Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: When you kill important figures...  (Read 6492 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When you kill important figures...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 02:25:30 pm »

Wow, this thread was derailed in the original post.  Impressive.

LAst I heard, the conventional wisdom was that figures are a non-renewable resource once world generation ends.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 03:44:26 am »

Americans ARE elves.  Hence why they eat everything and get mad at anyone using natural resources if it isn't them.

Because I picture humans as bass-ackwards and filthy, they must be British.

Dwarves are obviously Russian.

And key figures don't get replaced?  What a bummer.  I mean, what if I don't like the mayor of a town and kill him, but don't necessarily want to destroy the entire town?  Hopefully this is rectified as the game progresses.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 08:00:43 am »

Americans ARE elves.  Hence why they eat everything and get mad at anyone using natural resources if it isn't them.
Americas the country with the biggest ecological footprint.  They are surely not elves.  If anything, they are dark dwarves, only not short.
I think Americans are worse.
Yes, this is true.
And dwarves are Scottish, I thought.

From my experience figures do not get replaced.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 08:55:33 am »

Because I picture humans as bass-ackwards and filthy, they must be British.

OBJECTION! That is French!

Look! They even eat FILTHY things!

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 11:31:56 am »

I thought backwards and filthy was also Americans?  :P
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 12:23:06 pm »

How many forum guidelines has this thread broken already?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 12:28:32 pm »

Well, seeing as how I'm American, I just dissed myself.  So what I said probably didn't.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 12:56:52 pm »

Also from the United States myself.  A bit Europhilic, but still American.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 06:18:55 pm »

Dwarves in D&D are stereotypically scottish.  I've yet to see a DF dwarf say och or aye or laddie, though, thank goodness (for originality).

Scots pretty much fail though--when you look at wars they've had bad luck.  It's why DF dwarves are Russian.  Look how often Russia has been sieged!  Not to mention the quasi-communism that goes on in these forts.  ;D

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 06:55:57 pm »

I'm an American and I love the values and principals the country was founded on, but rampant corruption, greed, bigotry, and ignorance are our downfall. Very unfortunate really. I fear for the future.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 07:05:05 pm »

rampant corruption, greed, bigotry, and ignorance

You seem to be describing the condition of humans in general.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 08:15:44 pm »

Come here to America.  Humans in general will seem like nice people afterward.
Just so I remember

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »

Yeah, from what I've seen, everybody is like that, it's just that Americans are worse because they have more freedoms.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 08:50:26 pm »

Americans are just more open about it.  We don't tend to do subtlety or moderation very well.  That goes for both good and bad things.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 09:30:39 pm »

Dwarves in D&D are stereotypically scottish.  I've yet to see a DF dwarf say och or aye or laddie, though, thank goodness (for originality).

Scots pretty much fail though--when you look at wars they've had bad luck.  It's why DF dwarves are Russian.  Look how often Russia has been sieged!  Not to mention the quasi-communism that goes on in these forts.  ;D
I prefer to see my dwarves in an Irish manner. We're happy little boozers (oddly enough, stereotypically accurate.), we yoik and sing, and we fight and we dance til' the morning. (Sorry, I've been listening to a bit of Korpiklanni lately. BTW, awesome band.) Inventive, and just plain nuts.

Proof of concept, and a little easter egg as to why I like the name Bloodfist (IE- Megaproject). It's also sorta in honor of my great ancestor who won a decent chunk of land in a race. By technicality, the first person to touch the land wins it. My great-ancestor was losing the boat race, to reach the land.

Now, I must repeat. The first one to TOUCH the land, wins it. He was losing. You can guess what happened next.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Yeah. I think I'm a descendant of dwarves. There's even a coat of arms that chronicles it with a similar tribute.

Spoiler: Full Crest (click to show/hide)

...My entire family (including myself) is just plain nuts. I love it. ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4