Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Female beards  (Read 4241 times)

Dvergar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Female beards
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

I suppose indiviuality was the wrong word, but what I meant is to me dwarves are genderless, they both think the same, anatomically they are the same, so who cares what gender they are (do dwarves have penises   :o)

On second thought, individuality wasn't a bad word... right now dwarves are simply their professions, the dwarves might as well not even have names, the only thing that is important is their proffession, adding the ability to discern male from female would make each dwarf more unique.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2009, 04:18:28 pm »

Dwarves have no sexual organs, but wrestling would be more fun if they did. Never has the word [INTERNAL] carried so much meaning...
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:26 pm »

I suppose indiviuality was the wrong word, but what I meant is to me dwarves are genderless, they both think the same, anatomically they are the same, so who cares what gender they are (do dwarves have penises   :o)

On second thought, individuality wasn't a bad word... right now dwarves are simply their professions, the dwarves might as well not even have names, the only thing that is important is their proffession, adding the ability to discern male from female would make each dwarf more unique.
Well, only the females have and carry children, and marriages (and I assume romances) are always male and female. On the other hand, the new countess will happily accept the countess consort of her predecessor :D.
I agree that it can help, but it's not necessary: hair styles can just as well be linked to gender. It's completely optional anyway, so it's guaranteed ok for everyone and a bit of a moot point.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2009, 04:52:55 pm »

Dwarves have no sexual organs, but wrestling would be more fun if they did. Never has the word [INTERNAL] carried so much meaning...

I want to mod this in RIGHT NOW, simply so I can get the text Urist's left testicle flys off in a bloody arc.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 08:13:08 pm »

I want to mod this in RIGHT NOW, simply so I can get the text Urist's left testicle flys off in a bloody arc.

Don't be silly, the combat log would say:

Urist smashes the Dragon's left ear with his middle-left testicle.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:11 pm »

Don't be silly, the combat log would say:

Urist smashes the Dragon's left ear with his middle-left testicle.

That is completely absurd, Dragons don't have ears.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:34 pm »

If you mod balls in, remember to make them a ranged weapon. We can have cases of the "magic testicle" discussed on the forum. With this and the "joints mod" going on, we could create the "anatomically correct mod".

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2009, 08:23:16 pm »

How did this go from "beards" to "testicles"?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2009, 08:24:11 pm »

The discussion of gender differences.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:07 am »

Do dwarves have pubic hair?

It's a valid query. Realism is an integral part of the game, whether dwarven balls are hairy is an important question of canon

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2009, 11:00:39 am »

Do dwarves have pubic hair?

It's a valid query. Realism is an integral part of the game, whether dwarven balls are hairy is an important question of canon
A louse could walk from their heads to their toes without touching skin.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2009, 11:03:40 am »

I didn't need that image

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2009, 11:12:39 am »

I didn't need that image
You can still adjust that by concentrating on the beard.

I look forward to the day where the king can order mandatory monthly epilations for the whole fortress, and things like that.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2009, 11:33:20 am »

No dwarven king/queen would ever demand such a thing. To do so would be the greatest dishonour, and he/she would see him/her self thrown out of command pretty quickly.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2009, 11:45:10 am »

No dwarven king/queen would ever demand such a thing. To do so would be the greatest dishonour, and he/she would see him/her self thrown out of command pretty quickly.
He obviously was insane, and lived the rest of his life between the animals in the hills. And that was the origin of the naked mole dogs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]