Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Display problems on new computer  (Read 564 times)

Phoenix_Kensai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Display problems on new computer
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:48:47 pm »

I apologize if this isn't the right forum to post this, as I wasn't sure if I should post it as a question or bug report, but...

I recently bought a new computer, and when I tried to run Dwarf Fortress today, I noticed a rather crippling display glitch. The screen continually... flashes, for lack of a better word, between the current screen and what was displayed previously, sometimes leaving multiple images overlapping. It seems as though the window isn't refreshing properly, though I have no idea what could be causing this... my current computer has Windows Vista, 3GB of RAM, an AMD Athlon 4450e dual core processor, and an ATI Radeon HD 4670 video card. The game worked fine on my previous computer, though I don't remember the exact specs... I know it ran Windows XP, and had around 2GB of RAM and a single core Pentium processor of around 2.8 GHz, and an NVidia card from around 2005 or so.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong, or how I can fix this? I was looking forward to seeing how well Dwarf Fortress ran on my new computer, but I can't do it like this.

EDIT: 40d13 seems to work fine.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:12:08 am by Phoenix_Kensai »