Kilakan
- 6 (66.7%)
stonemt
- 0 (0%)
Jetsquirrel
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49

Author Topic: ARRRRRR T D! Turn 35! Redwall Has Nothing on Cookie  (Read 56355 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: ARRRRRR T D! Intermission! Q&A Time!
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2009, 09:27:57 pm »

So it's not going to turn alive and kill the Guild for us? No hidden value that causes it to shoot fireballs? Doesn't act like a security camera/alarm? None of those? Darn.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2009, 09:43:32 pm »

i believe you lost it becuase of that one pose you did 1 or 2 turns ago
Back to Mafia with me!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:48 pm »

How flexible is the skill system? For example, what if some had the action "I learn the powers of the ninja" and they got a 5, what would do?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2009, 04:55:06 pm »

Guys, I am SO sorry for my absence. I had to have surgery for my knee. It was urgent, and I was in the hospital since Monday with no internet access. This is by no means dead, but is still on hiatus as I work out a plan. Expect a turn up by next week. We shall fight through the pain! 

A: Diakron was right. It's gone. The ship is still named Ozymandias, but without its symbol.

A (to Luke): Depends. A ninja could be many things. I would have to make multiple skill rolls for each skill of becoming a  ninja, if you make the achievement roll to begin with.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2009, 07:40:14 pm »

Q: any ideas how long until we get back at this? if not i will get to work writing up a new rtd to replace my lost one.
Back to Mafia with me!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2009, 07:47:50 pm »

A:As soon as I cancan find a surface to roll PHYSICAL ACTUAL DICE on, it will be back on track. I'd say within 7 days, probably less.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2009, 07:53:22 pm »

Arr!  I be makin' me own bio by then.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »

i used the floor :P it was flat(ish)
Back to Mafia with me!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2009, 07:33:09 am »

What sort of technology exists in this world?
Are perpetual-motion machines commonplace?
Are there any famous megaprojects?
Has anyone struck uranium?
Do Dwarven Atom-smashers leave no residue?
Can we have a rough world map?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2009, 06:15:45 pm »

What sort of technology exists in this world?
Are perpetual-motion machines commonplace?
Are there any famous megaprojects?
Has anyone struck uranium?
Do Dwarven Atom-smashers leave no residue?
Can we have a rough world map?

1. You can expect a roughly Warhammer style technology level for most, with some distinctions:
* Humans are not as advanced as having discovered steam power, but are on the verge of it. If this lasts long enough, I may delve into its discovery.
*Dwarves are comparable to the Dwemer of the Elder Scrolls lore, with the capability to create highly advanced machinery, given the era. However, it is highly rare to see it outside of their kingdoms, with the exception of Dwarven Ironclad ships.
*If you've played Overlord 2, you know what the Elves are like.
*Goblins are slightly behind Dwarves in their technological capability, but can only sustain it with magic.
2. There are a few:
* The Indomitable - A Dwarven airship (think Star Wars, not a Zeppelin) roughly the size of a city. Requiring insane amounts of power to use, it is only deployed in times of war, and is armed to the teeth with cannons, has room for a crew of almost a thousand Dwarves, and a secret weapon that is so powerful only the Dwarven King knows its function. There is a rumor that this weapon is the reason the Dwarves lost their magical ability, back in the First Age.
* The Kingdom of Crystals has a large tower named the Keep of Aluaris, the first city of the Kingdom grown to massive proportions and named after the third king, Aluaris the Stout, who led the besieged forces of his city against Goblin invaders in the War of Three Kings in the year 87 of the Third Age. There is little magical to it, but in DF terms it covers a 6x6 tile map entirely, with a total of 30 z-levels.
* There is a large Labyrinth in the Northern Isles built by a long-dead Dwarven civilization that is said to have a great treasure hidden within. However, since their fall it has become a city of Skill (My new, non-copyrighted name for the Skaven of my world).
3. Yes, but he died of radiation poisoning soon after. The only uranium deposit is so concentrated that if you come near it, death is almost instant.
4. Atom smashers do not work here. A lack of oil for the bridges now causes them to move too slowly to completely crush those caught underneath.
5. I cannot reach my scanner as I am bedridden, so I will, until then, leave you with two things: A very basic timeline, and a description of the world.

DESCRIPTION OF THE GEOGRAPHY OF THE GAME WORLD:

All right, there are 6 main continents-
1. Telessia, at the Southern reaches of the world (you are there now), which is home to the Kingdom of Crystals, and a few tribes of Lizardmen dotting the far corners. It is mostly rolling plains, with a large plateau in the western area, which holds the keep of Aluaris. You are in Tallow-Cliff, which is at a peninsula jutting out of the northeastern corner, and is adjacent to the Klithis Lizardmen tribe.

