Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering, RAM's thread.  (Read 11397 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering, RAM's thread.
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 04:06:25 pm »

PrinnyBaal is up.

And we could use a turn summary

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 04:29:19 pm »

turn summary:

PrinnyBaal: 24 in Deck, 1 in Hand, 7 FS.
DaPatman: 25 in Deck, 2 in Hand, 7 FS.
Rooster: 14 in Deck, 1 in Hand, 10 FS.

PrinnyBaal's Resources:
(f) x1
(w) x4
(s) x4
(m) x1

DaPatman's Resources:
(f) x1
(w) x2
(s) x3
(m) x1

Rooster's Resources:
(f) x0
(w) x2
(s) x1
(m) x0

PrinnyBaal's Field:
-(X)[Dwarf Miner]2/1
-(X)[Dwarf Farmer]1/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1

DaPatman's Field:
-(X)[Dwarf Woodcutter]2/2
-(X)[Human Caravan Guard]3/2
-(X)[Rhesus Macacque]1/1

Rooster's Field:
-(X)[Mountain Peak]
-(X)[Elf Fruit Gatherer]0/1
-(X)[Goblin Spearlord]3/4
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Human Miner]1/1

PrinnyBaal's Crypt:
[Dwarf Woodcutter]

DaPatman's Crypt:
[Kobold Cavern Keeper]
[Human Tower Archer]

Rooster's Crypt:

I suspect that ganging up on an enemy is a fine dwarven tradition, but it would be a huge change to what seems to be the rules...
Still, maybe you could say that it is one per attack but you can distribute them however you want, with 1 defender blocking 2 attacks and 2 blocking one attack...
To be honest, the way I play DF it is usually a case of getting all my soldiers in a lump and throwing them at the sieger's lump and seeing who survives, probably with lowest toughness dying first...

No matter how many times I read it I still come up with the same scenario as M.:T.G., if strength is greater than opponents toughness then opponent goes to crypt. The first number is strength, the second is toughness. If a 1/0 gets noticed it will die. If a 0/1 blocks a 0/2 then they will say hello and go back home. If something is just a 1 then it should be a building which only has toughness. If a 1/1 blocks a 2/1 then both die and the blocker loses 1 fortress strength. If anyone has any reason to doubt any of this please tell me now, I would hate to have misread something.

Should I start spoilering the updates?

Sorry, I was asleep.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:46 pm »

It has been brought to my attention that defending creatures kill a unit if their toughness exceeds the attacker's strength.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This uses attacker ambiguously, and I ma not sure wethr or not this applies to defenders also, I will have a look at what happened in my and Frelock's match on the main thread but...
*sighs* I will have to make some sort of arbitrary ruling soon, feel free to offer counsel...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2009, 05:36:41 pm »

Well, here it comes around to my turn. Doubt we'll find a way to block off that goblin. It's supernaturally strong...

Beginning Phase:
Everyone prepare for combat. Gather all new recruits in the statue garden.

Primary Phase:
The Dwarven Farmer is grabbing the left-over plants for cooking and brewing. He's doing pretty good, we'll be fine on food for our current numbers. For now, let's hope we can get some traps or walls up or something.
[(X) Dwarven Farmer (f) x3]

So, with enough food, it's time to turn to making defenses. Huh? Immigrants, we're in the middle of nowhere. Who the hell is crazy enough to come out to a place like this. Oh god it's some crazy noble. The "Mayor" has just given out a mandate for Adamantine Socks. We don't even have Adamantine.
[Play Dwarven Mayor, (f) x1]

The miner is down below mining like his usual self, doubt we're going to get any Adamantine before the mandate passes to save our Dwarves... Just carving out some rock. Wait, did he actually... [(X) Dwarven Miner (s) x5]

Oh god, no don't break through the adamantine you fool. Don't you know what'll happen!? The Miner, he's doomed us all.
[Play Adamantine Discovery by "mining" under Rooster's Mountain, Send Dwarven Miner/Naked Mole Dog to Crypt, Choose Dwarven Mayor to get his Adamantine Socks. (s) x2]

Combat Phase:
There's no time for anyone to attack, we have our hands, and traps full dealing with these Frog Demons!

No one attacks.

