Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wow, and it's not even an artifact  (Read 4315 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Wow, and it's not even an artifact
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 04:18:38 am »

Imagine if you could make Artifact drinks. That would be Dwarfy.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 05:18:06 am »

I'm starting to wonder if these bugs are caused by modding the raws.  I remember the creator of Planepacked having done something to his goblins.  Mine has orks, extra plants, more stones being made Sharp, and smelter reactions to produce gold, platinum, and adamantine. 

I have no idea how these things would interact with the game to form these monstrous creations, but it is a thought.  Any word from the creator of the Milk Roast on if his data corroborates what we've seen?

The milk roast is an embark bug; what you do is embark with a full load of Dwarven Milk, because of a quirk of the system all the milk ends up in a single barrel, and thus counts as a single ingredient in the roast.

Truec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 11:38:19 am »

The milk roast is an embark bug; what you do is embark with a full load of Dwarven Milk, because of a quirk of the system all the milk ends up in a single barrel, and thus counts as a single ingredient in the roast.

Huh, I've never even noticed that.  Does Dwarven Syrup do the same thing?  If so, I guess that explains the sugary fish as well.

These things aren't quite as awesome once rational explanations pop up.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 04:28:29 pm »

Huh, I've never even noticed that.  Does Dwarven Syrup do the same thing?  If so, I guess that explains the sugary fish as well.

These things aren't quite as awesome once rational explanations pop up.

I'm not sure about Syrup, I'll have to try that.

As for milk, you're allowed to embark with up to 100 units of milk in one barrel.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2009, 05:05:04 pm »

I don't think it lists the syrups/milks individually when you do the embark bug.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]