Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The easiest Demon ever  (Read 958 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The easiest Demon ever
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:02:01 pm »

ok so I finally found the demon pit after searching the entire pit and by then I had a really large army so I figured I'd let the demons spawn. I waited a full year before the "demons have emerged from the pit" message came up and when I checked the unit list there was only one and it was the "Demon" demon no smaller frog demons of Spirts of fire that was it.  When I checked the wiki it said you could tell what demons would spawn from what was in the pit. Mine had the items for all the types of demons, filth, ashes, unknown substance,  mud, and hugggge amounts of caged people.  So is that it for me or do the demons come in waves and not just one large attack? have I found something wrong withthe wiki?
Nom nom nom

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The easiest Demon ever
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:21:09 pm »

The lesser demons start out stealthed. Until they actually bump into one of your units you won't be able to see them.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:26:07 pm »

yaaaaaaaaaaa I thought of that so i sent one of the useless peasents in and they are just not there unless they spawn on mutiple z-lvls
Nom nom nom

Humberticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:26:54 pm »

what if you found the 'den' but all it had were engravings? It's been 4 years since I've unearthed it and nothing has happened. Does reveal.exe ruin HFS?

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:43:10 pm »

what if you found the 'den' but all it had were engravings? It's been 4 years since I've unearthed it and nothing has happened. Does reveal.exe ruin HFS?

Yes, it does.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 02:33:04 am »

Have you ever heard about SPOILER ?
or even like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 02:36:46 am »

Sounds like a bug, how many glowing pits do you have?

If you have more than 1, then odds are it was supposed to spawn a whole mix of demons (i got Froggies and Tentacles at once in the past) but something broke the spawn.

Did you kill the generic leader demon? If not, killing him might trigger the spawns, if so, then i guess you got 'lucky' and the spawns broke. Or possibly they're just really delayed and a few years from now you will suddenly get surprise buttsecks from a spirit of fire.

It's possible your bug may be related to my vanishing underground pools bug, who knows. The thing to keep in mind is that only Toady knows exactly how things work (or don't), what we know is only what we've been able to work out from testing, and DF is a frigging gigantic game so we're constantly finding new things.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 10:13:15 pm »

ya he was the leader and no there isn't more pits and yes I killed him maybe this should go to the bugs section?
Nom nom nom