Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Maxin Empire Text Adventure.  (Read 9094 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Maxin Empire Text Adventure.
« on: August 13, 2009, 05:38:58 pm »

Your a civilain of the Maxin empire, the largest interglatic with over 60 systems in its grip,it has more chance for adventure then anywhere else.Wars often rack small planets and commandos are always in need.

There are sevrel groups in the maxin empire.
Droids
Maxin(ruling race)
Serpents(snakemen)
Mutants

and i few more i cant remember...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Maxin Empire Text Adventure.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:51:13 am »

I'll join as a droid, shuld I give my specs?

Also, "60 systems" and "largest intergalactic" seems a bit strange together as galaxies have millions and millions of systems, the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that earthlike planets are realy, realy rare, and teraforming is not feasonable.
Also, I think the game would be improved if you removed "mutants", pherhaps replace it with "geneticaly engineered minotities" or something like that.

Hmm, maybe I shuld ask, is this suposed to be hard scifi or just random sillyness?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:29:57 pm »

Also, "60 systems" and "largest intergalactic" seems a bit strange together as galaxies have millions and millions of systems, the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that earthlike planets are realy, realy rare, and teraforming is not feasonable.

Depends also on how hard travel is. If FTL travel doesn't exist whatsoever then 60 planets is quite large.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 02:35:49 pm »

Yes, but it's not "intergalactic", it's intragalactic.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 05:56:15 pm »

Shit...I meant 60 habited systems.

And sure you can upload specs.NO GODMODDING.Massive robots are fine but they gotta be kinda sluggish at the begining.No insta-kill gaint robots.IF you were a gaint insta-kill robot then you wouldnt have freewill,thus no game.

And the Maxin are pretty much alone in the galaxy.A few natives on the planets they conquer, but no space age enemies.All though there is a mutation which makes people hunger for human blood, and turn into hidoues freaks.

Major Cities of the Empire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:44:18 pm »

Can I be a mutant?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:09:48 pm »

Droid: 1
Mutants:1

Do you want a list of all mutations?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 08:40:09 pm »

Meh, surprise me, but some sort of stealthy, close combat deal would be nice. Or give me the complete list if that would be easier...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 08:56:52 pm »

Huh...3 mutes is the max so lets see....

Uh...

Twicthy nerves.Makes you like twitch, increases reflex.
Hardskin.allows for metal items to be hooked to skin.
Shadow.Roll 1d6 if its above 3 you cannot be seen.

Ill let both of you play.Your characthers get 300 points each to spend on stuff.

Item table to come later.

I decided to make this game mor organized.It will be a text gamebut it will have a few things to regulate things.

Im taking three players currently

I have 1 Droid. 1 Shadowstalker.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 09:40:52 pm »

What tech is in this game anyway, please rate the following as Nonexistant, very rare (perhaps only the government has it, or one per planet or something like that), rare (most peaple dont have it themselves, but it's not uncomon to see in the street), or common (one in evry family) as vell as level of sophistication:
-FTL travel
-minor/unobtrusive cybernetics
-heavy (limb replacing, or body replacing) cybernetics
-human level AI (robots)
-above human level AI
-artificial gravity and/or antigravity
-claytronics, morping nanotech, or Replicator-like technology
-extremply powerfull computers, embeaded computers (as in, petaflop in something handheald, and your food wraping has a computer in it. It seems likely IRL we'll have this soon if curent trends continue)
-self repairing armor, artificial muscles, room temprature superconductors, and other usefull materials
-"rapid porototyping" style devices that produce results close to most mass produced goods, or replication technology
-extremly strong and durable robotics (for example, a thin and armor plate alows falling from orbit or miletery encounters, or a robotic limb the size of a huamn one that could lift a building)
-spacetime manipulation
-time travel, or interdimentional travel of some kind
-what kind of weaponry is used?
-higly geneticaly enginered organisms/biological machines.

Also, azre there any technologies we have today that wouldnt exist or be rarer in this setting?

I could probably think up a bit more but these shuld be enought to captrue your attitudes towards stuff.
Also, you never answered if you intended to make this hard (highly realistic) or soft (not as realistic, more plot and gameplay centered with little regard for real life science) scifi?

Also, I dont think you spesifyed the Maxin physiology. and a beter description of the setting in general would be good.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 11:16:45 am »

-FTL is uncommon.
-Minor/unobtrusive cybernetics,Only for the maxins.
-heavy cybernetics,limb replacemnts are uncommon,but body replacing is rare.
-above human intelligence,Becuase the humans are extinct when the earth had a nuclear war.Maxins are advanced humans.
-above human ai is montiered by the maxin due to problem with robot revolts.
-? uh rare. Only thing that replicates something is the chameloen mut and that sucks,cuase you get sucked into the object.
-extremly powerful computers is a common.Super computers can handle trilloins of data in a second,how do you think the maxin goverment montiers the millons of battle clones?
-self repairing items and such are only for the maxin knights,which are superenhanced fighters.
-Supermass industrilization is occuring but no item copying.
-No like i siad no god modding
-no spacetime manuplation
-no
-Plasma weapons with a mixture of combusion weapons with combustion being used more commonly on poor planets or by poor mercs.
-The Maxin goverment allows three genetic mutatoins per person.If you do them a favor though they might allow more.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 01:23:37 pm »

Maxins are genrally taller and more thin then humans and have pointed ears and their canine teeth are more pointed.They are more intelligent then humans.Same antomy as a human except lankier.Blond and bloodred hair are common in maxins although some other colers tinge their hair.

Meduim.With some storylines mixed in but has a openended type play.

-Advanced cloning.The maxins relie on this to make soliders and survive.
-Terraforming. The maxins terraform unhospitable enviroment to allow habitation

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »

Considering how genetic deviations and such is monitored, AI suppressed, some technologies that we almost have now being rare due to government policy, and the suspiciously Arian-ubermench people ruling everything, I'd almost interpret this as "the Nazis won, and while horrible the world still managed to go on at least SOMEWHAT decently".
Not necessarily Nazis, but some branch of fascism having been extremely powerful at some point in this empires history seem very likely. Presumably once all the blame groups were exterminated, enemies vanquished, ubermench made, and other goals of such a government archived the ideology dimply dissolved in apathy, leaving the current more grey and generic government in it's place.

Character description tomorrow, hopefully.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »

You mentioned Maxin knights. Are the knights created as clones, or do you have to earn the right to join their ranks?
Nothing important here, move along.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 03:53:03 pm »

Ah...no...

the  genetic mutatuion "Maxin" arose after the nuclear war cuasing 95 percent of humanity to recieve this mutation.Becuase of this,the maxin corpration become a massive company,that became the only company and  then they sent maxins to a planet,30 years before a group of sceintists destroyed the earth, by the time they sent the message back that they found a home earth became a wastland..Earth is now a wastland with hidous infecting freaks wandering the wastes.

Humanity died off a hundred years before the ship was sent to maxin.

Genetic devaitoins are montired due to the 3068 incindent where a team of geneticly mutated maxins attempted a coup of the empire.160 Gaurds where killed by 3 mutunts.

Mutations eventully became volunterry a three hundred years after the people imgrated to utopia.Maxin sceintists have made mutations a medical treatment.

Maxins are the only ones who get very good cybernetics is becuase,they are the inventors and can't be bothered to teach others on how to use them.

The current goverment is strong empire.The emperor is thousands of years old due to cloning tech.He lasts as long as his blood is undamaged.It is currently the third emporer of the empire.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:28:01 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6