Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Over  (Read 27365 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Day 2
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2009, 02:24:25 pm »

Oh yes, so I send out a PM on day one and boom, I'm a dopp?

And anyways, why isn't anyone out looking for the fucking exterminator? He's going to get a bunch of kills while you guys are busy lynching along the "Dopp list". Sounds like a great idea, tons of kills, all on the town, with NO scumhunting during the days. How nice. I think the people who are bandwagoning are the real scum here, at least question them. I have this sneaky suspicion that some or all of the dopps are just wagoning with the rest of the town to not look odd. Nobody is even going to bother looking at other people? What is this shit? Is this mafia or follow-the-leader? I think the rest of the town is just too afraid to say anything because it'll look suspicious. Fuck that, ask the questions you want to know. Do what you want, question who you want, and vote who you want. Just because people talk does not mean they are dopps, there are other possibilities. Just remember that.

Once again, I guess Alexhans is right about his assessments, take the watcher role out. It's causing all sorts of issues. Mostly, it's making people mindless and not even THINKING about what's been put in front of them.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2009, 03:47:23 pm »

Man the whole WHY AREN'T YOU SCUMHUNTING is a bit of a lame argument. Dude, we have 3(possibly 2) people to lynch who we know are dopps. We have power roles doing shit. No doubt power roles have done shit last night and right now they are thinking of more stuff to do next night. We don't neeed to scumhunt. Unless shit goes down pretty bad we have this one covered. (for the town, and possibly the scientist)
Long Live United Forenia!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2009, 03:57:29 pm »

Man the whole WHY AREN'T YOU SCUMHUNTING is a bit of a lame argument. Dude, we have 3(possibly 2) people to lynch who we know are dopps. We have power roles doing shit. No doubt power roles have done shit last night and right now they are thinking of more stuff to do next night. We don't neeed to scumhunt. Unless shit goes down pretty bad we have this one covered. (for the town, and possibly the scientist)

Sounds like an exterminator defense to me, actually. We don't need to scumhunt? You do realize that if you lynch everybody on the list and then go on, you'll have one or more dopps and an exterminator left to find. How is that "covered"? How are you so sure? The only way I think you could be so sure is if you are the exterminator with intel or something equally powerful. Hell, I would be gloating if I was an exterminator with an operative at his side right now, that shit would be an auto-win, since nobody wants to scumhunt. I would be gloating just like how you are. I still want to hear what everybody else has to say, however.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2009, 04:42:11 pm »

I still think we should scum hunt, because as you said, we need to find the exterminator. However, I have never been very good at scum hunting. But Practice Makes Perfect!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2009, 04:46:32 pm »

Also:

!xmafia players

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2009, 05:30:00 pm »

If I'm not mistaken:

Frelock, ToonyMan, JanusTwoface, Xegeth, Pandarsenic, Mr.Person, chaoticjosh, webadict, Rysith, BloodBeard, NUKE9.13, forsaken1111, Kashyyk, Cheeetar
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2009, 06:25:54 pm »

Also Cheeetar obviously suffered death by exterminator (or some other alien).
The dopps were obviously hindered in their murders somehow. My guess: They went for webadict, who, naturally, was not there.
Anyway, unless somebody found the exterminator or the scientist and thinks they should tell everyone before they die, speak up.
Otherwise, let's lynch Mr.Person for being a dopp.

Why wouldn't the dopps have gone for chaoticjosh? Sure, he's likely to have been protected, but it seems like a more likely target than webadict.

Anyway, vote Mr.Person, but pose the following scenario:

chaoticjosh, pandarsenic, and Frelock are dopplegangers. Pandarsenic agrees to get lynched d1 to allow chaoticjosh to advance his watcher claim. Pandarsenic then posts his "bah" post claiming to out the rest of them. Sure it's risky, but it gets them a "confirmed" townie in either Frelock or chaoticjosh, and keeps their last member hidden as an emergency backup.

That doesn't change my vote for Mr.Person, though, since either he'll flip dopp (good!) or he'll flip town and expose something like the above scenario (worse, but still ok).

Mr.Person, if you are town, I'd urge you to come out and lay out what you know, and what (if anything) you found out last night.

