Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starting the Liberal Revolution  (Read 4717 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Starting the Liberal Revolution
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:13 pm »

Serious question: Is it fun to get all those sleepers, or just a grind?

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 12:09:27 am »

I enjoy getting sleepers. I just wish the recruiting limit was increased.  It seems weird that my ultra-charismatic founder with maxed-out leadership skills can only have 25 sleepers under his command.  If the LCS is popular enough, and my founder has high enough heart/skills, I think the recruiting should be vastly increased, or even done away with completely.

Edit: Perhaps, if it wouldn't be a complete pain in the ass to program, the recruitment caps for active followers and sleepers could be seperated? I would imagine it's a lot easier to tell people to advocate liberalism to their friends and co-workers than it is to tell them to pick up a gun and storm the court house.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:17:07 am by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:33 am »

Re: sleeper armies, when I'm building a sleeper army, I'm doing it not to build a sleeper group or a sleeper platoon, I'm doing it to build a sleeper army. I never had problems with the recruitment cap, I always did it the old-fashioned way with interrogation. And I don't think sleepers should have a second recruitment cap, because they can still recruit more people if they're not brainwashed, and it would cause problems possibly with recalling sleepers.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 03:10:30 am »

The programming would actually be pretty trivial to exclude sleepers from recruit caps, but I think I tend to lean toward what Think0028 said about the sleeper cap; and it's a good point that you can recall sleepers, but that could be disabled if the boss's recruitment quota is full.

It used to be that you HAD to brainwash people to get sleepers, and now you get to use seduction or issues to get them, but they have half the infiltration level. I don't remember if it's in the current release or not, but one thing that's definitely on the slate is to have infiltration level be stuck, so you can't push it up or down. I might also replace it with a percentage and have the effect of infiltration be that the percent infiltration is the chance that any given sleeper action succeeds. Low risk sleeper actions would just have low or no consequences for failure, while high risk actions would compromise the sleeper or harm them in some way.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 04:05:22 am »

I quite enjoyed it, in a way.  The psycology skill didn't really take all that long to train up to max.  I brainwashed them all, since there's no limit on the number of brainwashes you can do.  I would support a move to a game where tactically placed sleepers rather than an indiscriminate army of sleepers is required, which may be achieved when having political sleepers comes into effect.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 12:38:24 pm »

Psychology raises very very fast with the main interrogator.  Anyone else you send in addition, are slow as molasses.  But thats fine.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 12:40:33 pm »

Psychology raises very very fast with the main interrogator.  Anyone else you send in addition, are slow as molasses.  But thats fine.
Yep, after 2 janitors my previously skill less interrogator had 3.5 ish psycology.  It doesn't take too long.

Nicpon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 12:26:34 pm »

How to make people think that  political violence is justified?

In my game,
<>  100% people respect LCS
<>  98% of these held me in high regard (whatever effect this has on game)
<> 0% people thought political violence is justified.

I find this strange.
it is CRIMINAL squad.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 12:40:34 pm »

How to make people think that  political violence is justified?

In my game,
<>  100% people respect LCS
<>  98% of these held me in high regard (whatever effect this has on game)
<> 0% people thought political violence is justified.

I find this strange.
it is CRIMINAL squad.

If they respect the LCS and hold you in high regard, it makes all issues more Liberal. It's sorta like how AM Radio/Cable News make society more conservative. People love the LCS, they adopt its radical positions.

You need to attack sites in order to build up society's tolerance to violence, but because everyone is against political violence, it might harm your popularity. Best to just let the status quo prevail.

EDIT: Except, um, er, you can't. It seems that, according to the code, LAW_FLAGBURNING is based on Free Speech AND Political Violence, so you have to bring political violence more liberal...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:48:25 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »

The CCS, and my subsequence response to them, got my political violence tolerance up rather a lot.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2009, 02:15:41 pm »

I can imagine though once the CCS is abolished you will have a hard time keeping up the political violence.
Hello Hunam

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »

I didn't bother.  Just surrendered my violent squad to the police, as I didn't need them anymore.  I should point out this was actually pre version 4.

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 10:58:40 pm »

Great advice for a new LCS player, thanks mate!  ;D
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 05:16:54 am »

Just discovered that each liberal can spray paint up to 50 juice which allows them to recruit 1 person and they also can get a lover so you can sort of daisy chain them, my founder got sent to prison for 3 years so I spent those years doing that and now have 7 guys at the safe house doing legal stuff and making money and 7 sleepers to deal with future arrests.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 2 [3]