Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zork is kinda fun.  (Read 3022 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Zork is kinda fun.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 09:51:26 pm »

This is an important thing to do, I think it's kind of cheap due to the commands you have to (and don't normally) use. Open spoiler if you are stuck with access to the forest/canyon/house.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 02:54:08 pm »

To the guy who said you can't open the egg: You are so wrong. It can be done without breaking it.

I did not say it can't be opened.  I said "You don't."  Which is both true and helpful, though it requires an insight.

*blinks*

*facepalms*

This is an important thing to do, I think it's kind of cheap due to the commands you have to (and don't normally) use. Open spoiler if you are stuck with access to the forest/canyon/house.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I actually had more parser related issues in other, non-infocom games. I downloaded a bunch of Steve Adams games once (Spider-Man, Dracula, etc). Practically unplayable, due to horrible parser and utter lack of anything resembling descriptions.  >:(
On the other hand, Adventuretm was fun even while it was killing me!  ;D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 10:31:25 pm »

I don't think this even deserves a spoiler- heads up, the lantern will go out eventually, so turn it off when you're in a lighted area.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 2 [3]