And the game circumstances are going to make it hard to scumhunt, since the "right" answer is to go along with the person from chaoticjosh/pandarsenic's list.

One problem with that plan Rysith, is that Cheeetar was a watcher too and he said my list was correct, meaning that Pandar would've had to create the whole plan himself, I couldn't talk to him to give him my idea, and it would require that I knew Cheeetar was a watcher.

I have a feeling the game of "Look for the Exterminator" will be more interesting than originally planned.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2009, 07:01:43 pm »

One problem with that plan Rysith, is that Cheeetar was a watcher too and he said my list was correct, meaning that Pandar would've had to create the whole plan himself, I couldn't talk to him to give him my idea, and it would require that I knew Cheeetar was a watcher.

I have a feeling the game of "Look for the Exterminator" will be more interesting than originally planned.

Definitely. It would have had to have been formed as soon as a dopp noticed the presence of a dopp watcher, guessed at the possible existence of a human watcher, formulated the plan, and instructed (in that plan) for the dopp watcher to not speak. It would be complicated, but then Alexhans protected you a few games ago for the sole purpose of throwing everyone off if someone attacked you. Unlikely, but a stronger possibility if Mr.Person flips town. Out of curiosity, josh, who's on the list now?

However, Mr.Person's post reeks of panic, anger, and desperation. Exactly what a dopp would post as. Especially the "Find the exterminator, ignore the dopps!" bit. I also note that he didn't do the obvious thing in his defense: state the content and recipient(s) of his d1 personal message. That continues to make me trust chaoticjosh in this.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:44 pm »

Definitely. It would have had to have been formed as soon as a dopp noticed the presence of a dopp watcher, guessed at the possible existence of a human watcher, formulated the plan, and instructed (in that plan) for the dopp watcher to not speak. It would be complicated, but then Alexhans protected you a few games ago for the sole purpose of throwing everyone off if someone attacked you. Unlikely, but a stronger possibility if Mr.Person flips town. Out of curiosity, josh, who's on the list now?

However, Mr.Person's post reeks of panic, anger, and desperation. Exactly what a dopp would post as. Especially the "Find the exterminator, ignore the dopps!" bit. I also note that he didn't do the obvious thing in his defense: state the content and recipient(s) of his d1 personal message. That continues to make me trust chaoticjosh in this.

Alright, I quit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2009, 07:13:55 pm »

Alright, I quit.
::)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2009, 07:18:10 pm »

Alright, I quit.
::)

Well this game is fucking broken and you guys ALL know it. I'm going to ask we just skip the next day, so I can get to the next game and actually play the damn game instead of being punished for.. talking.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:43 pm »

You know, Mr. Person, if you'd just post the PM you sent, and the person who received it confirmed it was genuine, you could be off the hook.  Or you could just be in deep water along with that person.  If you're a dopp, however, it makes sense that you would not post such PM's.  I suggest everyone on the "watcher" list post their PM's to clear themselves.

As I have already stated, I am the kook, and thus talk only to myself.  The conversation went something like this:
Me: Why, hello me, nice day we're having.
Me: Indeed, jolly good indeed.
Me: PRECIOUS....
Me: Quiet number 3.  So, number 2, what do you think of all these disappearances lately?
Me: Quite chilling, wot wot.  Dopplegangers here are something odd indeed.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2009, 07:51:44 pm »

Hey dood.  Since Duke is not in this game I feel like breaking it with you!  It's simple really, I post my role and you post yours.  Even if we lie about each others role we can still work together, right?  You like post your role first then I'll post mine.

This was forwarded to Pandarsenic.  I received no response dood.  I'm just guessing, but maybe one of the dopps didn't post in the dopp chat or something?  I believe Frelock with his kook claim after all.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2009, 08:42:49 pm »

I'm an Advanced Doppleganger. I tried to consume and replace Xegeth during the night but was blocked by a warden. There, now we have no chance to win. Can we please just end this and start another game? Meph admitted it was a mistake in our chat. I accept that, we all make mistakes, but this isn't fun anymore for either side (I'm guessing, what the fun in essentially shooting fish in a barrel?).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2009, 08:44:25 pm »

Wait so.......Mr.Person what kind of dopp are you?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17