Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Time for a creepy thread!  (Read 19850 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a creepy thread!
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2009, 04:56:24 pm »

Slenderman is the fakest of them all.  They didn't even pretend it was real when they made it.

The best creepy thing I've seen was on /x/.  If it was fake, it was very well done and the guy had us going for hours.  Eventually the thread went under when someone claimed the images produced were from an obscure French movie.  He later came back and said he had made that up in an attempt to pressure the OP into producing more evidence, but since everyone's anonymous there's no proof it was really him, and we'll never know what happened.

Anyway, the guy (Allegedly) was in a somewhat slummy part of town when he found a computer in the dumpster.  He wanted to see if any of the parts were salvageable, so he took it home.  It worked, and out of curiosity he looked through the computer's files for anything of interest.  Just about everything had been deleted, but he found a file called Barbie.avi in the system32 folder.  When he watched it, it was like an hour long and showed a woman being interviewed.  There was a lot of static and you couldn't hear what they were saying, but as time went on she got more and more distressed and at the end broke down crying.  At some point in the video she started pulling on the skin on her arm like she was unhappy with it (This is important).

About ten minutes after the interview ended, the video came back to show the camera being carried, pointed toward the ground, along some train tracks and then through the woods on a trail of wooden planks before ending.  The guy recognized the train tracks from the video and went over, walking along them for an hour or so before he found the plans.  He followed them to an abandoned house, took some pictures, and then went inside.  This is where things start to suggest that (Assuming he was telling the truth) he was in way over his head.  The house, while being trashed and derelict, was clearly still occupied, and had a folding table and some chairs in the living room.  The basement door was locked, and had clearly been installed recently.  There was a tarp, still wet, in the bathtub.

At that point he heard a noise which he later decided was probably a pipe moaning.  He ran away, like just about anyone would've done in the situation.

On the thread, he showed us the pictures of the house, the door, and the tarp.  When pressed, he produced a screenshot of the woman being interviewed, and later, the woman pulling on her arm.  The expert photoanalysts (herp derp) of /x/ noted that it was the same woman and the same video, based on her jawline and the background, and demanded the full video.  He was afraid whoever made it would notice and track him down.  Everyone pointed out that that was a retarded fear, but the video never appeared.  Speculation abounded about what was going on in the house.  Most of us said there was a snuff studio behind the basement door, although later someone suggested it might be a back-alley plastic surgery ring, which explains why she seemed unhappy with the skin of her arm.

Then the aforementioned guy said the woman was in an obscure French movie and the thread promptly died.  We never found out if it was real, although we can say with some certainty it wasn't, since nothing on /x/ is real.
Shoes...

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 05:01:27 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:27:06 pm by Stany »

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »

Slenderman is the fakest of them all.  They didn't even pretend it was real when they made it.
They're all fake, along with every horror film ever made. That doesn't make them less scary, unless you're fighting to not be drawn in, in which case it's all rather pointless.
Hurrah for suspension of disbelief.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2009, 05:52:48 pm »

They're all fake, along with every horror film ever made. That doesn't make them less scary, unless you're fighting to not be drawn in, in which case it's all rather pointless.

What can I say, I'm a douche.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2009, 06:11:40 pm »

Derp, de derp derp...OH GOD.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=676566

Waaaait a minute, that's that dude from that thing.

I've seen that before.

As in, on T.V. or somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 06:20:08 pm by Jackrabbit »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2009, 07:23:27 pm »

OH GOD.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2009, 07:28:37 pm »

Bleah. Just a well-done rumor.

If you really want to scare someone with one of the smile.dog fakes... maybe make a .gif that goes from an innocent image, after a couple seconds, to Mr. Shoopyscary. That might at least make some folks jump.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2009, 02:21:22 am »

Did nobody repost this? Sure, some of you might have seen it, but it's hilarious.

So, once I was alone in my home, playing metal slug 3. All sudden, I got urge to phone-prank someone. So, I called totally random number. Some guy answered me, and it seemed that he had making-out session with his girlfriend, so I said to him "What are you doing to my daughter?". So, the guy tells his girlfriend that his dad called, but I could heard her say: "My dad is dead."
Then guy yelled "THEN WHO WAS PHONE?", and quickly ended the call. That yell really freaked me out.
But then, true thing that creeped me out was that I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD DAUGHTER, OR THAT I WAS DEAD.

Fridge Logic at its finest.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2009, 02:30:04 am »

That's hilarious.
Seems you need to catch up. Think about if one of us died, and the posts kept being posted.
Creeepy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2009, 02:39:31 am »

Honestly, that's been a plan of mine for a while. If I were to buy the farm, I'd want someone to make a last post from me and change my title to 'memory' and my signature to "heh, you're reading the words of a dead man." I actually have several documents hidden around requesting someone to do that if I'm dead.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2009, 08:11:44 am »

A degenerated VHS dub was discovered in the University Library containing five minutes of inexplicable amatuer footage.

In one continuous shot, the camera momentarily focuses on a doorway on the north wall of a living room before the operator climbs outside of the house through a window to show the exterior white clapboard. The camera then moves inside the house through a second window completely circling the doorway and so proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that insulation or siding is the only possible thing this doorway could lead to. A hand appears in the frame and pulls open the door, revealing a narrow black hallway at least ten feet long. The camera begins to move closer, threatening to actually enter it. A voice can be heard, "Don't you dare go in there again, Davy," to which another voice adds, "Yeah, not such a hot idea."
That one is from House of Leaves. Good book.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2009, 12:21:46 pm »

I don't like the person that posted the picture of the creepy face.

Angellus

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2009, 04:52:14 pm »

Another good one:

"Daddy, I had a bad dream."

You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness — it's 3:23. "Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?"

"No, Daddy."

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. "Why not sweetie?"

"Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up."

For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift.
I really liked that one.

Also, I do not understand this one:
A degenerated VHS dub was discovered in the University Library containing five minutes of inexplicable amatuer footage.

In one continuous shot, the camera momentarily focuses on a doorway on the north wall of a living room before the operator climbs outside of the house through a window to show the exterior white clapboard. The camera then moves inside the house through a second window completely circling the doorway and so proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that insulation or siding is the only possible thing this doorway could lead to. A hand appears in the frame and pulls open the door, revealing a narrow black hallway at least ten feet long. The camera begins to move closer, threatening to actually enter it. A voice can be heard, "Don't you dare go in there again, Davy," to which another voice adds, "Yeah, not such a hot idea."

Could anyone explain?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2009, 06:46:20 pm »

There's a hallway in his house that shouldn't be possible but is, and it's all dark and spooky.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:42 pm »

Angellus: The house is bigger on the inside than on the outside. That story is part of a book, House of Leaves. Read it. Or don't, if you value your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10