Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Companion does not recognize DF is running  (Read 811 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Companion does not recognize DF is running
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:52:42 pm »

I'm running the basic DF download off of May Green's website and Valdemar's DwarfCompanion package off the wiki. Every time I run DwarfCompanion it flashes (briefly) that it doesn't detect Dwarf Fortress running and kills itself. One of my dwarves just got a light gray head wound, so I want to quickly heal that among some other things (seriously, it makes me mad that nervous wounds can't heal).

Does anyone know what might be causing it to not work?
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Companion does not recognize DF is running
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:35:24 pm »

The Mike Mayday package includes 40d11. Dwarf Companion doesn't work on any versions later than 40d.

If you're set on using Dwarf Companion, you can transfer your saves over to a copy of 40d and use Dwarf Companion. Then you can transfer the save back. All 40d# versions have full save compatibility with 40d.

Your game also has a small mod that adds grasping mouths to cats, so you'll have to copy your raw/objects folder to any copy of DF that you want to use, or else the save will break.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 05:34:23 pm »

Sorry for small nercro here.

I remember a few months ago when I downloaded Mike Mayday's package that Dwarf Companion seemed to work. Is there anyway to get it to work for it?

I remember I had it working for Mike Mayday's package because it had the big screen unlike 40d which has it small when not in fullscreen.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:23:48 pm »

I'm not an expert at hacking, but my guess is after 40d Toady patched the hole that let us heavily modify the running game like that. Looks like you'll have to keep a copy of 40d handy for quickhacking, kind of a shame (Toady, if you're reading this, change the mood requirements to use either type of cloth, not specifically the kind of cloth you don't have).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:59:57 pm »

I'm not an expert at hacking, but my guess is after 40d Toady patched the hole that let us heavily modify the running game like that. Looks like you'll have to keep a copy of 40d handy for quickhacking, kind of a shame (Toady, if you're reading this, change the mood requirements to use either type of cloth, not specifically the kind of cloth you don't have).

Nope.  Toady didn't patch any big hole.  He just moved it.  40d and all different 40d# store the memory addresses in different places.  Some programs let you tell the program to move where it looks for address, most don't.  This is the reason why most of the utilities don't work with 40d#.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 06:48:47 am »

I think I may have been using V16 of Mike Maydays tileset. That was the version before it went to 40d11. Was V16 on 40d?

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 08:52:40 am »

Bump. I'm really looking for an ansrew  :-\