:55 pm »

Gammonius watched the little things fight among themselves, pointlessly...such a shame. It would take time for them to grow enough to realize that they did not need to fight, as long as someone else did the fighting for them...

He's turned to one of his crew-a formless mass of tissue he had found drifting in nothingness. He told him to go down and spread the word. He waved his hand, transforming him into a scribble-one with perfect lines and colors so bright you could barely look at him directly. One to be envied...

He watched with subdued joy as his herald moved across the land, making sure that those beings who desired power, but could not conceive of it, learned how.

Before he slept, he did one more thing. The Scribbles killed out of fear. The Burrelys killed out of a depraved sense of fun imparted from their master. The Diggles toiled endlessly. While this was all useful, it didn't produce long lasting opportunity for profit.

Now everyone would kill with joy in their hearts-it was not merely defending themselves, but taking revenge...on everyone.

He finished by writing a letter (red ink on silk parchment, very expensive) and placing it in the beak of a copper bird-he spoke the correct words, and the little machine flew toward Wayock, the proud warrior.

When it reached him, it opened to reveal a letter...

Gammonius, to Wayock
I think i did you a favor. The fighting will increase ten fold-have I not carved the heart of battle? Now, true heroes will arise. They will honor and empower those who bring the most suffering to their enemies.
                                       -Your friend, Gammonius
1AP remaining
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 07:12:52 pm »

In the dark depths of Asari's caves the tunnels echoed to the sounds of scribbles clashing and sound of large groups moving.
A strange anticipation hung in the air affecting even Asari.
But something was missing...
A scribble wandered past were Asari lurked oblivious to his existance.
Asari seized it casualy and watched as it struggled not knowing what powers pinned it in place.
Summoning the memories of all the pain and anger he had ever felt, he poured his emotions into it's body.
The paniced scribble thrashed about as it's body changed twisting into a new form.
It's lines grew longer, blacker and boney projections.
Soon it towered above normal scribbles, a vague humanoid shape comprissed of tentacles each covered with spines and ending in wicked blades.
Create subrace:Carver  Shock troops of the cave scribbles, Carvers exist for battle and are saddistic, vicious and distrubingly calm. 1ap/0 remaining ap
Asari modified more scribbles and watched them muiltiply, before turning his attention to other things.
Following the familiar path into his herald's mind Asari delivered a new message to spread: It's time...

The last rays of light glinted from the horizion before the sun gave way to dusk.
As the moon rose and the sun fell, the shadows of night fell upon the entrance to Asari's domain.
Stillness filled the air, eriee and suffucating.
They appeared in silence, ranks upon ranks of scribbles emerging from the cave, a massive horde spilling forth.
Each knew it's purpose, each was determined.
Asari floated above his army as it scribbled out from their home.
Groups of carvers moved between some of the larger groups.
As Asari's herald stood in the mouth of the cave as scribbles streamed past it watching the moon.
It shone brightly casting a red light across the emerging army.
When he first entered the cave it had been grey...the surface must truely be a dark place to have stained the moon.
He watched it a moment longer, a moon turned the scribble colour for danger.
He observed it's light as it bathed the army in a deep red, a warning to all that they were dangerous.
The herald rejoined his subordinate commanders.
They understood their tasks: kill or capture anything that lived and drag back any captives into the deepest sections of the caves.
Looking into the sky the herald finaly choose a name for this organization, the army of the red moon.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 08:06:06 pm »

They were all on the move. Xanatos sensed that the actions of the gods were causing the scribbles to turn into war machines, automatons hell bent on destruction under their respective gods. And thanks to one of the gods, the love for bloodshed was now in their minds, their souls. Xanatos looked down to the Earth beneath the canopy of his forest, where the Scribbles, Burrelys, and Diggles all fought, slaughtering each other, hatred for each other ever consuming. Below, in the cave network that he knew belonged to another god, he sensed even more Scribbles amassing for war. And on the formerly useless moon of the planet...

"No," Xanatos thought as he watched the Scribbles and their offshoots murdering incessantly. "I can't deal with this yet... I lack the strength." He knew that the various gods all planned something with the Scribbles. And here he was, right in the center of it all. The crossfire would undoubtedly damage him, perhaps even fell him? And then what? While immortal and invincible, he shuddered at the thought of falling to the mercy of one of his peers. In that, lay a fate worse than death...