End Phase:
All creatures -(x)

PrinnyBaal's Resources:
(f) x1
(w) x4
(s) x2
(m) x1

(End Turn)

Overall, this means if I can survive, I can do a lot of damage. It also means that I'm probably going to get another round of attacks. Oh, another thing, I wasn't sure whether I had to choose Target Creature when Adamantine Discovery came into play, or each time I drew a card. That "Target Creature" is before "whenever you draw a card." implies it's when Adamantine Discovery comes into play, which is a doubly balancing effect, so... you guys know who to target I suppose. It's useful all the same.

In other news: RAM, why does Rooster have his Fruit Gatherer? That guy got shot I thought. It was pretty apparent that guy, if anyone was gonna die.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2009, 06:13:02 pm »

Indeed the elf is dead.

RAM: It'll be better if we decide the rules on the go, and see how that works out rather than strictly use what taritus said, because really I don't think that blocking would make much sense in the original game

EDIT: PrinnyBaal: You don't have to choose one creature for the rest of the game. It can be different each time you draw

EDIT: DaPatman go!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:15:56 pm by Rooster »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2009, 06:15:58 pm »

Because I am too busy being wonderful to bother with death.(will fix in next update)

Also, a single creature can block multiple attacks, but damage builds up on it during the turn.

Also, at first I thought that Frelock's turn may not have been valid because the Swordmaster should've killed the Archer, but then I noticed that because it's a ranged creature it is immune.

EDIT:  Also, whenever I release the next booster I'm going to probably hand out 10 free points to everyone in hopes that it will give them some possible (m) producing cards.
Doesn't really answer my question...

I block the [Adult Elephant] 3/2 with my [Goblin Swordmaster] 4/4.
I block the [Elf Fruit Gatherer] 0/1 with my [Kobold Fungi Cultivator] 1/1.
I block the [Elf Liaison] 1/1 with my [Elf Tree Singer] 0/1.
Frelock's [Adult Elephant] and [Elf Fruit Gatherer] die.
my [Elf Tree Singer] dies.
 I take 3 FS damage from Frelock's [Elf Bowsniper] (+1/+1).

I have 2 FS remaining.

Next round I attack with my [Goblin Swordmaster] and unless Frelock has more FS or something with more than 2 toughness to block with ends up with 0 FS.
And this was never resolved.

The more I think about it the more I think that PrinnyBaal is right, and that defenders don't deal damage. This is looking like a flat 'biggest creature wins' scenario. I have been using 'all creatures are equal' so far and am tempted to stick with it but, *sighs* lets do this properly...
The rules are changing now
When melee combat occurs if Defender Toughness > Attacker Strength then the Attacker dies, the defender's toughness is then reduced by an amount equal to what the Attacker's Strength was, but this wears off at the end of the round.

Many apologies and 5 points to everyone for my failure to notice this. But given that this is still meant to be a rules testing thread I really have to see how this plays.

New update shortly...

P.S.
 Grrr, ninjaed, you are right, it looks like a bit of a mess, but I feel that it is our duty to see how much of a mess. But I will probably cave if anyone cares...
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2009, 06:40:50 pm »

turn summary:

PrinnyBaal: 23 in Deck, 0 in Hand, 7 FS.
DaPatman: 25 in Deck, 2 in Hand, 7 FS.

PrinnyBaal's Resources:
(f) x1
(w) x4
(s) x2
(m) x1

DaPatman's Resources:
(f) x1
(w) x2
(s) x3
(m) x1

Rooster's Resources:
(f) x0
(w) x2
(s) x1
(m) x0

PrinnyBaal's Field:
-(X)[Dwarf Farmer]1/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Dwarf Mayor]1/2
[Adamantine Discovery]

DaPatman's Field:
-(X)[Rhesus Macacque]1/1

Rooster's Field:
-(X)[Mountain Peak]
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Human Miner]1/1

PrinnyBaal's Crypt:
[Dwarf Woodcutter]
[Dwarf Miner]
[Naked Mole Dog]

DaPatman's Crypt:
[Kobold Cavern Keeper]
[Human Tower Archer]

Rooster's Crypt:
[Elf Fruit Gatherer]

I draw a card

(I'll later edit this)
Lier!
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2009, 07:31:24 pm »

It's funny that you point that out.

Now...

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2009, 08:33:22 pm »

I'll take my turn once RAM explains why my Kobold Cavern Keeper is in my crypt, because as far as I can tell, he shouldn't be.

Sorry, I was asleep.