2. Varroc'Car, to the west. This is the most war-torn continent, and the most varied in climate. Along the shoreline is a series of marshes home to the Elves known only as the Songbird Elves. Deeper in is a desert home to a rugged human group known as Mythran, a nomadic people that move from oasis to oasis in an area roughly 14,000 square miles in total. To the south of that, there is a range of mountains known as the Ragged Spine, where the only remaining Dwarf civilization lives, the Grimullt. To the north of the desert lies the humans known as the Youngblood, a barbaric collection of tribes that only appeared in the late Third Age, and has little in the way of civilization, technology, or ethics. They fight amongst each other and the other peoples constantly.

3. The Dark Halls, to the northwest, a dreaded place where the undead and other, unspeakable horrors roam. If there are people that live there, they are trapped by the demons surrounding them, and cannot communicate with the outside world. It is a dead land, with only a few patches of grass amongst a bleak landscape. It is believed that in the Second Age, those that lived here were destroyed by a series of volcanic eruptions brought about by the gods, and now serves as Hell, where all evil souls are sent upon their deaths, to serve as thralls to whatever lurks there, hidden from the world.

4. Everlight, to the Northeast. Here, the closest to civilized Elves you shall find reign supreme, with all other races either wiped away or given a place in the middle and lower classes of their Kingdom. The most serene and peaceful of all the nations, this kingdom named for its continent contains many races in it, though the Elves are decidedly above the rest. They are, however, influenced by lesser races, and have nearly as much in common with humans as their barbaric cousins to the west.

5. Beast Country, named for its lack of organized government. Dozens of fishing villages and sleepy towns dot the landscape, but have no single ruler and are plagued by beasts of every sort, whether they be Skrill, Lizardmen, Trolls, or anything else that inhabits a peasant's nightmares. The area is only mapped about a hundred miles inwards, after which it is impossible to know what lies within.

6. Fellweather, to the Southeast, is the land of the goblins. It is heavily forested, and brimming with wildlife, save for the Northwestern quarter, which has been cut down and industrialized (magically, since they're goblins) into a single megacity, where the Goblins' industry is put into full effect, being both a trading hub and a massive factory; the Goblins import food and other vital products in exchange for textiles, machinery, and other more luxurious products.

There are obviously many islands and such, but those will be discussed LATER. As for now, TIMELINE!

You are currently in the year 568 of the Fourth Age. The previous ages lasted 700, 2000, and 500 years respectively. Many kingdoms have come and gone in this time, and if you wish you may seek out the knowledge of these peoples in libraries, though the information there is limited. You could also attempt (though you may not be very successful) to find a being that has lived through all those ages, who might be willing to share his take on those events.

Note: I have found a solution for my dice problem, and a turn will be up tonight or tomorrow.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2009, 09:08:32 pm »

damn bra thats some details
Back to Mafia with me!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2009, 12:46:30 am »

Thankyou!

We need to set up a hidden base near the dark halls. We can't live thee obviously, unless we find some effective way of keeping the undead out, but it would be great to have a stash someplace that nobody sane would ever follow...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: ARRRRRR T D! Turn 18...
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2009, 04:35:16 pm »

TURN 18...

Night falls, and the party begins. You all get to your stations...

Quote from: ToonyMan
Agree to Shamus's plan.

Use Smee as human spy and have myself as his slave.

Muahaha.  Bring Gilbert for the funny.
You join up with the others in front of the gates, waiting for it to be opened. [5] Gilbert entertains a man standing next to you; apparently he has either no sense of humor or a love of grating, ear-raping sounds. [1] He is the town's poop-scooper, cleaning up after all the animals and less-civilized people in town.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Practice acting like a slave.
You serve as a fellow slave to Shmee, and attempt to grovel at the feet of a man by you. [4] He hears your plea, and tosses you a penny. [6] He then walks over to Shmee, and begins to whisper something to him.

Quote from: Diakron
have bob go find some armor and sword while i figure out my ring.
[2] Being a demon, Bob knows he will find no armor that can fit him here, but obediently goes off in search of some. [6] Meanwhile, you sit and stare at the ring, contemplating it. Then you hear a voice. No, not a voice, but it's telling you something all the same: Put it on. You do, and are filled suddenly with a power unlike any you have felt before. [4] You manage to take it off before you are overwhelmed. You wonder at this little marvel a while longer and pocket it as subtly as you can.

Quote from: Frelock
Train with Olgar on long-range sniping through windows
[1+2=3] You and Olgar spend some time sniping, but accomplish little.

Quote from: RAM
Ewwww, disgusting vermin, I jump back and roast the gnomes with fire magic!
[5] You launch a fireball perfectly, hitting the group of gnomes head-on! [4][5][1][1][3] Two of them are roasted and die, while another is burned. The other two seem very angry at this turn of events.

