Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The adventure you would die for.  (Read 4983 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The adventure you would die for.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 06:03:41 am »

Name: Light Yagami (a.k.a. "Kira")
Bio:From Death Note. Light was a student that just graduated to college. On a bright sunny day he found a book with written "Death Note" on it. He soon discovered that it can kill anyone in any way possible. He quickly decided to become a god of this world and started killing criminals. I know that the series ended quite different, but let's say that they caught him and threw him in jail.
Crime: Killed over a thousand crimals and various policemen and the best detective ever lived "L". If im in expect a lot of hilarious crimal murder.
Powers: Actually he's a normal human. Except the fact that he's a genius. He needs his death note to kill people. With it he needs somebodys name and face to kill them in any way imaginable with maximum planning of 28 days. The rules for the death note are very broad, so I won't go into detail here. There are many gods of death carrying death notes. So it's quite possible that there's one around here...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 08:40:51 am »

Just to let you know Lui Kang is alot like kira in the fact that he kills alot of people in order to make earth better aka I'm not a criminal, in the sense that I didn't do it for self gain or evil reasons. That and I like death note so I'd hate to have to fire ball your face just before I die.
Nom nom nom

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 09:33:38 am »

I would never go on a random rampage. Kira is not that stupid.

Besides he kills for justice and I don't see him killing his only way of getting out just for fun.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 09:46:41 am »

Are we allowed to take Captain Ironblood?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 10:06:54 am »

Please allow him to take ironblood!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 10:07:21 am »

Name: Gogo
Origin: Final Fantasy VI
Bio: No one knows what past this man/woman has. He was found in the belly of the "Zone eater" by the former Returners, and helped bring down Kefka and end his age of ruin. Some people claim him to be a traveler of worlds, others theorize that it's actually the lost airship pilot Daryl, the former partner of renowned gambler Setzer Gabbiani. Most, however, just sees him/her as a mysterious person who has mastered mimicry.
Crime: Mimiced a firaga spell when assaulted, killing 18 innocents in the process.
Powers: Gogo is a fabled mimic, being able to copy the moves of his friends and enemies, though he needs to have seen the ability in question to do so.
Appearance:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:10:47 am by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 11:13:38 am »

Fine...

Name: Clyde

Origin: Pacman Games. (Being chased through all kinds of diabolical facilities meant to toughen him up.)

Bio: After being on the run for years from secret agent Pacman, the feds finally caught up to the wily ghost that has eluded them for over a decade. Clyde is heavily into drugs and goes into extreme bouts of schizophrenia and runs away at almost superghostly speeds whenever he sees the color yellow.

Crime: Stealing experimental meds from government facilities.

Powers: Superghostly strength and speed whenever he sees yellow, and the ability to eat (almost) anything.

Appearance:

Also, he's unable to talk. Fun challenge thar, doncha know?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 01:16:00 pm »

so when is this thing starting?
And is it just me, or will about half the players start in the overpowerdness section?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 01:17:34 pm »

Just wait for luke to come, eventually.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »

Well, the fact that this did not die overnight must mean something. To be honest, I was expecting you guys to pick the more obvious choices.

Name: EVE
Bio: "EVE (Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator), a sleek, state-of-the-art robotic probe whose main function is to locate vegetation on Earth to verify its habitability. She is designed with a white, egg-shaped body with nanotech/energy binding pivot points (fingers, arms, and head)[citation needed], she moves around by a form of antigravity technology, and is equipped with scanners and a plasma cannon in her right arm (the latter she is quick to use, and harshly, even at the slightest provocation). She is initially a cold and hostile robot who is only concerned with her mission but does display basic emotions." For a little twist this is not THE EVE drone that is a main character in the movie, but a random other one.
Crime: Temporal displacement, due to her craft falling into a [gravity related technobabble]. When she woke up she and the ships (nonsapient) black box were the only surviving subsystems. Oh, and she went on a bit of a rampage when she realized this situation would prevent her from completing her mission.
Powers: Wach the movie. The most notable for an RP like this however I think is superstrenght, flight, and having a plasma gun for a hand.

I'm going to have to go with "No" on this one. Mostly because there seems to be a logic failure about putting a robot in jail rather than dismantling it.

Name: Prokhor Zakharov

Bio: One of the leaders on the expedition to alpha centauri, after the unfortunate events that lead the the fracturing of the crew, he rose to command a faction of his own. There, the time-lines split. In some he rises to rule the world, in others he is ground beneath the wheels of history. In a few, he grows to command the main personality of a psychic planet. From Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Crime: Horrific crimes against humanity involving the electronic nerve-mutilation of rioting subjects and the usage of weapons of mass destruction.