This, by the way, is almost always going to be the reason you're waiting for me to take my turn.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2009, 08:41:05 pm »

It's all up to discussion of rules, but by RAM's judgment
the action of blocking your cavern keeper by the woodcutter killed them both.

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2009, 09:09:42 pm »

That doesn't sound right. I may just be clutching at straws here, but:

The rules are changing now
When melee combat occurs if Defender Toughness > Attacker Strength then the Attacker dies, the defender's toughness is then reduced by an amount equal to what the Attacker's Strength was, but this wears off at the end of the round.

Granted, this came after my last turn was resolved, but my interpretation of the rules Taritus originally posted is that this was always the case. This is why I decided to have my melee units attack PrinnyBaal last turn rather than you, since I didn't want your Goblin Spearlord blocking and killing my Human Caravan Guard.

Since RAM appears to be offline at the moment, I'll take my turn now, including what my Kobold Cavern Keeper will do if he turns out to be alive.

Beginning phase:

I draw a card.

Primary phase:

The Dwarf Woodcutter continues his deforestation project. Good job there are no longer any elves around to get pissed off by this. (w) x3
I send my Rhesus Macaque off to infiltrate PrinnyBaal's fortress. It returns with a +plump helmet roast [10]+. PrinnyBaal: (f) x0; DaPatman: (f) x2
Meanwhile, a Dwarf Furnaceworker has arrived, and is setting up his smelter. (f) x1, (m) x0

Combat Phase:

The Human Caravan Guard attacks PrinnyBaal. If he's alive, so does the Kobold Cavern Keeper.

End phase:

All creatures -(X), and I end my turn.

DaPatman's resources:
(f) x1
(w) x3
(s) x3
(m) x0

I've just remembered what I posted when Rooster attacked me last turn:

Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting that. Since my Tower Archer won't be able to attack again for at least three turns (and that's only if I draw my Dwarf Furnaceworker next turn), and I don't feel the need to make PrinnyBaal discard a card every turn (there being no point making you discard), he takes one of the hits. The other goes straight to my FS.

I like irony. It's like goldy or bronzey but it's made of iron.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2009, 03:57:19 am »

turn summary:

PrinnyBaal: 23 in Deck, 0 in Hand, 7 FS.
DaPatman: 24 in Deck, 2 in Hand, 7 FS.

PrinnyBaal's Resources:
(f) x0
(w) x4
(s) x2
(m) x1

DaPatman's Resources:
(f) x1
(w) x3
(s) x3
(m) x0

Rooster's Resources:
(f) x0
(w) x2
(s) x1
(m) x0

PrinnyBaal's Field:
-(X)[Dwarf Farmer]1/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Dwarf Mayor]1/2
[Adamantine Discovery]

DaPatman's Field:
-(X)[Rhesus Macacque]1/1
-(X)[Dwarf Furnaceworker]1/1

Rooster's Field:
-(X)[Mountain Peak]
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Naked Mole Dog]3/1
-(X)[Human Miner]1/1

PrinnyBaal's Crypt:
[Dwarf Woodcutter]
[Dwarf Miner]
[Naked Mole Dog]

DaPatman's Crypt:
[Kobold Cavern Keeper]
[Human Tower Archer]

Rooster's Crypt:
[Elf Fruit Gatherer]

Caravan Guard Attacking PrinnyBaal

Once again I apologise for my confusion, I was operating according to the other rules and I have given you all 5 points to compensate for my mistake. It is a bit difficult to reverse the effects without disadvantaging anyone at this point So I am just going to try to make it clear what is happening now and try to finish this soon so we can go back for refreshments...
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2009, 04:59:57 am »

Winter is coming. Soon this war will put too much strain on our people. It's time to end it all.

Bring in the war paint!!!

I draw

Primary phase:
Pay (w)x2 and (s)x1 as demand
-Miner mines for (s)x1

Combat:
Arrrrrrrrrr!!! For the glory of "The corrupted defiler of spears"! Chaaaaaaaaarge!!!

My Goblin spearlord, and my both Naked mole dogs attack DaPatman!

End my turn

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2009, 05:11:05 am »

Ah, right... Caravan Guard. Uhhh... Giving him the pass. I'll go down to 4 FS for that. Let him through.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:53 am »

Giving PrinnyBaal a card and going to sleep, might put a hold on turn updates until combat resolves.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10