Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Over  (Read 27359 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Day 1 has started
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2009, 07:05:35 am »

Pandarsenic is like lying dood!   :P
Well duh.
Anyway.
Can this game go wrong for the town? Let's find the fudge out!
18 people
Of which 4 dopps, probably several 3rd party roles. Assume no veterans.
We lynch the panda, dropping to 17:3
The dopps kill, and the extermintator kills. Both kills are townies. 15:3
We lynch a dopp from panda's list. Assume it is a townie. 14:3
See last night. 12:3
We lynch a dopp. 11:2
See last night. 9:2
We lynch a dopp. 8:1
See last night. 6:1
We lynch a dopp. 5:0
The exterminator kills. 4:0 (of which one exterminator)
We lynch the exterminator, who we have by this point obviously found. 3 townies left. Victory!
It's a close run thing, but only if the town is very, very unlucky; the killers never hit a protected man, the dopps don't hit the exterminator, and a myriad of other circumstances.
On the flip side, a bunch of aliens could mess things up for the town. An agent seeker can mean a third kill each night until he finds the agent, whereupon he commits suicide (as it were). Advanced or controlled doppelgangers could screw things up too. Maybe a mad scientist dopp has an assasin bot, or the exterminator has an assistant?
[silly]OR, chaoticjosh is a dopp (perhaps even a dopp watcher) together with panda, and they are staging the whole thing to get a bunch of townies lynched, in which case, we kill panda, then we kill a townie, then we kill another townie, before finally killing chaoticjosh.[/silly]

My conclusion: If the town is really unlucky, the exterminator could win this game.

Well, whatever.
Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2009, 07:16:07 am »

ChaoticJosh is a Watcher, atleast, because the results he got were the same results I got.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2009, 08:23:20 am »

Pandarsenic is like lying dood!   :P
Well duh.
Anyway.
Can this game go wrong for the town? Let's find the fudge out!
18 people
Of which 4 dopps, probably several 3rd party roles. Assume no veterans.
We lynch the panda, dropping to 17:3
The dopps kill, and the extermintator kills. Both kills are townies. 15:3
We lynch a dopp from panda's list. Assume it is a townie. 14:3
See last night. 12:3
We lynch a dopp. 11:2
See last night. 9:2
We lynch a dopp. 8:1
See last night. 6:1
We lynch a dopp. 5:0
The exterminator kills. 4:0 (of which one exterminator)
We lynch the exterminator, who we have by this point obviously found. 3 townies left. Victory!
It's a close run thing, but only if the town is very, very unlucky; the killers never hit a protected man, the dopps don't hit the exterminator, and a myriad of other circumstances.
On the flip side, a bunch of aliens could mess things up for the town. An agent seeker can mean a third kill each night until he finds the agent, whereupon he commits suicide (as it were). Advanced or controlled doppelgangers could screw things up too. Maybe a mad scientist dopp has an assasin bot, or the exterminator has an assistant?
[silly]OR, chaoticjosh is a dopp (perhaps even a dopp watcher) together with panda, and they are staging the whole thing to get a bunch of townies lynched, in which case, we kill panda, then we kill a townie, then we kill another townie, before finally killing chaoticjosh.[/silly]

My conclusion: If the town is really unlucky, the exterminator could win this game.

Well, whatever.
No he can't. Believe me, he can't.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2009, 08:59:14 am »

I am finally here. A lot of homework and a plane to Spain can quite easily steal seventy-two hours from a guy.

Anyhow, I'll read the thread then give my suspicions.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:19 am »

Um, right.

I think there is only one to describe that.

Wow.

Since we apparently have two 'Watchers' and both 'agree' I suppose I ought to vote Pandarsenic, Sorry mate.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2009, 10:13:17 am »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: NUKE9.13
Pandarsenic: chaoticjosh, Cheeetar, JanusTwoFace, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, Rysith, ToonyMan, webadict, Xegeth
ToonyMan: Mr.Person

You gather around Pandarsenic. He grins at you, and his form shifts to a doppelganger! He reaches out his claws at Kashyyk, who steps backwards and picks up a large pistol sitting on a nearby table. With a shaking hand he plugs a few bullets into the monster. Its body collapses on the ground, dark red blood staining the carpet. Disgusted, you drag the body outside.

You then check out his house, and determine that he spoke the truth. He was, in fact, a doppelganger Telepath.

Ok, since we have well over half the players voting for Pandarsenic, and that seems unlikely to change, I'm going to end the day and move to Night 1.

Night roles, send me your PMs. Night will go until ~10am Pacific Saturday, or maybe earlier if I get all the actions before that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Night 1
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2009, 12:34:03 pm »

Quick update: I've got all the actions and I've started writing up the results, but I've got to head out for a bit. I'll send out the results and start day 2 sometime this afternoon/evening.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Night 1
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2009, 09:26:07 pm »

Town

You gather at the courthouse again. Today, however, you notice that webadict and Cheeetar are not among you.  Worried, you head off to check on them. Webadict's house is empty, but undisturbed. He seems to have simply vanished. Cheeetar's fate, however, is quite obvious. You find him at his dinner table, half his head burned off. Checking around the house, it becomes apparent that he was a Watcher, as he had claimed.

Much to do today, and much to worry about.

Ok, Day 2 has started! It will go until ~5pm Tuesday evening.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 8 - Day 2
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2009, 09:34:11 pm »

I take this to mean that Webadict was abducted by the scientist, his first appearance, how delightful!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2009, 02:50:37 am »

I take this to mean that Webadict was abducted by the scientist, his first appearance, how delightful!
Let's kill him out of spite!
Also Cheeetar obviously suffered death by exterminator (or some other alien).
The dopps were obviously hindered in their murders somehow. My guess: They went for webadict, who, naturally, was not there.
Anyway, unless somebody found the exterminator or the scientist and thinks they should tell everyone before they die, speak up.
Otherwise, let's lynch Mr.Person for being a dopp.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2009, 02:52:04 am »

Yeah, I guess. Mr.Person

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2009, 02:57:42 am »

I agree with Mr.Person unless he has an ability that could help us against the exterminator and the dopps are willing to help us. It doesn't really matter what order we lynch them if they won't help though.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2009, 03:20:15 am »

I agree with Mr.Person unless he has an ability that could help us against the exterminator and the dopps are willing to help us. It doesn't really matter what order we lynch them if they won't help though.
The dopps shouldn't help us until they are all dead. And even then, why would they?

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2009, 03:32:10 am »

They're probably dead anyway so they have nothing to lose.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2009, 03:36:06 am »

Except for their honour
Their honour that insists they play by the rules and thus always try to win.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17