Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Time for a creepy thread!  (Read 19873 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a creepy thread!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 05:28:36 pm »

Truth be told, as I was reading the stories, I thought I felt something tap on the back of my chair, and I immediately thought "GODDAMNIT I'M NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!" and I threw a wild elbow at the empty space I thought someone would have to stand to tap on the back of my chair.

Then I watched the Disney Channel for a half-hour to calm down.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:45:03 pm by chaoticjosh »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »

I only feel safe by cinderblock or brick walls when I'm spooked. If your in the middle of a room or sitting down in a chair, you feel like someones sneaking up on you. If you back up to a wall, you feel like something is going to punch through or phase through. But I have a panic shed that I built for history class which I can retreat to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was originally supposed to be a bomb shelter, since we were covering WW2, the era of hiding under desks to prevent bombs. Wait... Cold War maybe? Dunno. Teacher said that it was ok to build it like a shed if something prevented us from putting it completely underground.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 07:15:58 pm »

You know, the Antichrist is the one who is supposed to unite the world under one order and put an end to all wars, and cruel leaders are the ones with iron fists.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 08:33:18 pm »

The creepypasta can be pretty good, but it's ruined by all the "Go to X and do random specific things and you will find something vaugely weird or unknown. Dun dun dunnnn" crap. Usually the parodies of it are better than the real thing.

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 08:36:57 pm »

Every creepy thread needs this

I'm a horrible person now.  :-\

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 08:56:41 pm »

*image*

To everyone who's wondering what this is, it's one of the sightings of the Slender Man.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=782683
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 10:22:37 pm »

Legend has it that if you travel east to Japan, you will find an old man living on the coast just 40 miles south of Tokyo. If you give this man $500,000 he will take you to an island just off the coast that can't be found on any map. This island is filled with people without faces or names, who hold grudges over the most trivial of matters. When you arrive at this island the first thing you will see is a swimming pool that is never open. Just beyond the pool you will find a town that is filled with cats. You must find a white cat wearing a pink bow. If you ask the cat how to get to Mexico, he will stand up and ask you for three things: Your name, your face, and your soul. If you agree to give them to him, your face will vanish and you will forget your own name. You can live on the island and have whatever you desire, but you can never leave the island. The only way to escape is to find the cat again and ask for a young child. The next day a van will pull up in front your house. You will hear a knock at the door, and a voice will ask if you want to come to a party. No one knows what happens if you answer the door.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 11:55:58 pm »

Haha, to be honest, I'm actually deathly afraid of wide open areas or large empty rooms. Because most ghost stories take place in the opposite of that, I'm not particularly freaked by any.

Does anyone else have a fear of big empty rooms. When I went back home, my parents were staying in this new bungalow with no furniture inside. So I slept in a 10m x 10m room with a 3m high ceiling with no furniture save my one air mattress. The windows were huge, ceiling to floor ones that stretched across the room, with no curtains or blinds, so you could see into the garden from there.

Yeah... it was freaky sleeping in the middle of that room on that one air mattress, exposed to the whole world.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009, 12:00:11 am »

Haha, to be honest, I'm actually deathly afraid of wide open areas or large empty rooms. Because most ghost stories take place in the opposite of that, I'm not particularly freaked by any.

Does anyone else have a fear of big empty rooms. When I went back home, my parents were staying in this new bungalow with no furniture inside. So I slept in a 10m x 10m room with a 3m high ceiling with no furniture save my one air mattress. The windows were huge, ceiling to floor ones that stretched across the room, with no curtains or blinds, so you could see into the garden from there.

Yeah... it was freaky sleeping in the middle of that room on that one air mattress, exposed to the whole world.

Agoraphobia, or just intensely crippling paranoia? I know that when I was younger, maybe 8 or 9, I read the Zombie Survival Guide by that Brooks guy. Terrified my poor little self. 5-6 years later and even though I can read books about them and see movies and play games with zombies and be fine, I'll still get nightmares intense enough that I won't be able to sleep for the rest of the night, literally.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 12:10:21 am »

Definitely not phobia level, but it's enough to keep me awake the whole night scared of an invisible, retarded fear.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 12:12:58 am »

I understand where you're coming from. I literally have phobias of the most unexpected (as well as the most expected) things like that. Open areas, windows, corners, the woods, the dark, and much more. You might be able to say I think of Phobias as pokemon if pokemon forced themselves into pokeballs you didn't realize you had(I'm a nervous, paranoid wreck, made all the worse by the fact that my mom lives in the middle of the woods and when I go to the bathroom I have to walk through the dark house and look out the window and oh god I'm so thankful I'm in college most of the year).

Also FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (pronounced: Eff yooooooou) now I am deeply embroiled(is that the right word?) in this whole Slender man business FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

EDIT: Be lucky it's not an actual phobia umiman...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:14:40 am by Chutney »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 12:21:44 am »

It sucks how you know it's completely irrational and you shouldn't be afraid, but there's nothing you can really do about it.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 01:39:16 am »

*image*

To everyone who's wondering what this is, it's one of the sightings of the Slender Man.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=782683

Gee. I wasn't planning on getting any sleep tonight anyway. Thanks.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 01:45:08 am »

That's the fun of creepy stories, after all.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10