Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Over  (Read 27378 times)

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Day 1 has started
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2009, 11:50:22 am »

Hey there JanusTwoFace, noone has asked you anything yet. If you were the Agent, who would you investigate first and why? Sorry for stealing your question webadict, but I like it.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2009, 12:05:48 pm »

Hey there JanusTwoFace, noone has asked you anything yet. If you were the Agent, who would you investigate first and why? Sorry for stealing your question webadict, but I like it.

As of now, I'd investigate chaoticjosh.  He's being entirely more calm than I'm used to him being.  It's kind of creeping me out.

After that, I'd probably vote either Cheeetar or Pandarsenic to figure out if there is anything going on behind their voting records thus far.

Overall, there's been a couple of faintly strange things, but nothing to really make me suspicious yet.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2009, 12:36:51 pm »

I feel bad. No one wants to investigate me...

Oooooh, a new challenger has appeared!

forsaken, if you were the Bodyguard, who would you protect?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2009, 12:53:35 pm »

I know it's a valid question, but I'm going to FoS Bloodbeard and Webadict for asking this anyways. It's role fishing since if enough people answer, the scum might be able to guess who the actual agent is based on their responses.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2009, 01:16:52 pm »

I know it's a valid question, but I'm going to FoS Bloodbeard and Webadict for asking this anyways. It's role fishing since if enough people answer, the scum might be able to guess who the actual agent is based on their responses.
Dude, the whole point is to force potential scum (read: everyone) to release information - see if they avoid pointing suspicion at people who are acting suspicious and the like. Compare what they say to later voting patterns and roleflips. The like.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2009, 01:33:13 pm »

Well then, seems I've miss out on quite a lot.  Still wasn't as rude as that awakening in the last one when I woke up to 5 new pages of posts.  In any case, Unvote.  Here's what I've noticed:

Webadict is scumhunting as usual; though the "what would you do" questions are far more prevalent than in the past.  I'm guessing it's a change of pace.
Chaoticjosh is very calm.  This is good; this means he's in control of his emotions, and can think clearly.  He also tends to get really hot under the collar when accused as scum.
Janus has said less than he usually does, but he's still scumhunting...somwhat.
Nuke gave us that somewhat helpful list, which is a gift that should be appreciated.  It helps town quite a bit.

Obviously, I haven't noticed much  ;).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:43 pm »

Sorry if it looked like that, I just thought it would mix things up as opposed to a straight-forward "Who do you think is scum?" question. I'd rather not keep on asking joke questions.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2009, 01:40:43 pm »

Dude, the whole point is to force potential scum (read: everyone) to release information - see if they avoid pointing suspicion at people who are acting suspicious and the like. Compare what they say to later voting patterns and roleflips. The like.

That's true, but some questions don't give the right kind of info.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2009, 01:42:37 pm »

Nuke: I'm gauging reactions. The reaction of the person you accuse shouldn't be all you get out of a particular vote.

Of course, my inability to actually tell who's playing isn't looking good for me, since I assumed all the regulars were in.

If you were looking at people's reactions, why didn't you even wait for Mr.Person to respond before changing your vote?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »

I'm going to Unvote for now.

Rysith, Toony, you've been a bit quiet. Tell us your thoughts.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2009, 02:25:25 pm »

That's true, but some questions don't give the right kind of info.
I'd also like to point out that if everyone answered it, it wouldn't help find out if anyone was the Agent.

And would anyone like to ask me anything or just say, "Oh that Webadict is certainly all Webadicty." I could easily be a scum doing what I normally do. Stop these assumptions.

Also, Pandarsenic is likely scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2009, 02:29:30 pm »

Despite (or perhaps because of) agreeing with you, why do you think Pandarsenic is scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2009, 02:57:37 pm »

Despite (or perhaps because of) agreeing with you, why do you think Pandarsenic is scum?
Woo! I guess it's because of how's he's playing. He doesn't seem like himself and seems less scumhunting and more appearing to scumhunt.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2009, 03:04:57 pm »

@webadict
Fair enough, how about a more interesting question:
If you could choose the scum's roles, which would you least like them to have?

@Rysith
You've posted, but only once, to answer a random question and cast a (most likely) random vote.  Does anyone seem particularly scummy to you?

Current suspicions (hey, it's only day 1)
- chaoticjosh is being entirely too calm.  And we've almost always been on opposite sides, so I'm always suspicious of him.
- Pandarsenic's vote is switching around a little much.  Might just be a Day 1 Random Lynching Field Day, might be nervous scum.
- Lurkers.  There are a fair few of them still around.
- Aliens.  Insert tin-foil hat here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2009, 03:11:39 pm »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: NUKE9.13
Frelock: Xegeth
Kashyyk: Cheeetar, Rysith
Pandarsenic: ToonyMan, webadict
ToonyMan: Mr.Person
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17