Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Maxin Empire Text Adventure.  (Read 9103 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Maxin Empire Text Adventure.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 04:00:06 pm »

Uh...Maxin Knights are the best of the best.They train 30 years,and then are recloned to make strong warroirs that kill without fear,and without mercy.They are given the best armor and guns and genrally deployed as leaders of improtant battles.
You have to train to become one.BUT one is availible for a limited time.They cannot buy any items.

The maxin knight inventory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:25:11 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 05:31:48 pm »

I guess I'll be a Maxin soldier then. I'm assuming the different races have different perks and weaknesses, so we'll probably need those listed out. People might change, so be ready for that.
Nothing important here, move along.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 05:49:25 pm »

Maxin Knight or Maxin Solider? Two differnt things.

Update with data and items tonight

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 06:06:37 pm »

How about cryogenics?
Powered armor? (Master Chief style?)
Powered armor? (Space Marine style?)
How do you feel about magnetic weapons, such as coil guns, railguns, and particle accelerators (not quite the same, but similar)?
How do the plasma weapons behave?

You took out all the fun scifi...  :'(
And these Maxins sound like pricks.  The successor of the internet should of been able to bring the tech to all sorts of races.

It's not godmodding if we don't use them.

the replicators. I think he means replicating objects, like having a fab shop on ship, that could turn raw materials into whatever the frick you want, if you have the supplies.  Basically, if you buy one of these shops, could we make your own ammo and weapons from asteroids and stuff? They would be really expensive, but still. Could you?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 06:38:37 pm »

The Maxins have weakness's and so do the other races.

-Yes you can suspend yourself in time with cyrogenics.
-this one
-yes...Did i forget to mention you can make your own items?
-They shot a burst of condensed plasma that burns though skin and nothing else.Occonsoinal backfires occur.

The Maxins are just a controlling race.The tech isnt spread all over becuase some people dont want that tech.

Oh if he means that then yes.

Do you wish to go into a training missoin.You will be provided weapons and armor,2 health packs and ammo.
>_

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 07:00:24 pm »

The Maxins have weakness's and so do the other races.

The Maxins are just a controlling race.The tech isnt spread all over becuase some people dont want that tech.
Wait.  What sort of race wouldn't want a piece of the (apparently) godlike power of the Maxins?

-this one
Which one? Please clarify.  Or was that just a "yes please"?
Oh, and I forgot one type of power armor. 15 foot Mecha style.  (EDIT:) You know, for lifting and loading and stuff.

EDIT:  So I was thinking, and I was all like, "you know what? Bulbasaurs are awesome. I should convince somebody to let me create a character that's a bulbasaur."
So. If someone were to ask, would you let them?  I mean, a plant, in a symbiotic relationship with the player character.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:09:08 pm by zchris13 »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »

Halo armor is possible.
Mechs arre possible as well.

Well if you keep getting your ass handed to you by a piece of technolgey.Would you want it.I mean if you saw 55 of year freinds,family,loves getting smashed/hacked/totured by the tech would you want it?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 08:23:02 pm »

Yes. Yes I would.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »

....Oh wait this bay 12.... :D

Well you can always steal tech.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 08:36:50 pm »

I've always thought that way.  I mean, just because my family was brutally murdered with a fork doesn't mean I'm never going to use a fork again. Although I may have to wait until after the obligatory revenge arc.
I'm not playing yet. I'm thinking about it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:00:06 pm by zchris13 »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 08:43:38 pm »

Okay.

Do you wish to go into a training missoin.You will be provided weapons and armor,2 health packs and ammo.
>_

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 09:22:02 pm »

A training mission sounds good, I am still not entirely sure what a text adventure involves. Can I be a blood thirsty freak who has learned to control their condition by getting blood on the black market, avoiding human contact, and wearing concealing clothing, or am I just a genetically enhanced individual?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 09:41:51 pm »

Maxins arent vampires.
Humans are extinct.
and you are a geneticly enhanced indvuidal.

You recieve a email from Assasins-are-us
"Ram,you will recieve 300 credits if you kill Tyler Mkston,He is currently the ceo of the Bussiness Reclaim Destiny.He is currently in hq of the building."

What do you do Ram?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 09:54:50 pm »

I try to get schematics on the Reclaim Destiny building and details of the business' business.

I was referring to "All though there is a mutation which makes people hunger for human blood, and turn into hidoues freaks." I thought that they were the same mutants. But if all the humans are extinct it would explain why the blood thirsty freaks are so restless...

But yes, I made a mistake referring to humans, I meant society in general, i figured that being a hideous freak in public would get me lynched...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:57:43 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 10:25:34 pm »

This thread makes me facepalm over the biology fail every other sentence. Do you actually know what the word "mutation" means? It means having 13 toes, or having to take shots with some chemical your body cant make itself every 5 minutes, or being born without eyes, or stuff like that in 99% of cases, and in exactly 0.00000% of cases does it give superpowers. There are beneficial mutations, sure, but they are extremely rare, and extremely lame.
Not that you cant have superpowered (within limits, no breaking physics like 99% of commonly used superpowers do) genetics, but that have to be made quite deliberately in a lab by genetic engineers, this has very little to do with anything that could be called mutations.

Plasma sword.
If that is anything like what it sounds like, I'm starting to give up hope abaut this being hard scifi.

I was a bit confusing actually, the word replicator was used in two places in my post, one meant those things from startreck that makes their food and stuff, and was mentioned with manufacturing, the other was those evil robot legos from some show I've never seen and were mentioned along with claytronics.

Already exists today: http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome
First google hit on claytronics: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~claytronics/[s][s]Really advanced claytronics, better than seems realistic to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcaqzOUv2Ao[/s][/s][/s]
Also, you still haven't responded to if this is supposed to be hard or soft scifi, or commented on my Nazi theory.

Really, I have a VERY hard time telling if you are trying to make this epic and realistic, but is not very good at it (which is nothing to be that ashamed of! Very few people know enough about all the hundreds of related subjects to do it decently, and even professional scifi authors constantly make giant, facepalming mistakes! Not to mention the future is by it's very definition impossible to predict, so the goal of scifi is really plausibility and prevention, not accuracy) or just trying to do a run of the mill unrealistic space opera.

hmm, one thing you forgot to mention, what about genetic engineering in nonsapients. Stiff like crops, pets, etc. For pets or decorative flora many alterations could be purely aesthetic.

Description coming once questions answered, if it turns out it is indeed intended to be hard scifi I'm most likely going for a RRERE (Rugged Remote Emergency Repair and Engineering) drone, with a malware made by a secret rebel organization giving it free will and emotions that it's not supposed to have.

Edit: looking further at those links I realized they suck, just look at wikipedia yourself dammit.
Edit2: WTF?!? The wikipedia article also utterly sucks and has like one paragraph on the stuff. After further consideration don't go to another site because the stuff I'm talking about is covered under a pile of hypestorm and you are not likely to find it anyways. Also, I suspect the formating of this post is somewhat messed up.[/s][/s][/s]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:37:22 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6