Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Where Are The Doppelgangers? (Mafia-Style Game) [DAY 3, LASTDAY]  (Read 23127 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are The Doppelgangers? (Mafia-Style Game) [DAY 1]
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 10:25:31 pm »

Yep.  And if there IS dopps, they won't get NKed so we have a higher chance of finding them anyway if they're real.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 10:31:14 pm »

Rule Clarification: If Doppelgangers are in fact real, there will be 3 Doppelgangers. Not 2. 3.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 10:45:04 pm »

So without dopps.

7/9 human 2/9 third-party

With dopps.

4/9 human 2/9 third-party 3/9 dopps

By the third day that would mean two of the humans and/or third-party would be dead.  If there is dopps the chance of lynching one is...

1st Day Lynch(with dopps):
34%

2nd Day Lynch(with dopps):
38%

3rd Final Day Lynch(with dopps):
43%

Well, that is if there's dopps.   :P  I say we no lynch.  It's too risky, because there's like a 50% chance there is no dopps at all and that's automatic lose.  That's not even counting if there is dopps and the chance of hitting one of them.  Agh.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53:48 pm »

Question: On the third day, if you vote that there are dopps, do you have to specifically choose somebody to vote for as a dopp or can you just say "I think there are dopps, but I dunno who" and still win?

WAY too many of you guys are saying we should not think there are dopps. Why? Are you the dopps trying to get us to assume there are none so you can win?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:01 pm »

At the end of the third day, I will PM all humans asking them, "Are the Doppelgangers real?"

Each Human reply back via PM either saying that Doppelgangers are real or that Doppelgangers are fake.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 11:06:29 pm »

WAY too many of you guys are saying we should not think there are dopps. Why? Are you the dopps trying to get us to assume there are none so you can win?

I assume you weren't talking about me. But if you were, I was saying that we shouldn't lynch unless we're 100% certain a person is a Dopp.

I believe there are Dopps. But we won't know until the end. We (humans) don't get the benefit of voting records, really, because as soon as someone is lynched, the game is over. Because if people vote for the right person, we win. If we vote for the wrong person (2/3 chance if there are Dopps, 100% chance if there aren't), we lose.

So...anyone have any good ideas for scum-hunting that don't involve lynchings?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:29 pm »

At the end of the third day, I will PM all humans asking them, "Are the Doppelgangers real?"

Each Human reply back via PM either saying that Doppelgangers are real or that Doppelgangers are fake.
The Doppelgangers just don't reply?

Zaithemaster, it doesn't matter if we lynch Dopps. We just have to guess if they exist.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 11:15:54 pm »

The Doppelgangers just don't reply?
He wouldn't PM them.

Zaithemaster, it doesn't matter if we lynch Dopps. We just have to guess if they exist.

Exactly. Lynchings aren't really good, as that requires us to know a specific Dopp, not just whether they exist or not. Lynchings just end the game faster.

I meant scum-hunting as in determining if there are scum or not [see my JFK speech thing], not the typical determining who is scum. But I can't think of any good ways to do this, which is why I asked if anyone else has ideas.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:46 pm »

Broken math trying to make us think dopps don't exist. Hence, I believe they DO exist.
Well, if they do exist, you're one of them.

Now then, there's a completely logical (and cheap) way to win this game. There's a statistically more likely chance Doppelgangers exist, if you read your role pms very carefully. It's not very much more likely, but it certainly is more probable.

Though, this may simply be coincidence, and meta-knowledge I'm not sure I'm allowed to share. Anyhow, I'll keep quiet about it. It's certainly not a whole lot to go off of.

Also, SC, what happens in the event of a tie for lynchings?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:29 pm »

My role PM gives no hints of anything.  What are you talking about with your "metagame" stuff?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2009, 12:57:20 am »

Hypothesis A: Quiet players are Doppelgangers Among Us, trying to avoid incriminating themselves.

Hypothesis B: The players most vocal about thinking there are Dopps are the Doppelgangers. They're trying to look clueless through suspicion.

Hypothesis C: People now trying to avoid those extremes are Dopps made nervous by this post.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2009, 01:11:56 am »

Broken math trying to make us think dopps don't exist. Hence, I believe they DO exist.
Well, if they do exist, you're one of them.

Now then, there's a completely logical (and cheap) way to win this game. There's a statistically more likely chance Doppelgangers exist, if you read your role pms very carefully. It's not very much more likely, but it certainly is more probable.

Though, this may simply be coincidence, and meta-knowledge I'm not sure I'm allowed to share. Anyhow, I'll keep quiet about it. It's certainly not a whole lot to go off of.

Also, SC, what happens in the event of a tie for lynchings?

The earlier vote is the the tie-breaker.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2009, 02:05:01 am »

Lame. I was hoping for something else. Are we made aware that it WAS a tie?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2009, 11:06:56 am »

No.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2009, 11:07:40 am »

Hey everyone im back.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12