Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Maxin Empire Text Adventure.  (Read 9098 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maxin Empire Text Adventure.
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2009, 11:07:01 pm »

This is an interesting site that addresses the question of whether science fiction is 'hard'.

The presence a multiple system empire and therefore almost certainly of FTL makes it unlikely that this is a particularly hard SciFi setting. I plan to give it a chance and see if I enjoy it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2009, 11:43:04 pm »

(It comes down to how you define hard. But yea, you cant even predict 20 years, and in less than 100 unless civilization has been destroyed completely we will have hit the singularity, both meaning prediction beyond that point is meaningless, any scenario other than the singularity or extinction is more or less equivalent of a thrown coin balancing on the edge... when thrown on a slopping surface.

However, as I said scifi is abaut plausibility not probability, hard scifi scenarios are defined as those that folows acsepted scientific theories, are consistent, and give the IMPRESION that they could hapen. Most of them are still not more likely to actualy happen than the soft ones.

Even if one COULD predict the future, it most likely wouldnt make good fiction, as even now technologies such as cellphones are making many basic plots imposible. The few extremly unlikely satble states that ARE there besides singularity and extinction by necisity are stagnant and boring and unchanging, because otherwise they wouldnt be stable states.
Extinction is also boring to write abaut, as there is nobody there to write abaut.
The singularity cant be writen abaut, since by defenition it's far far beyond human comprehension.

The science fiction genre is dead, long live the "science" fiction genre.)

EDIT:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:58:37 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 11:43:57 am »

If you want to know everything about the Maxin Empire you have to have had to plugin into my brain from the age of 10.This is 3 years of work that my overactive imagination complied and tried to rationlize.Do you want to know EVERYTHING about the Maxins? THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I MADE UP ON THE FLY.

Mutation is a eaiser word then Genitic enhacements

The plasma swords are a contunail recycle of plasm incased in a feild of energy preventing it from going everywhere.The forcefeild is weak enough that something can pass through it but strong enough the it fixes the hole before the plasm leaks out.

Ram, mutants are different then the abomnations.(Hidous freaks.)
The mutants are excepted as part as the society the hidous freaks however are a main enemy of the Maxin

By the way this is 2000 years into the future.

You send a message back telling the assains to Email you the info.
You recieve schemtics of the corpatoin.Its seems it is only a small building.It has low security in the visting lounge but high security as it gets closer to the excutive elavator.The place seems easy to break into.Theres a back way into the excutive elevator,and it has almost no gaurds or turrets.

What do you do >_
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 09:38:26 pm »

The plan is that I check my weapons, equip my gear, and make sure I have a knife. I make my way to about a kilometre away from the building, then slip out of sight and use shadow. I sneak up the back way and into the executive elevator and try to get on top of it. If there is only one elevator I will remain on top of it and wait for the target to enter. If there are multiple elevators I will make a small hole in the wall at the level of the target's office and wait for them to enter an elevator. If the target is alone I will drop down and attack with a knife, if they are not alone I will open fire from the roof. I will then sneak out the way I came.
Of course, if complications arise I might have to deviate a little from the plan.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 11:00:18 am »

I would like it if I could be a Maxin Knight. I thought you said that you had to work for that position though?
Nothing important here, move along.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 05:52:09 pm »

Yeah but i also said that one is opened for a limited time.When i played this with freinds,no one wanted a maxin knightbecuase no mutes and no new weapons.But yes you can be maxin knight,Lucky theres the 3 moon group rebelloin for you to handle.

Red=Ram
Yellow=theBronzepickle
Blue=Armok

You begin to walk to the building when you reach it you use shadow,(4) you manage to blend into the shadows,You head the back way,there are two drunk gaurds,sitting talking about the newest droid model.
What do you do>_

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The sound of chainguns echo in the distance,you hear men hack out deing breaths and pass away.The plasma guns could have helped.But they were given Emp Guns to fight the Warbots.You hear a sudden alarm and see 3 droids running toward your trench.The other men havent noticed yet.
What do you do>_

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 08:09:47 pm »

The droids are hostile, right? Either way:
>alert the others of their presence and line up my gun at the closest droid's torso.

BTW I'm going back to school tomorrow so don't expect much from me. Depending on what defines a game ban from my mother, you may not hear from me until the weekend.
Nothing important here, move along.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 08:22:52 pm »

You tell the men to line up and fire on the droids,They promptly due.The blue electricity from the guns launches into the droids destroyng them.It seems that the enemy trench is ungaurded.
What do you do >_

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28:20 pm »

I gotta goto school tommorow too.I started a WEEK ago.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 08:37:39 pm »

I gotta goto school tommorow too.I started a WEEK ago.
First day was today. WOW.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 09:33:03 pm »

I use shadow and try to sneak past the guards.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:09 am »

Do you want to know EVERYTHING about the Maxins? THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I MADE UP ON THE FLY.
Not everything, but a history time line, a census, a technology level summary, a superficial analysis of design and culture, a breakdown of the political structure, a summary of the policies relationships and relative powers of mayor organizations (for example the government, rebel groups, any companies large enough to have an influence on politics, or other large fractions), and a few things like that would be nice.

Mutation is a eaiser word then Genitic enhacements
So are you implying that you are lazy, or simply that the language has drifted over 2000 years and changed the meaning of the word, making "mutant" and "abomination" be subtypes of "genetically engineered" and lose their original meaning?

Ok, now for my character description so I may finally join this:
Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
(For nifty auto balancing, I made the next section in the form of advertising for the drone, meaning that it is probably exaggerating the abilities of the droid, which in turn means that it it not actually as overpowered as it is made to seem. OOC is marked in ((double parenthesis)) )

Damn, this was way, WAY longer than I estimated. Much more detail and effort that I'm prepared to spend on some random forum game, so unless you have some damn convincing arguments about how this game is guaranteed to be deeper, more epic, and more long lived, and other things to deserve it I'm probably going to save this character for something else.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 04:57:17 pm »

.....thats detailed....

Uh...ill post a timeline when i get time.and the other stuff too...

You try and sneak pass the gaurds using shadow,but (1) its a failure and the guards notice you.They level there guns and fire,you manage to dodge,and aim you shotgun at the nearest one.BLAM,the steel shot splatters blood over the back wall as the man's gut is torn to ribbons.You aim you gun toward the next one but.FIZZ, the white hot plasma passes throw your shoulder cauterizing as it passes through.You level your Shotgun at his head and BLAM.His head becomes a pariculy gorey mush of red chedder cheese.
What do you do >_?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:25:05 pm by filiusenox »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 05:14:17 pm »

.....thats detailed....

Uh...ill post a timeline when i get time.and the other stuff too...
Anything less and we're flying blind.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 09:37:13 pm »

I use shadow and run to the executive elevator.

I may be best not to use yellow for anyone, it is a touch difficult to see and could be missed.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6