Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilizations  (Read 499 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Civilizations
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:53:36 pm »

Looking through the different information on the embark screen, I've noticed some things form using tab. Mainly, the civilization screen(s), and I had some questions about them.

1) On the screen that lists the different races, sometimes there is a dark red line next to them. What does this mean?
2) Is there any way to tell what resources each dwarven civilization carries before you chose to embark with them?

EDIT: In Hot climates, will a running river evaporate in the same way as muddy ponds, or will there be enough water coming in for it to still be used as a water source?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:55:12 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilizations
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »

1. the dark red line (which shows up next to the goblins)... means war. (as far as I know)
2. ehh... if you go to each city they own, look at thier stone layers, and cross reference them with the wiki and the stones that those stone layers contain... just pick the largest civ, they will uasually have the important stuff (turtles, bauxite).... there might be a tool out there... someone else will be more helpfull here)

3.brooks and rivers will not dry up.
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:30:19 pm »

The dark red line means that the civ is aggressive and will attack you eventually. It's not quite the same as active war but the only difference as far as I know is in the way worldgen treats it.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:37 pm »

The dark red line means that the civ is aggressive and will attack you eventually. It's not quite the same as active war but the only difference as far as I know is in the way worldgen treats it.
I think an "at war" civ will send sieges sooner, as soon as the necessary triggers are met.  A civ marked with the dashed line will only send snatchers at that point; the sieges come a few seasons later.