Powers: Hyperintelligence, possible Cybernetic/Biological enhancement, extensive knowledge of all kinds of technology, extremely extended lifespan.

Good

Bio:From Death Note. Light was a student that just graduated to college. On a bright sunny day he found a book with written "Death Note" on it. He soon discovered that it can kill anyone in any way possible. He quickly decided to become a god of this world and started killing criminals. I know that the series ended quite different, but let's say that they caught him and threw him in jail.
Crime: Killed over a thousand crimals and various policemen and the best detective ever lived "L". If im in expect a lot of hilarious crimal murder.
Powers: Actually he's a normal human. Except the fact that he's a genius. He needs his death note to kill people. With it he needs somebodys name and face to kill them in any way imaginable with maximum planning of 28 days. The rules for the death note are very broad, so I won't go into detail here. There are many gods of death carrying death notes. So it's quite possible that there's one around here...

Awesome. Just remember that you won't have the death notes on you.

Two problems of that: Ironblood is overpowered (not like that has stopped many of you...) and has not comitted any crime that would have his fellow dwarfs have him arrested.

Name: Gogo
Origin: Final Fantasy VI
Bio: No one knows what past this man/woman has. He was found in the belly of the "Zone eater" by the former Returners, and helped bring down Kefka and end his age of ruin. Some people claim him to be a traveler of worlds, others theorize that it's actually the lost airship pilot Daryl, the former partner of renowned gambler Setzer Gabbiani. Most, however, just sees him/her as a mysterious person who has mastered mimicry.
Crime: Mimiced a firaga spell when assaulted, killing 18 innocents in the process.
Powers: Gogo is a fabled mimic, being able to copy the moves of his friends and enemies, though he needs to have seen the ability in question to do so.
Appearance:

Mimicry makes this one too over powered. Beside, accidental killing counts as man-slaughter. This prison is for real dangerous people

Fine...

Name: Clyde

Origin: Pacman Games. (Being chased through all kinds of diabolical facilities meant to toughen him up.)

Bio: After being on the run for years from secret agent Pacman, the feds finally caught up to the wily ghost that has eluded them for over a decade. Clyde is heavily into drugs and goes into extreme bouts of schizophrenia and runs away at almost superghostly speeds whenever he sees the color yellow.

Crime: Stealing experimental meds from government facilities.

Powers: Superghostly strength and speed whenever he sees yellow, and the ability to eat (almost) anything.

Appearance:

Also, he's unable to talk. Fun challenge thar, doncha know?

I saw the name, and I thought "Clyde Barrow? hell ya!" then I learn that it's the ghost from Pacman. Try again.

I'll start once i have some of the mapping done.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 06:30:40 pm »

I actually knew I wouldn't start with a death note. You stated it very clearly. Besides all 3 notes in Tokio were destroyed anyway, so I just have to find a death note dropped by a shinigami semewhere in this jail...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 07:33:27 pm »

I actually knew I wouldn't start with a death note. You stated it very clearly. Besides all 3 notes in Tokio were destroyed anyway, so I just have to find a death note dropped by a shinigami semewhere in this jail...
The odds approach zero.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vreau

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 11:29:18 pm »

Name: Durzo Blint
Bio: Expert Assassin who cares about (essentially) nothing
Crime: 157 count of murder, 43 counts of arson, 27 counts of high treason, 18 counts of grand larceny, murdering the prince.
Abilities: (beware of overpowerment, but this follows exactly with the book) Skill in Illusion and Manipulation magic, Proficient with Pikes, Spears, Halberds, Shortswords, Longswords, Crossbows, Bows, Throwing weapons of all kind, Hand to hand combat, Staves, Two handed Swords, and knowledge of herblore.

If hes too overpowered I have a backup.
"Damn it! I just dropped my girlfriend on spikes!"
-Spelunky

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 12:35:53 am »

Name: Durzo Blint
Bio: Expert Assassin who cares about (essentially) nothing
Crime: 157 count of murder, 43 counts of arson, 27 counts of high treason, 18 counts of grand larceny, murdering the prince.
Abilities: (beware of overpowerment, but this follows exactly with the book) Skill in Illusion and Manipulation magic, Proficient with Pikes, Spears, Halberds, Shortswords, Longswords, Crossbows, Bows, Throwing weapons of all kind, Hand to hand combat, Staves, Two handed Swords, and knowledge of herblore.

If hes too overpowered I have a backup.

Perfectly OK, but my knowledge about this partiular character is limited to what you've told me.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 01:11:35 am »

Just a note, but I think you'd want Provost to be in the low-tech part of the jail. The man has who-knows how much experience with supertech.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 [2] 3