Quote from: Errol
Seek a cannon and attach it to my left arm.
You grab a cannon from your ship, and begin the operation. [6] It attaches to the armor perfectly, and lights up with a blue light. The armor seems to be powering the cannon itself! A flash of blue light shoots out from it and vaporizes a section of a nearby wall.

Quote from: Luke_Prowler
Agreeing to the plan, I go find something sharp. After all, what is a surgeon  without his knife?
A very poor surgeon, something akin to Dr. Zoidberg. [1] Armok looks upon you with glee, and zaps you, quite literally turning you INTO Zoidberg. So yeah... (-2 to all diplomacy; NEW ABILITY GAINED: Ink Pouch)

Quote from:  Kilakan
I'll help Ram by finding the fighting then shooting the nearest, still living gnome.
After that I'll help anyway I can with the side-quest.
You run up, and see three gnomes still standing, and attack the wounded one! [4] You hit him in the torso [1] and the shot bounces off completely.

Quote from: stonemt
practise dual wielding and prepare for slavery. and glare. because its fun.
[6] You duel-wield like a god. Strangely, I can think of nothing witty to add here. You then head to the party and act slave-like. But you glare at a passing stranger, [3] who shrugs it off and walks away.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
>Throw it at the nearest player
What. The. Fuck. You run up to the crowd near the party, and throw the firebomb, [5] exploding in the center violently. [6] It kills everyone there, except [5] the players and the crew.

Well, that's one sidequest quite thoroughly avoided, as you shall see from Smee's action.

Allied Actions

Quote from: Captain Boozebeard
Be unconscious.
[5] He performs this action quite well, laying on the ground and allowing the man in the cloak to continue to annihilate the goblins.

Quote from: Smee
Listen to man's whisper
The man explains that he and 3 of his colleagues in the crowd are in fact the heads of a prestigious organization known as The Guild, and would like Smee to join them, based on the wondrous assortment of slaves that he collected. He then immediately dies in a hellish flame, along with anyone not amongst the crew.

Quote from: Shamus
Be shocked.
Shamus stares in disbelief as a ratlike man runs up to the crowd and throws some sort of hellfire into the crowd, leaving them to burn and die in agony. The crew he had assembled returns to the ship, feeling somewhat dejected.

Enemy Actions

Quote from: Drunk Goblins (2)
Kill da 'Umie!
[1][2] The goblins seem completely unable to even touch this mysterious man, as their blades enter his cloak, but do not touch flesh.

Crappy Plot-Saving Mysterious Stranger's Turns

Quote from: ???
Kick ass, take names
The mysterious man takes another swing at the larger of the goblins, [6] slicing his head clean off. As the corpse slumps to the floor the man pivots and attempts to slay the final goblin, [3] but their apparent leader leans back; the blade only cutting the tip of his nose.

Quote from: Crazy Gnomes (3)
Kill the mean one!
The gnomes rush towards their picker-upper in a fury and attempt to gnaw at him! [5-1][4-1][2-1] One succeeds, tearing away the first layer of the epidermis!

Characters:

Quote from:  Urist McPirate (RedWarrior0)
Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat Preference (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Edward "Silverlash" Teach (Diakron)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Toonymanner (ToonyMan)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Fre "Cookie" Blackflag (Frelock)
Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Blackjack Blue (RAM)

Quote from:  Axle "Two Holes" Gear (Errol)

Quote from: Luke Blackriver (Luke Prowler)

Quote from:  "Killer" Khan (kilakan)

Quote from:  John "Laugh and Die" Doe(stonemt)

Quote from: Jets
Spoiler: Effect (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Quote from:  Captain Boozebeard
Spoiler: Effect (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Ragnarok

Quote from: Bob

Quote from:  Smee

Quote from:  Shamus

Quote from: Gilbert Gottfried

Quote from: ???

Environment:
Warning bells sound throughout the town as the guards are summoned. They know that the rat was part of Boozebeard's crew, and now you are all wanted as accomplices. You and the crew flee back to the ships, narrowly escaping the guards. Meanwhile at the tavern the hooded man performs an acrobatic maneuver and leaps behind the goblin leader, gutting him. With the threat removed he grabs Boozebeard and leaves the bar in a rush. He makes it to the ship, carrying the Captain past you all, and into the infirmary. He performs an operation, cauterizing the wound and effectively saving the Captain's life. Without a word he heads to the Ozymandias' lower decks, taking an empty bunk and laying down.

Locations:

Quote from: The Fugly Duckling
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: People Inside (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Ozymandias

Quote from: Tallow-Cliff

Let me know if I've made any errors.

Never before have I known the true meaning of rage.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2009, 04:46:01 pm »

Is there a kill the GM option?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2009, 04:47:57 pm »

No, but you can pray that Armok will change you back. He just might.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 49