Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Over  (Read 27390 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Day 1 has started
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2009, 02:54:42 am »

Ah, I mixed up criticism and suspicion. Well, Chaotic, would you be kind enough to point out which policies these are?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2009, 02:57:39 am »

Oh, then consider my suspicion undissolved, and then purified.

Well, that's where I was. I'll have some suspicions up in here first thing tomorrow, I promise. Right now, it's 3 in the morning here, you see. That might explain why I started confusing people.

I'll mull over this stuff a little bit more tomorrow. In any case, unvote for now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2009, 03:03:06 am »

Oh, hey Xegeth, here's a question: If you were the Agent, who would you investigate first?
I'm not sure how wise it would be, but I think I'd start with lurkers. Lurking townies seem to cause enough problems that it may be helpful. The more active players seem easier to scumhunt.
Give me a specific name. Don't be vague.

I'd probably start with NUKE9.13. He's not posted yet and he's got two votes. If he did post before the day was over, I'd go for forsaken1111 or Kashyyk.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2009, 03:23:13 am »

Ah, I mixed up criticism and suspicion. Well, Chaotic, would you be kind enough to point out which policies these are?

The one where you let Pandar masquerade as the survivor alien when YOU were the survivor alien? That one really stands out, since you really only had one choice in the matter: tell the truth. You didn't and therefore died through pure chance.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2009, 03:53:35 am »

Webby, no response to me? :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2009, 04:26:44 am »

Goddamit what kinda time do you call... 6 in the morning to be playing mafia?
I don't lurk, I have a normal sleeping rhythm!
Grumble grumble.
Anyway.
So I take it there's no cult in this game?

I'd very much like to vote Nuke.

How was that trip of yours? Did you ever tell us about it?
I think he took a trip to this awesome island, but spent the entire time in a coma.  Or something like that.
Yeah, that's right. When I woke up this guy was getting eaten by gods or something for not killing people, I don't know. Anyway, I enjoyed the island. It was nice. Everyone else was all creeped out or something, but I spent the day waiting for the boat sitting on the beach, relaxing.

Now then, on to more Zyrius business.

Webadict, chaoticjosh, and pandarsenic; yeah yeah blah blah you are awesome and everyone suspects one of you of something.
Vote sheet (because I have nothing better to do)
Stuff in brackets is reason.
Red people are being voted on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interesting things:
Why did cheeetar change his vote from Xegeth to kashyyk. That he unvotes Xegeth after he stops lurking, I can understand. That he then votes kashyyk, I cannot. Please explain.
Pandarsenic jumped around with his vote for no other reason than to have, at some point, voted for all of the 'expert' players. That is silly. Votes do not carry retroactive powers. As far as I can tell there was no accusation, no reaction at all regarding your voting of chaoticjosh, yet you unvoted. Why?
Forsaken1111 and Kashyyk both absent until now. Well, I can hardly accuse them without going into hypocrisy, but, hey, wake up and smell the blood, you two.

I will vote Forsaken1111 until he speaks up.
Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2009, 04:37:53 am »

Nuke: I voted Kashyyk as Kashyyk hasn't voted yet.

The one where you let Pandar masquerade as the survivor alien when YOU were the survivor alien? That one really stands out, since you really only had one choice in the matter: tell the truth. You didn't and therefore died through pure chance.
I saw the post where he admitted to being a survivor alien. Because of Webadicts (I think, could have been someone else) insistence in previous games that all survivor aliens would ally with the mafia, I stayed quiet. During the time he was accepted I was not logged on.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:47 am »

Hey Nuke, I'm really glad to hear from ya! Unvote. You know, I don't think I stressed this enough, that I'm really sorry for yelling at you and being so controlling in paranormal 6. It was really dickish of me. I'll try to control my anger in the future.

Nuke: I voted Kashyyk as Kashyyk hasn't voted yet.

I saw the post where he admitted to being a survivor alien. Because of Webadicts (I think, could have been someone else) insistence in previous games that all survivor aliens would ally with the mafia, I stayed quiet. During the time he was accepted I was not logged on.

The only thing I see where with that Cheeetar is that following rigid rules discourages using fluid strategy. That is, not thinking on your feet or looking at the situation and realizing that you need to change your game up in order to win. I'm really being harsh on you though Cheeetar, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2009, 05:27:15 am »

Nuke: I'm gauging reactions. The reaction of the person you accuse shouldn't be all you get out of a particular vote.

Of course, my inability to actually tell who's playing isn't looking good for me, since I assumed all the regulars were in.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2009, 06:40:27 am »

Hey now, I help town alot by pointing out scum, but no one listens to me.  :-(

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2009, 06:45:37 am »

What? Alex isn't in this game? NOOO! He's so pompously arrogant and snobbishly devoted to old school MS rules, it won't feel the same without him!
HEY!! I heard that...

I didn't join because I'm really busy lately and am already playing 2 mafia games (modding one), I'm training again and trying to pursue some other projects too.

I hope you enjoy this round.  I'll probably only skim this once in a while.

Besides, I need a break from all this barbaric changes to the good ol' mafia... in my times, young lad, we didn't have this kind of things...  ;)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2009, 08:13:17 am »

<_<
>_>

You have Mr. T with a rocket pack as your avatar, your argument is invalid.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2009, 08:45:55 am »

<_<
>_>

You have Mr. T with a rocket pack as your avatar, your argument is invalid.
Panda has a point here.

forsaken1111, I haven't seen you around (at the very least in the past few games).  What do you have to say for yourself?  (And don't make me go out and random vote you!)

I'm new to the game, yeah. Been a bit busy IRL, no time to post until now.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:52:18 am by forsaken1111 »

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2009, 10:58:20 am »

@forsaken1111
And not much of a post at that, content-wise.  How about this though:
Who do you think has been the most suspicious thus far?  (Please don't answer Kashyyk for not posting, that's too easy)

(Oh, and don't edit your posts for any reason, the powers-that-be tend to frown on that;  I know that from experience.  ;D  If you need to change something, double post.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2009, 11:18:23 am »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: NUKE9.13
Frelock: Xegeth
Kashyyk: Cheeetar, Rysith
NUKE9.13: Frelock
Pandarsenic: ToonyMan, webadict
ToonyMan: Mr.Person
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17