Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange mood/ Odd occurance  (Read 1202 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood/ Odd occurance
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »

It must have taken too long to get the materials and his insane timer went off during the process of making the item.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:00:00 am »

It would be funny if a dwarf's insane timer ran out right as they finished it.

Urist McWeaponsmith has created an artifact!
Urist McWeaponsmith has become Legendary!
Urist McWeaponsmith has gone berserk!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 01:35:12 pm »

He is still insane, though not attacking anyone, but rather running around my fortress naked and all of his clothes are outside :o.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 01:47:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure a dwarf's insanity timer pauses while the item is in progress. My best guess would be something interrupted him, which causes instant insanity for a mood-ed dwarf. Is it a magma forge? If a dwarf is using a magma forge for artifact creation and it loses power for even an instant, they're interrupted, with unpleasant result.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 03:06:03 pm »

He is still insane, though not attacking anyone, but rather running around my fortress naked and all of his clothes are outside :o.

Urist McWeaponsmith cancels finish Aritfact: Went Stark Raving Mad
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 03:33:29 pm »

I'm pretty sure a dwarf's insanity timer pauses while the item is in progress. My best guess would be something interrupted him, which causes instant insanity for a mood-ed dwarf. Is it a magma forge? If a dwarf is using a magma forge for artifact creation and it loses power for even an instant, they're interrupted, with unpleasant result.

Isn't it odd that a dwarf in a strange mood can work at a normal forge without any fuel, but if a magma forge loses power for an instant they go insane?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

DeathOfRats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 04:18:56 pm »

Isn't it odd that a dwarf in a strange mood can work at a normal forge without any fuel, but if a magma forge loses power for an instant they go insane?

They're dwarves. Logic is just a five-letter word for them.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 04:27:28 pm »

They're dwarves. Logic is just a five-letter word for them.

What do you mean? It is perfectly logical to hit something with a bridge and have every trace of it disappear from existence! Having Gigafortresses held by a single pillar of soap! Having walls of ice direct magma through underground tunnels!

Dwarf Fortress is based on the ideas of great philosophers and the logic of real life.
Pages: 1 [2]