Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem with modded metal  (Read 459 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Problem with modded metal
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:37 am »

I've run into a slight problem with a modded metal (Mithril), i made the ore in the matgloss_stone_mineral txt, then i made the metal in the matgloss_metal txt and made the ore smelt into one of the metal. So far so good, load up and dig around a bit and poof, there's mah mithril. Smelting it gets me a mithril bar, excellent!

Except apparantly i can't do anything with my mithril bar; whenever i try it complains that it can't forge a mithril warhammer, because it needs mithril bars; a big pile of mithril bars are on the next level up in the bar\block stockpile.

They're not forbidden, i only just smelted them dammit!

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with modded metal
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:20:38 am »

In order for use to trouble shot effectively you need to copy and paste into a post the exact things you added (so the raw data for the ore/stone, the raw data for the metal and the raw data for the reaction (if any)).

I'd first check to see if there is a pathing problem between your smelter and your forge as this sounds more like it might be the case or it might be that all of your bars are tasked for some job (hauling is a job so if they are tasked to be moved somewhere like another stock pile, you won't be able to use them until they arrive). If you can build mithril warhammers but you need the bars and you have bars it probably isn't your mod that is the problem.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 09:24:14 am »

Definitely no pathing problem; the dwarf running the smelter is happily grabbing ore and dumping the mithril bars into the stockpile, and the smelter is right next to the forge. There are no other bar\block stockpiles on the map yet.

Here's the matgloss_stone_mineral entry (it appears in Alunite for testing purposes, since i wanted to be sure i could find it easily.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's the matgloss_metal entry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:46:56 am »

I just solved the problem; turns out one of my Mithril alloys was named 'Mithril', instead of the correct alloy name. So my dorfs were complaining about not having any alloy bars, not any mithril bars XD

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 10:10:00 am »

I just solved the problem; turns out one of my Mithril alloys was named 'Mithril', instead of the correct alloy name. So my dorfs were complaining about not having any alloy bars, not any mithril bars XD

Ah, been there done that.