"But what to do...?" His thoughts betrayed him; he had not thought this through. The dice he had previously rolled lay on a mass of leaves, they depicted a four and a six. Bad odds. But what else could he do? He had no allies amongst the gods, no help, only enemies, those he didn't know, and a mad jester...

"The jester... of course!" It was a long shot, a desperate gamble, and he would have laughed at himself for thinking of such a gambit in any other time. But desperate times called for desperate measures. He summoned his voice, and spoke through the ether, calling for the mad one:

Xantaos to Jester:

"Listen here, clown. I know we have our many, many, irreconcilable differences. But I know that you love games. So I have a proposition for you. We play a game. A gamble, if you will. And if I win, you give me the power to make my own realm. If you win, I give my own, fledgling power to you. Do we have a deal?" 
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:59 pm »

Gammonius was awoken by the anguish of Xanatos. Such a caring God, so selfless...so easy to manipulate...He went to the deck of his ship, and spoke across the gulf of time and space...

Gammonius, to Xantaos

My friend, I can feel your pain. Trust me, I to do not wish for all life to perish-what would be the profit in that? I see you need some power. I propose a deal. I'll give you as much as I can give now, providing you can pay back triple that in the future. How does that sound?

Gammonius, to All
My terms are set out-if anyone needs me, i'll be in my office.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 12:12:03 am »

Wayock, looking down upon the world.

These battles were... Wrong. They were fought not with sentience creatures, they were but pawns for the gods around them. It was sickening, underground they had a military that had no knowledge of fighting bar their natural abilities, no sense of unity apart from their hatred. They were a horde a lacked finesse, tactics and strategies. They fight for nothing else other than to fight, they fought for their hatred that was injected into them forcibly. If they were to go to war, they deserved the right to not go to war.

Wayock, to all.

"We have to stop this, now! Do not use senseless violence for no purpose other then senseless violence. Do not send these pawns into battle with nothing more than their will to survive. It is senseless and is of no use, what are you fighting over? A world covered with unnatural creatures, built to kill each other?

Don't doubt it, I like war. But I do not like senseless war. Stop this now."

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 02:45:12 am »

He jumped from his tree to the next, as the civil war between the Scribble species had escalated to the point where their fighting was beginning to have a negative impact on the environment of the planet. The Diggles dug massive boreholes to trap their fellow species and kill them, and the boreholes were beginning to weaken the ground upon which the trees had rooted. The trees were unstable, and one missed blow by a Scribble and...

Crash! The sound of a fallen tree resounded through the canopy of his forest, riffling the leaves and further weakening the already unstable trees immediately surrounding it. Dust flew everywhere, obscuring the fighting Scribbles, leaving only their dark silhouettes cast eerily against the dust cloud that now thickened the air of the forest. Xanatos instinctively rose a hand to his mouth, despite the fact that he didn't need to breathe. The destruction was already reaching a new height. He had little time left.

He then heard the call of Gammonius through the ether. It rung loud and clear, meaning that it had obviously been directed at him. He paused in thought, the only sound being the cries of the warring Scribbles and the ominous creaking of the trees. He was desperate, but Gammonius was a rather dark character... could he trust the god?

He then heard Wayock. His call spoke of sense and reason, but the God of War was the God of War, and Xanatos had no reason to trust that one either. But still, if the other Gods were to pay any attention, perhaps the destruction could cease, long enough for Xanatos to solidify his power base... but that was a far-flung hope. No, he had to consider Gammonius' offer...

Not yet. The Jester might still return his message.

Xanatos to Gammonius:

"You hold the misconception that I care for the life in this new game. No, I have my own goals, and plans to achieve. Your offer is interesting, but as I am sure you heard, my own offer was directed to The Jester. I will consider your offer, but only if I lack any other choice..."
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2009, 03:57:42 am »

Cog remained motion and emotionless before Scamander ignorant of the passage of time. In the far south the cold had discouraged the Burellys, and those Scribbles that held ambitions for prowess and fame found little value in remaining with those who sought only to perfect themselves. But the battles persisted, raging across the world. With no borders or beliefs there was nothing to restrict the conflict. Everywhere the Burellys ranged they would accost the Scribbles, and the Scribbles sought to be rid of the Burellys. The Crystalins hid within their castle, with no care for the world. The chaos was overwhelming the world and it would soon encroach upon the Southern reaches. Wheel observed, and rotated, where would the balance be drawn from if the world were overrun...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7