Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More -man creatures!  (Read 645 times)

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
More -man creatures!
« on: November 16, 2007, 07:33:00 am »

Hey Toady, how about some more man creatures? Leechmen totally rules! How about Sharkmen, suddenly raiding your fortress, coming from the ocean, or maybe Purring maggot men!  :cool: The weirded the creature, better!

Pathos

Re: More -man creatures!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:01:00 am »

._.

I think the community'd much rather prefer creatures with more tags that they can play with, instead of generic -man creatures..

Like gelatinous cubes. :3

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:31:00 am »

A Blob creature would be nice.  Anything it (Somehow) kills would be absorbed, so, if you rush it with a few dogs, you'll probably have a fortress-killing machine. Or a large cleaning job, but seeing your dwarves scream and flee from a massive purple blob of goo would be fun.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

It would spawn from concentrated miasma or something because that would be awesome!! Something like four or five corpses in the same area rotting should cause it to spawn and begin attacking any nearby living things. But it gives us another reason to hate cats. And sieges.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »

Personally I like Snailmen.  Wish they would drop a giant snail shell or something though.

Stij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pathos:
<STRONG>._.

I think the community'd much rather prefer creatures with more tags that they can play with, instead of generic -man creatures..

Like gelatinous cubes. :3</STRONG>

Yeah, I don't think we need more -mans right now...

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pathos:
<STRONG>I think the community'd much rather prefer creatures with more tags that they can play with, instead of generic -man creatures..</STRONG>

Well perhaps we can come to some sort of compromise, how about pigmen, who have the uncanny ability to dig up truffles.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »

That could be quite good, actually. Catch one in a cage, and tame it and you've got a foodmaking machine. Just add in a "Work pigmen" labor and you're set.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.