Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Traps baited with entire stacks of meat  (Read 543 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
[40d] Traps baited with entire stacks of meat
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:57:17 am »

It's not in the bug list, and a search through this forum turned up nothing (though one old post mentioned it as an aside complaint that was never addressed), but this behavior seems totally wrong.

When ordered to bait an animal trap with meat, the trapper will place an entire stack of meat in the trap rather than take a single unit (as would be taken when eating). When large animals have been butchered, this is a ridiculous waste, and the implications are quite comical as well - how exactly do you fit the meat of an entire elephant into a single animal trap?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Traps baited with entire stacks of meat
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:15:11 pm »

This is noted down as something to fix, but not in dev_bugs as you might expect:

# Req464, EXCESSIVE BAIT, (Future): Dwarves should not use entire stacks of meat or fish to bait traps.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [40d] Traps baited with entire stacks of meat
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:01:52 pm »

I have two answers: A bigger trap to hold the meat, or pull a Looney Toons and squish them all together into a smaller wad and put it in the trap, when it then springs back up and fits the trap