Kilakan
- 6 (66.7%)
stonemt
- 0 (0%)
Jetsquirrel
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49

Author Topic: ARRRRRR T D! Turn 35! Redwall Has Nothing on Cookie  (Read 56359 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: ARRRRRR T D! Intermission! Q&A Time!
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2009, 09:30:26 pm »

Q:  Is it possible to kill Gilbert?
I ask.

Q: What would the prostitute side quest have led to?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2009, 09:33:26 pm »

Q:  Is it possible to kill Gilbert?  /jk
He is your familiar now. You can kill him all you want; the problem is he's just going to keep coming back.

Q:  Is death permanent?
Death is permanent, for the most part. In my mind, there are two one-use ways to get around death that you can find. Mind you, your spot will be taken up if you die, but if you manage to find the workarounds (which are going to be both extremely rare and extremely difficult to reach) then you are added regardless.

Quote from: zchris13
Q: What would the prostitute side quest have led to?
It would have been kind of a nod to a similar Elder Scrolls: Oblivion quest, where they would have tried to seduce you, get you to remove your equipment, and then rob you.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2009, 09:34:57 pm »

Q: Could we have recruited both them and their pimp bodyguard, and have had him slap people?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:21 pm »

Q: Could we have recruited both them and their pimp bodyguard, and have had him slap people?
No. They had no pimp, the prostitution thing was just a ruse to get you inside their lair. And more importantly, they wouldn't join you, as their REAL business was more lucrative than prostitution, and even some unlucky pirating.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2009, 09:42:30 pm »

So it would of been quite the epic fail of a side quest?  That's what I thought it was going to be at the time.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2009, 09:47:25 pm »

Well, for one, it would have given you access to their pretty pile of loot. Second, it would have made the guards nice to you, giving you a safe haven should you ever need to run from anyone.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2009, 10:01:42 pm »

Q: do you know what you are going to do with my "Champion of Armok" status?
Back to Mafia with me!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »

Q: do you know what you are going to do with my "Champion of Armok" status?
A general idea. It's going to be both a combat boost (when it benefits Armok [most of the time] as well as a boost in other areas that help him, such as provoking fights. It will also allow you to take command of Armok's innumerable numbers of soldiers.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2009, 11:48:54 pm »

Q: How did I get dabbling magic as a dwarf?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2009, 12:52:44 am »

Should people do silly stuff with magic, like giant animals made of fire, or skating across the ocean using ice magic? Or should we stick to, "I shoot fire at my enemies, they burn"...

Should we consider arrows to be as randomly lethal to us as they would be in DF adventurer mode?

Does it seem likely that we will end up being the most powerful people in the universe after a few lucky skill rolls?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2009, 02:27:13 am »

Q: Is ammunition considered in this RtD?
Q: Am I actually able to use Frost Bolt? (Silly question, but meh)
Q: How high is the realism level in this RtD? Is the Rule of Funny/Rule of Cool considered?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:25 am »

Q: How did I get dabbling magic as a dwarf?
Your martial trance was acquired in a way that can only be described as magic. It's going to be a plot hook much, MUCH, later; for the sake of not spoiling it, that's all I can say.

Quote from: RAM
Should people do silly stuff with magic, like giant animals made of fire, or skating across the ocean using ice magic? Or should we stick to, "I shoot fire at my enemies, they burn"...

Should we consider arrows to be as randomly lethal to us as they would be in DF adventurer mode?

Does it seem likely that we will end up being the most powerful people in the universe after a few lucky skill rolls?
1. Anything goes in this world. Magic is magic. However, if it's utterly ridiculous, there will be penalties, depending on just how ridiculous it is.

2. No. If you're very accurate they could be just as deadly, but not in a "pierce-every-organ" way, more of a "lucky shot hit your throat/brain" way.

3. You will not be. As of now, you are actually rather unknown in the pirating world. There are many pirates that vastly outnumber you, and considering Farceface alone gave you so much trouble, you really should fear the greater pirates (Lore hint: The greatest privateer in the Kingdom of Crystals has Power Armor)

Quote from: Errol
Q: Is ammunition considered in this RtD?
Q: Am I actually able to use Frost Bolt? (Silly question, but meh)
Q: How high is the realism level in this RtD? Is the Rule of Funny/Rule of Cool considered?

1. It is not. That would be very hard to keep track of, and pretty much pointless, as you could just say that there was a restocking every time you go to port, not to mention the ammo dumps in the ships themselves.
2. Of course. That was actually an error on my part when you failed. I believe you failed to cast it anyways, but don't worry; in the future, feel free to cast it.
3. This is meant to be as entertaining as I can make it, therefore Rule of Funny/Cool always applies. However, that does not mean that you can get away with OOC references (much), or other insane things very often. But for example, if you kick a whore in the crotch, and she rolls a 1 to avoid damage, Armok may intervene enough to give her testicles, just to make it that much more painful.

If something funny happens that isn't based on the current situation in any logical way, expect Armok of Gilbert to be behind it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2009, 12:31:41 pm »

gahhh let's stop the god damn Q&A and get a move on.
Nom nom nom

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2009, 12:49:26 pm »

Did you not read the thread? he's got a broken knee.

Is there any purposte to my statue, other than be awesome?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2009, 09:25:57 pm »

Did you not read the thread? he's got a broken knee.

Is there any purposte to my statue, other than be awesome?

A: Well, you made the ship slightly less ugly, and I just felt like giving a nod to another forum game, a rather awesome one at that.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49