Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Archold (Noob succession)  (Read 14081 times)

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archold (Noob succession)
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2009, 09:01:19 pm »

Hehe. If by 'progress' you mean I've impailed every freaking caravan I've met (Or tried my damndest, note to self: expand the fck outta those spikes) then yes, We ARE making progress ;x

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2009, 09:19:01 pm »

Hehe. If by 'progress' you mean I've impailed every freaking caravan I've met (Or tried my damndest, note to self: expand the fck outta those spikes) then yes, We ARE making progress ;x

Nice to see my "fortress defense system" is being used correctly.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Montigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:38 am »

Was that a new version of Visualizer back there? I didn't think it showed statues.
It's a different visualiser made by baboonanza - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39541.0. It also shows beds, tables and chairs. However it doesn't seem to show doors. Or deal well with trees growing in a watery moat.

I should've turned off the alert me on everything notifier back when I started, since it was irritating, but I tuned it out for the most part. When I wasn't tuning it out, it was making me depressed at how lazy the dwarves are.

I just noticed that Besmar, the Mayor during my stint, is actually the son of Dante. I could've done something with that if I'd known.

jseah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2009, 01:43:47 am »

Right, I only hope Montigo and I can repair the damage you guys did to elven relations.  I was hoping for a few tame giant eagles or something. 

That said, my personal project will be "Mount Archold" to the top floor.  Then pipes for a orbital magma cannon can go through the middle.  Got to seal off the forges from the pipe before that. 

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2009, 08:04:16 am »

I was wondering how your going to do the magma cannon, Considering between the top of mt archold and the magma is 2 floors of dwarves doin their buisness. >.>

Also since I'm sick of dwarven sickness I'm paving over the whole outside of the map will FLOORS :|

jseah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2009, 11:00:32 am »

2 floors of dwarves doing their business?  No problem!  Just pipe it over them.  And have a few chutes for nobles.  Heh. 

If you're going to floor the place over, do you mind doing it near the top z-level?  I can use it for the magma cannon. 

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:25 am »

Eh I hadnt been working on the mountain and I am in summer, I can see what I can start >:) I mean hell its sposed to be FUN right? So I can totally see what your wanting to do, I hado nly ment the inside of our fort would be "inside" so that we can still have tree's to do something with but what the hell LETS DO THIS!  (On a side note if You can somehow pump water to the top zlvl we could make a HUGE man-made outdoor tree/plant farm. Keeping the lvl below it magma filled and having several floor things, you get the idea, I can see it allready! Too bad im crap at building.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:18 am »

Ok so heres what I did before work, I'll continue on it between now and school, then finish this afternoon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2009, 12:55:52 pm »

Its not much but I have to go to school, Will for sure finish it out afterward though. (Sorry for breaking it into many little posts, I'm not too sure on my computers capabilities to not go down recently.)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:45 pm »

Heh, sorry to interject but is my character still in the realm of the living?

(PS: Great work on the citadel.)
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2009, 03:19:26 pm »

If your char was named 'kalinda' sadly they have passed.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2009, 05:35:04 pm »

Ok yall some REALLY bad news, I think i've broken humanity.  They've been sitting in the depot for half a freaking year allready and they refuse to move even one foot.

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2009, 07:58:32 pm »

Ok I know I claimed I could have it done before bed BUT i'm mid-autumn (or late cant remember right now) And its been running really slowly. Dont worry I'll get it done o.o

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2009, 04:42:09 pm »

This is the end of my turn. It took ALOT longer than I expected but I suspect FPS lag.  My computers been evil to me and I'm debating re-setting it to default.

Http://ickarious.googlepages.com/region3.zip

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2009, 06:22:02 pm »

Guess it's my turn again, then.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat